Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nutella
Stats: 207/188/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
Already stalling?

Hi! I am a total lurker coming out for some advice please. I began JUDDD on July 2 and lost 14 pounds the first month. So far in Month 2 I have only lost 2 pounds and keep bouncing up and down by 1-1.5 lbs daily for nearly 3 weeks. I have my calories totally under control...I honestly count everything and never ever go over my DD/UD calorie limits. My diet is fairly clean with a sweet treat on UD. I exercise 2-3 times a week. I lean more towards low carb but I am not strict about it.

My calories when starting in July were 404/2020. I struggle to get my UD numbers, but I do feel like I want all of my DD calories.

What do you think...should I make somee adjustments? I am not interested in doing a hack quite yet.

Thanks!
Nutella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
So you're averaging 8 pounds a month it looks like? That's quite a bit. My guess is that you dehydrated in your first month (hence your abnormally high loss, which was probably 50%+ water) and your water stores have built up here again (to normal levels, not excessive) in August. Some women can gain up to 10 pounds a month in water weight through hormonal fluctuations.

I wouldn't hack a thing and just stay where you are, doing what you're doing and things will eventually even out and you should see a more even weekly rate of loss in September. But don't get your hopes up - or try - for a 14 # month again. That's just "starting a diet whoosh."
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elphie124
Stats: 146/133/130ish 5'6"
WOE: JUDDD for loss / eating mindfully for maintenance
Start Date: 7/15/13
When I thought I was stalling, I was actually constipated (didn't notice that I hadn't been regular). Sorry to be so frank, but just putting it out there in case it helps you.

The next time my losses slowed down, I lowered my DD calories and that helped immensely. But yours seem pretty low already for your current stats so I'm not sure that would work for you.

In any case, don't quit! You will work through this!
elphie124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Amy's right on the constipation. That's an early sign of dehydration.

To be frank, I don't even count the first week or so of losses - especially on LC plans - as "real fat" losses. They're just gravy that will come back to bite / disappoint you if you do. On almost all diet boards I've seen, people will post great losses on weeks 1 and 2 and then "stall" - or even gain back - like you're doing. Lots of them quit because they think it isn't working. Then a couple of weeks later if they stick to it - surprise whoosh!

I had/have problems getting in all the up day calories too. I tweaked my down days up in a protein centric way. Seems to work ok for me so far.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the input! I certainly don't expect huge losses each month, but at least 4-6 month would be great. No issues in the bathroom so far. I actually may be lacking some on protein calories...hmmm...may.have to get more protein vs.veggies in on dd.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I agree with the good posts above. You can't call it a stall yet. Seems like my losses come in big whooshes over a week or so, and then I spend the next 3 weeks or so bouncing between the same 2 - 3 pounds until the next nice whoosh. You may be having something similar. I also have the TMI stalls, so that's a good point. I'm glad you don't seem to be having that though.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Nutella!! I agree with everyone that what you've lost so far is incredible!! If you have managed to keep off the initial 14 lbs, plus 2 more in less than 2 months time, you're doing great! Most likely you will not have that rate of loss (14 lbs) in a month ever again, unless you go too low on calories for a long length of time. It would not be a healthy way to lose, IMHO, so be grateful for this beginning boost. After you've settled in, 4-5 lbs a month should be totally do-able.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy_Bunny
Stats: 220/184.8/160 5'7"
Start Date: July 9, 2013
I agree with the ladies. Weight loss is anything but linear. Once you know you're doing what you should be doing your body will catch up and drop some more pounds.
Fluffy_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Cool! Thanks everyone for the tip to chill and let it happen. Just seems like I "should" drop my UD calories, but I will definitely give it more time before doing that. I have never felt more control over my eating habits than I do now and the lack of hunger/cravings is incredible...totally worth sticking to this plan even if losses are slow from time to time.

Awesome support...thanks y'all!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
Thanks for the input! I certainly don't expect huge losses each month, but at least 4-6 month would be great. No issues in the bathroom so far. I actually may be lacking some on protein calories...hmmm...may.have to get more protein vs.veggies in on dd.
If you're counting your macros, just try very hard to average out at about 50-60 g protein a day (or more). Presumably autophagy during IF reduces the need for protein amounts higher than that. But I've read conflicting research on that, so I'm erring on the side of conservative / high myself because I've lost a lot of muscle (and just a ton of water too) before on diets that provided less or only that much in my younger, more desperate, crazier days and have to remind myself "the heart is a muscle, the heart is a muscle." Added bonus is that protein is so satiating!

Oh, and !
Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Just a quick update...I lost 3.5lbs this past week for a total of 5.5lbs in August. As a newbie my faith in JUDDD is restored! Yay! Thank you for the encouragement JBs.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I agree with the good posts above. You can't call it a stall yet. Seems like my losses come in big whooshes over a week or so, and then I spend the next 3 weeks or so bouncing between the same 2 - 3 pounds until the next nice whoosh. You may be having something similar. I also have the TMI stalls, so that's a good point. I'm glad you don't seem to be having that though.
I'm like Carol. When in WLM I lost really well for about 10 days out of the month, connected to TOM cycle and then just bounced a little the other part of the month till the next whoosh.

KUTGW!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote