Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anyone have success with MWF DD, Sat UD, Sunday a "mid day"? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/810579-anyone-have-success-mwf-dd-sat-ud-sunday-mid-day.html)

lil miss 08-23-2013 05:31 AM

Anyone have success with MWF DD, Sat UD, Sunday a "mid day"?

For my busy family I think this would help me alot but not sure if it will work. Any thoughts?

TIA

KeirasMom 08-23-2013 05:55 AM

Some do fine with a fixed schedule, while others do better with every other day rotations. You could try it and see. One thing that stands out is that your Mid day would be after a DD, and that could be difficult. I'd say you could try either a Mid day on Saturday, UD Sunday, then back to DD Monday, or even two UDs on the weekend.

Honestly, though, once you've done it for a few weeks, you will probably find that it's not difficult at all to do a DD on the weekend.

Leo41 08-23-2013 07:50 AM

I lost 100 lbs on JUDDD doing exactly that rotation--with one exception.

My mid-day was either Sat. or Sunday, depending on my social commitments on the weekend.

I found that a MD could easily follow either an UD or DD with no problems.

Kissa 08-23-2013 08:28 AM

Lots of people do it, it may be a little slower but it should work out fine, JUDDD is just so adaptable. Certainly, Leo is a JUDDD star.

ltighe 08-24-2013 06:42 AM

Mid day?

What is a mid day?

Flossyliz 08-24-2013 06:48 AM

Mid Day (MD) is the average between your UD and DD calorie allowances.

Carly 08-24-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltighe (Post 16572626)
What is a mid day?

MD= 60% on Dr. Johnson's calculator.

Librarygirl 08-24-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16571149)
Some do fine with a fixed schedule, while others do better with every other day rotations. You could try it and see. One thing that stands out is that your Mid day would be after a DD, and that could be difficult. I'd say you could try either a Mid day on Saturday, UD Sunday, then back to DD Monday, or even two UDs on the weekend.

Honestly, though, once you've done it for a few weeks, you will probably find that it's not difficult at all to do a DD on the weekend.

I thought a MD was supposed to follow DDs.:dunno: The thing I thought might be tricky is following a MD with a DD.:dunno: Isn't it DD, MD, UD? I'm shooting for a MD today myself. Yesterday was a DD.

KeirasMom 08-24-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16572743)
I thought a MD was supposed to follow DDs.:dunno: The thing I thought might be tricky is following a MD with a DD.:dunno: Isn't it DD, MD, UD? I'm shooting for a MD today myself. Yesterday was a DD.

Exactly what I meant, but screwed up in the wording. I meant MD would be before a DD! D'oh!

But, that's something we made up here, through trial and error, not something found in the book (at least I don't think so). Some people do fine with MDs before DDs, but I wouldn't try it. I believe in going into your DD as well-fueled as possible, meaning following an UD.

lil miss 08-24-2013 08:51 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the replies! First DD here going well

Librarygirl 08-24-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16572791)
Exactly what I meant, but screwed up in the wording. I meant MD would be before a DD! D'oh!

But, that's something we made up here, through trial and error, not something found in the book (at least I don't think so). Some people do fine with MDs before DDs, but I wouldn't try it. I believe in going into your DD as well-fueled as possible, meaning following an UD.

That's right. I got confused myself and thought you had it wrong again, LOL! Those MDs screw everybody up! :D

ltighe 08-25-2013 02:46 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the info everyone. Yesterday was an UD and I had to attend a family cookout/bday party this afternoon. Was considering a MD but I just started and really didn't want to stall any momentum.

I made it through! I made a salad out of the burger fixins (iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and a few dill pickles). Topped it with lemon juice and corn/black bean salsa. I don't have a calorie count but it was the only thing I had today so I'm sure I will be safe. Will have cottage cheese/salsa for dinner and lots of water.

I am very encouraged by reading your successes and look forward to posting my own soon!