Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Hard Exercise better on DD or UD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/811085-hard-exercise-better-dd-ud.html)

MargD 08-30-2013 08:19 AM

Hard Exercise better on DD or UD?

I do a heavy weight workout with a personal trainer on Mondays at 6:30 pm and Wednesdays at 7 pm. I've been doing this for approximately 3 years.

I'm contemplating giving JUDDD a try and I'm just wondering if there is a consensus about whether it's better to do hard exercise on a DD or an UD?

I wonder about having the energy for a hard workout on a DD, but I sometimes find that I'm hungrier the day after my workouts, so maybe a DD would be extra difficult then?

Fluffy_Bunny 08-30-2013 08:33 AM

I started doing strength training and cardio when I started JUDDD 7+ weeks ago after about 6 years of no workouts.

I do my strength workout on UD mornings before a good high protein breakfast. My reasoning is that after you break your muscles down with weights it's important to eat enough to help your body rebuild. On the flip side I figure doing cardio and then keeping calories low (or non existent) for several hours after is great to get maximum fat burn from time invested.

That's how I've been doing it and it seems to be working. Approximately 19.83 pounds of fat lost and 4.83 pounds of muscle gained since I started (gotta love those newbie gains!).

I haven't found my energy levels affected at all. Experiment and see what works for you.

LoCarbGal 08-30-2013 08:37 AM

Since I've been doing JUDDD for so long, I really don't feel like I can't do anything on a specific day, UD or DD. I agree with Fluffy Bunny about getting the most physically from your workout/eating timing.

My only caveat is that in the beginning weeks of JUDDDing, I did feel slightly light-headed on DDs, especially toward the end of the day. That has completely passed, but you may find it in starting out. Then again, you may not.

You'll just have to try it out and see what your body says. Good luck!

elphie124 08-30-2013 08:49 AM

I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer, but I prefer to workout on UDs. I'll do light cardio on DDs occasionally but I don't really like going into negative net calories for the day. it makes me feel like :stars:.

MintQ8 08-30-2013 09:31 PM

I like working out on DDs, however that's in the morning - not sure in the evening ... Try it and see? Have a low cal something with you just in case? Good luck working it out!

LiLi914 08-31-2013 03:59 AM

I typically work out on my DD. If it's a weekend I work out before 10am and if it's a weekday I eat my dinner right before I head to the gym. I've found that I have more energy and focus at the gym on a DD. For me, when I work out on a UD I feel sluggish and disappointed after the workout because I don't get that same adrenaline rush.

With that said please know that it honestly depends in what you feel works for you. After a few weeks of getting comfortable with JUDDD I would give both alternatives a try and see what works for you.

Carly 08-31-2013 06:05 AM

I enjoy my exercise more on a DD and have more drive and determination to wok out on DD, but both days are fine. You will learn what works for you.