Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My JUDDD Weight Loss Journey (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/810968-my-juddd-weight-loss-journey.html)

adillenal 08-28-2013 08:33 PM

My JUDDD Weight Loss Journey

I was working on my website for my goats and I had a new picture of my buck from April 2012 and a picture from a show in April 2013. Similar clothing and surroundings and a final picture in May 2013 which I think really shows the results I have had on my JUDDD journey. I have posted before and after pictures before but I am doing it again for those that think they can't do it or don't think it works or they are too old, too out of shape or whatever. :)

I am very happy where I am and as long as I continue EOD rotations I can maintain. Not always easily and I still bounce up and down but I wear size 8's and have no desire to go any lower. In fact I gained a few pounds when I saw some pictures of me at 132. Too low.
First picture is at 160 pounds. I started at 180 so I had already lost 20 pounds. Picture in April 2013 and May 2013 I weighed 136. I am currently 139.
Juddd Weight Loss Journey April 2012 by ilindell | Photobucket

LoCarbGal 08-28-2013 10:13 PM

Wow, Adi! That is a huge difference! Your hips and legs are so much slimmer. All of you really, but it's so noticeable in your lower half. WTG and thanks for sharing those! :high5:

jdforshort 08-29-2013 12:55 AM

You look great! Much much fitter! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:Thanks for sharing, a real "pick me up" type:goodpost:

Goner 08-29-2013 03:27 AM

What a transformation! You look wonderful. So do the goats - cute!

You still do eod rotations on maintenance? What are your calories on each?

I am hoping when I get to maintenance to manage with a 5:2 or a 4:3.

I am happy to see a fellow senior citizen manage to lose and then maintain the loss. I will be 62 this year, and was happy and surprised how easily it felt to lose on JUDDD. Maintenance however has not been something I've accomplished - obviously. <wink>

Thank you for sharing and encouraging others!

Carly 08-29-2013 03:35 AM

You look fabulous Adi! Great job!

Jbinme 08-29-2013 03:39 AM

You look great!

Flossyliz 08-29-2013 03:45 AM

Thanks Adi. You look amazing!

adillenal 08-29-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16579675)
What a transformation! You look wonderful. So do the goats - cute!

You still do eod rotations on maintenance? What are your calories on each?

I am hoping when I get to maintenance to manage with a 5:2 or a 4:3.

I am happy to see a fellow senior citizen manage to lose and then maintain the loss. I will be 62 this year, and was happy and surprised how easily it felt to lose on JUDDD. Maintenance however has not been something I've accomplished - obviously. <wink>

Thank you for sharing and encouraging others!

Well, I tried 5:2 and gained. Had to work super hard to get it off too. Tried 4:3 and gained so EOD for me. I am all over the place with DD/UD calories. Sometimes both are low sometimes not. I usually still do low DD's so I can have a nice UD and that works for me.:) I have come to peace with the fact that I will have to continue EOD for a very long time to remain at my current weight. I change the types of foods I eat up on DD just for variety. I do at least one maybe two potato DD's a week since I can have higher calories on those days.

And I so agree about how much weight I lost and where. I am a pear shape but don't have the big thighs just the behind when I am fat. And I definitely lost a lot on my bottom portion. I have no extra fat on my upper half so if I loose any more weight I start looking emaciated on my upper half.

Librarygirl 08-29-2013 04:27 AM

You look wonderful!! Thank you for sharing, Adi. The transformation is very evident, and your JUDDD journey is so encouraging. :)

Genie80 08-29-2013 04:53 AM

Wow that's amazing.
Thank you for sharing x

KeirasMom 08-29-2013 05:44 AM

Fabulous results, and I'm so happy you found a way to maintain that works for you!

zipp2play 08-29-2013 05:55 AM

You have done exceptionally well. You look amazing! Way to go!

elphie124 08-29-2013 05:55 AM

Wow! What a difference! You look fantastic! :jumpjoy:

theredhead 08-29-2013 06:52 AM

Congratulations on your losses and your successful maintenance! You look great! Aren't you glad you have those pictures to compare?

I'm like you in that I keep my EOD rotations on maintenance because it WORKS! Our delicious and enjoyable UDs are made possible by our adherence to the strict DDs. It's absolutely worth it. Good job! :D:up:

Sirtain 08-29-2013 06:54 AM

Great to see what a change this has made for you. You're looking great!

jacquelinejolie 08-29-2013 07:07 AM

Wonderful results! Congratulations!
:high5: :jumpjoy: :high5:

Macci 08-29-2013 08:26 AM

Wow, Adi, you look fantastic! Congratulations and thank you so much for this very inspirational post. There is something I notice about you and all the JUDDD maintainers -- you all look so healthy, lean, nice muscle tone, like you have all been doing pilates. So looking forward to that myself.

JMBM 08-29-2013 09:34 AM

Great job Adi! You look great! So do your goats btw. Would love to show my horses, but just don't have time right now. Some day perhaps. ;)

Dottie 08-29-2013 09:40 AM

Wow you look great! And those are fine looking goats, too ;)

TryingJudd 08-29-2013 09:43 AM

You are an inspiration!

Babsbabs 08-29-2013 09:56 AM

Perfect pictures to show the transformation you have made! Thanks for posting them. I was doing well in maintenance on the EOD schedule as well. Wish I would have kept to it as less DD's equaled weight gain for me. It is coming off now that I am back to it. I was wondering about 5-2 and I don't think I'll try it unless my weight starts slipping too low which doesn't seem to be an issue right now.

dawnyama 08-29-2013 10:12 AM

You look great!!! How nice to be able to see the transformation. Thank you for sharing.

Fluffy_Bunny 08-29-2013 10:22 AM

You look awesome! That's an amazing transformation right there.

allisonm 08-29-2013 10:39 AM

That is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Kimmietoo 08-29-2013 02:26 PM

Adi, thank you so much for all that you share with us! You are such a beautiful lady! I am thrilled to see your before and after pictures. You are a true inspiration!

Kimmie

sazzie 08-29-2013 02:35 PM

So happy for you, Adi!

You look so trim and healthy!

Thanks for sharing what can be done with persistence.

tobelowcarber 08-29-2013 03:20 PM

WOW, amazing transformation, Adi!!!

Flutter 08-29-2013 07:25 PM

Adi, you look amazing! Huge congrats to you!!! I know you feel just as awesome as you look, too. :) Thanks for sharing, I love before & after pics!!! So inspiring!

calichris 08-29-2013 09:13 PM

Adi, you look amazing. It's amazing how your slimmer picture just somehow looks energetic and full of vitality even in a still photo.

It still cracks me up that they want you to wear white around goats. :rofl:

adillenal 08-30-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16581153)
Adi, you look amazing. It's amazing how your slimmer picture just somehow looks energetic and full of vitality even in a still photo.

It still cracks me up that they want you to wear white around goats. :rofl:

Well, the white is a show requirement but you should see my pants at the end of a show. It is a wonder I ever get them clean again. :)

And thanks to everyone for the kind comments. Although the weight is the same for April and May 2013, I am actually thinner in May. I thought it was interesting that my waist shrank during that time and I started shifting around. JUDDD is amazing in it works so well and in so many ways.:)