Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back again (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/811045-back-again.html)

TryingJudd 08-29-2013 09:56 AM

Back again

Well - it's been three months of hit and miss for me - mostly miss. I still checked in on this board periodically because I love to see the support and successes but I have not been doing a good job managing my diet and I finally feel ready to force myself back on track.

My goal for the next couple of weeks is just to manage UDs and fit in a few DDs per week to halt my gains and start to get comfortable again with DDs. I quit for no good reason - just life - chronic foot pain which was recently diagnosed as arthiritis and which has hampered my exercise, office move stress, death in the family, long and lingering bout of pneumonia - it's been a heck of a summer.

What's the damage? In late May I hit a low of 172-ish. After 3 months of little exercise and lots of unbounded stress eating I finally summoned the courage to get on the scale this morning. 184.8. I guess it could be worse but at least I am facing it and trying to halt the backwards slide. The weird thing is my clothes still fit. I am definitely puffier and have less of a waist and more muffin top and thigh top (is there a name for that LOL?) but I am wearing the same clothes. My losses are so slow and so hard won that it pains me to have to make up the same ground but better to stop the slide now before it gets worse. Hopping back on that horse and hoping to spend more time here for accountability, inspiration and support.

Babsbabs 08-29-2013 10:09 AM

So nice to see you back again too! It sounds like a difficult summer and you are not alone in the letting things slide department. I am finding coming back on the JUDDD site incredibly motivating. Especially with all the familiar people still posting and many new supportive JUDDDers here as well. Stopping the upward scale movement is a great goal in my books.:)

dawnyama 08-29-2013 10:10 AM

Wow, you have had a rough go of it lately. Those things can throw anyone off course. Good for you for reigning it in NOW and tackling it. I know you can do it!!!

KeirasMom 08-29-2013 10:10 AM

It could definitely have been worse, with all you've had going on, and I'm glad you're back on track. You know it works, and how to work it. :D

jacquelinejolie 08-29-2013 10:16 AM

Boy, do I hate re-losing weight I've already lost before too! Hopefully I've done it enough times now that I know that the only solution to it is sticking to something for the long haul and not fooling myself that I can manage maintenance without some external crowbar.

Great for you to nip this sucker in the bud before the damage gets worse. And :welcome: back!!!

Jbinme 08-29-2013 10:17 AM

Welcome back!
Sorry for the rough summer:console:
I just started back too. I know we can do it.

LoCarbGal 08-29-2013 10:53 AM

:welcome: back TJ! It's great to see you here again. It is frustrating to have to re-lose that weight, but the damage is not too great thankfully. I know you can get back into it and start losing again.

BTW, we missed your birthday earlier this month, didn't we? Well.....

:birthday::jumpjoy::birthday::jumpjoy::birthday:

I hope it was a great day!

JMBM 08-29-2013 11:00 AM

You can do it TJ. I blew my rotations over the summer and went from 145 to 160. Life got crazy. We moved and I opened my own dog grooming salon and ended up eating out a lot and not keeping up w/calorie counts. Hopefully, things are settling some and I can keep up w/ regular rotations. I think you've got a good plan in place, but the main thing is that you're starting. Juddd works and coming back to the boards really helps me focus. I look at other dd menus and am getting ideas of new things to try. Wish you the best my friend!:clap::up:

elphie124 08-29-2013 01:26 PM

Welcome back! As I like to say, onward and upward! A few rotations and you'll be feeling great!

Librarygirl 08-29-2013 04:24 PM

Welcome back TJ!!:friends: I'm still plugging along, and at nearly 174. You can catch up, easy! :D Let's do it!

TryingJudd 08-30-2013 10:25 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and support. Hoping to make it stick this time and not burn out. I made it almost a year and a half last time working the program hard and do feel like JUDDD is my answer just not as easy or fast as my dreams would like. But what is??

Barbo 08-30-2013 10:03 PM

Welcome Back.

Remember, it's one UP day at a time and one DD at a time.
With the support of the JUDD BUDDS you will be right at home.

Kissa 09-04-2013 08:02 AM

Welcome back TJ, lovely to see back with us and it could have been a lot worse.

We are all backing you up.

SlimNana 09-04-2013 08:11 AM

:welcome: Back!

It's no joke that "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts"!

:hugs: Ann

SlimNana 09-04-2013 09:17 AM

Hope this helps! :help:

Cortisol, Stress, and Weight Gain
by Vincent Milardo

Role of the “Stress Hormone” in Weight Control

Eating when under stress isn’t just about filling an emotional need. Your body has a system of hormonal checks and balances that actually promote weight gain when you’re stressed out.

The so-called “stress hormone” cortisol is released in the body during times of stress along with the hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine that constitute the “fight or flight” response to a perceived threat. Following the stressful or threatening event, epinephrine and norepinephrine levels return to normal while cortisol levels can remain elevated over a longer time period. In fact, cortisol levels can remain persistently elevated in the body when a person is subjected to chronic stress.

How does cortisol influence weight gain? Cortisol has many actions in the body, and one ultimate goal of cortisol secretion is the provision of energy for the body.

Cortisol stimulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism for fast energy, and stimulates insulin release and maintenance of blood sugar levels. The end result of these actions is an increase in appetite. Thus chronic stress, or poorly managed stress, may lead to cortisol levels that stimulate your appetite, with the end result being weight gain or difficulty losing unwanted pounds.

sorenkkg 09-04-2013 09:37 AM

:hugs: TJ.

I hear ya, I really do.

i'm back, as of yesterday (started with an UD :) ), myself, and same as you-- hard fought losses, gone in a few stressful months.

But I believe in JUDDD, and I'm sitting here on my DD contemplating carrots and/or more water.

I know you're out there, and all the JB's, in this together!

:hugs: :heart:
S.

SlimNana 09-04-2013 12:31 PM

:hiya: Soren!

Isn't it funny how we're all drawn back here, like moths to a flame! :D

I'm convinced the magic behind the JUDDD process has more to do with all the amazing and inspiring JBs here, than the ADF! ;):friends:

TryingJudd 09-04-2013 04:02 PM

Yay Soren! Is your kitchen done?

I am not back on track but I am getting closer! I managed two DDs this week and was reasonable on the other days and included regular exercise. The scale hasn't budged but I feel "tighter".

Hoping to get that mojo going soon and sending mojo out for all the JBs returning for a fall restart!!!

sorenkkg 09-04-2013 08:18 PM

Hey TJ!
Yep all done. Check my blog link below, I got the final pics up!

Kissa 09-05-2013 01:54 AM

I totally love your home makeover Soren.