Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Questions for those who returning to JUDDD

I have a few questions for those who have returned to JUDDD after stopping for a while.

-why did you stop?
-what made you decide to start again?
-did you feel the effects of JUDDD for awhile after you stopped?
-did it feel harder to start the second time?
-has it been harder or taken longer to lose the weight?

This was my first DD in quite a while and it felt hard but not unbearable.
I've been questioning if I'm going to be able to do this again.
I stopped for several reasons. I was reading about all different eating plans and thought I should try different ones. Eventually I got burned out I said no more. I knew I would gain but I was burned out physically and emotionally. I also had issues with my sleep. I decided to start again because I don't want to keep gaining. Even if I stay where I am I would be okay but I just don't want health problems from being overweight.
I have a much better relationship with food than I did before and that is thanks to JUDDD.
I put a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect on JUDDD last time and this time I just want to do the best I can but NOT beat myself up if its not perfect.

Thank you for any input. You all are the best for support
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I have a few questions for those who have returned to JUDDD after stopping for a while.

-why did you stop? I didn't stop JUDDDing until I went into maintenance, and then I decided to try some different plans, just to see what I could get away with, or what would make me have fewer "cold-related" problems. I have Primary Raynauds and have been having complications due to the decreased body temperature associated with fasting.
-what made you decide to start again? JUDDD feels comfortable, and feels like "home."
-did you feel the effects of JUDDD for awhile after you stopped? I'm a bit weird in that I never really felt a lot of the effects even while I was actively losing weight, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this.
-did it feel harder to start the second time? I naturally fell right back into the rhythm with JUDDD. It wasn't hard at all.
-has it been harder or taken longer to lose the weight? I was already in maintenance, but decided to lose a few more pounds when I came back to JUDDD. I was amazed that it seemed to pick right back up where I left off.

I hope this can be of some help to you, though we're all different, and as always, YMMV.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
-why did you stop?
i can't stand fasting any more felt so stressed
that i can eat freely and without counting calories on up days
not sure
a little bit
yes and after every two months i got stalled for one or two months
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Dawn-it does help. Have you been doing ok with the Raynauds?
I don't look forward to the JUDDD cold. I wish it could always be summer. I still get cold sometimes but JUDDD cold in the winter-almost debilitating.

I know what you mean that JUDDD feels like home. I always thought in the back of my mind that I'd do it again sometime.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you lylydvd. Did you get to your goal the first time you did JUDDD? How long did you do it the first time?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
why did you stop?
I stopped after losing 60 pounds because I was working nights and had a difficult time controlling my eating after working a night shift on a DD. Crazy tired and crazy hungry is not a good combination. I was eating all the wrong foods and thought straight calorie counting would be better. Also when working nights, it was very difficult trying to sleep during the day on a DD.

I love the flexibility. I love UDs and I work only days now. So much easier for me. I really like eating light on DDs.

No. I tried 1400 calories a day but was always hungry even with controlled carbs

No. Much easier as I know for certain that this is the plan I want to stay on and transition into maintenance for life.

The same. I am 60 years old and hypothyroid, but can easily lose 2 pounds a week if I stay on my 500/2000 rotation. I do have a free day after weekly weigh in, but usually it's not a binge.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Redeemed-thanks. I'm glad you were able to get off nights. I can't even imagine.
How long ago did you re-start JUDDD?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
-why did you stop? usually because I got sick and stopped rotations for a few days
-what made you decide to start again? it works! and when I stop, I start gaining
-did you feel the effects of JUDDD for awhile after you stopped? no, always starving without doing JUDDD
-did it feel harder to start the second time? nope, just get right back into rotations
-has it been harder or taken longer to lose the weight? not really...but i really stall after losing 10 pounds...
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
I stopped JUDDDIng for much of this summer because of scheduling. I was doing great for a while and then between traveling, company, BBQ's, and long runs I let it slide.
I started again because I feel much better on JUDDD. I feel mentally clearer and happier when my weight isn't creeping/leaping upward.
I think that I started feeling less energetic and cloudier (not sure how to describe it sluggish?) after a week or so.
I found the first few DD's hard again. I had to work my way down from 600 calories (the level I was used to for maintenance). PH helped get my appetite back under control too.
I think it was easier than the first time.
It is hard to tell about the weight loss as I keep going off of it for social events and travel this month. One last trip to LA for the long weekend and then I am home for a while. I'll know better about the weight next month when the family and I are back to a regular schedule.
I think of myself as a lifetime intermittent faster, with a weakness for social eating. The social eating just won for a while this summer!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Been on JUDDD since mid July. I had two terrible high days in a row and thought
I would quit....Didn't quit and went on a carb controlled UPP day and then slipped
into a fairly decent DD and yesterday was UP and I did well and today I am DD
and feel quite reasonably well. It was tempting to quit because I wasn't perfect.
But then I never am so I just kept on. I am praying and hoping for 150 by Christmas.

Give it another try. You don't have to be perfect. I do have to be carb controlled.
How about you? Will that help you?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Barbo. I'm glad you didn't quit!
I'm realizing that its not an all or nothing plan. It doesn't have to be perfect. I am allowing higher DDs than before and I'll lower them when I feel ready or go a little higher if I have to.
I don't think I'll 'quit' again if I'm more laid back about it.
It really does work and that's why I'm doing it again.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
jbinme, that's the attitude!!! I have always had such black/white thinking, too. Juddd has really helped me reign that in and see that I don't HAVE to be perfect. 2 UDs in a row? No big thing! Vacation & go off plan, again, get back on and no big deal at all. It is SO NICE and refreshing to not worry about anything any more! Keep up the good work girl!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
jbinme, that's the attitude!!! I have always had such black/white thinking, too. Juddd has really helped me reign that in and see that I don't HAVE to be perfect. 2 UDs in a row? No big thing! Vacation & go off plan, again, get back on and no big deal at all. It is SO NICE and refreshing to not worry about anything any more! Keep up the good work girl!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Today I had a really nice quiet day. I decided to take time to read again the first half of The Alternate Day Diet, and the Fast Diet.

So inspiring to look again at the great science behind these plans and the incredible health benefits we can gain.

One thing that comes across in both of these books is just the point Barbo, Melinda etc are making. It is not about perfection it is about sustainability.

We can make this work for us and our busy lives. And we will.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Today I had a really nice quiet day. I decided to take time to read again the first half of The Alternate Day Diet, and the Fast Diet.

So inspiring to look again at the great science behind these plans and the incredible health benefits we can gain.

One thing that comes across in both of these books is just the point Barbo, Melinda etc are making. It is not about perfection it is about sustainability.

We can make this work for us and our busy lives. And we will.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I finally got around to reading the first part of the fast diet book this morning as well Cindy. It is so easy to focus on fasting as a weight loss tool and forget all the other great things it does for our bodies. I think it will be good for me to keep that in mind once I get back to maintenance again.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Redeemed-thanks. I'm glad you were able to get off nights. I can't even imagine.
How long ago did you re-start JUDDD?
6/24/13
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Love your Avi JB!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs