|08-19-2013, 05:11 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
UD Monday menus!
B: coffee w/heavy cream
D: running errands this morning, may opt for a subway chicken chop salad if we're not back early enough for me to cook. If we are, then maybe a cheeseburger patty (85% beef today for the added calories)and a salad
S: I found a recipe for general tso's meatballs that's low-carb, I'm thinking about trying that, maybe in steamed napa cabbage leaves.
I wish I knew who created this so I could give credit, but it was on pinterest linked to a blogger who said she didn't know where she got it.
So whoever it was, thank you!
For the Meatballs
• 1 lb ground turkey or chicken (I'm using beef today)
• 2 Tbl minced ginger
• 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 cup almond flour
• 1 egg
• light flavored oil for frying (olive, grape-seed, etc)
For the Sauce
• 1/2 tsp sesame oil
• 3 Tbl rice wine vinegar
• 3 Tbl soy sauce (tamari based for GF, or coconut aminos for Paleo)
• 1/4 cup water
• 3 Tbl sugar substitute (honey for Paleo)
• 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (or arrowroot powder)
• 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
• 4 – 5 small dried chilies, seeded and chopped
To make the meatballs:
• Combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly. Form into 16 balls and saute/fry in oil over medium heat until cooked through and crispy. Alternatively you could bake them but they won’t get the crunchy exterior.
To make the sauce:
• Combine the sesame oil, vinegar, GF soy sauce, water, sugar substitute, and xanthan gum in a small saucepan and whisk until combined. Add the scallions and chili pep-per and bring to a boil. Simmer for five minutes until thickened and remove from heat.
• Add the cooked meatballs to the thickened sauce and stir to coat. Garnish with more chopped scallions and chilis if desired.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 322 calories, 25g fat, 3.75g net carbs, 23g protein
https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx <--FDA tracking tools
http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ <--FDA nutritional counts
http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions
Need to contact LCF?
Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.
2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
|08-19-2013, 05:17 AM||#2|
Way too much time on my hands!
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, iced tea, coffee (355)
L: ?? Limited, as I have my scooter today. Will be either KFC, Wendy's, or Panda Express
D: ?? Picking up the kiddo at her new school (after school program until 6:00 p.m.), so we'll probably go out to celebrate her first day of school.
|08-19-2013, 06:18 AM||#3|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Sounds good Dottie! Dawn - School doesn't start here until day after labour day (looking forward to it as the class schedule at the gym is more extensive in Sep).
B: coffee w/cream & intl delight (still have greek yogurt fullness)
L: blueberries, apples and the leftover buffalo wings I hid from the boys , maybe a roast chicken sandwich too or the leftover basa, greek salad
D: beef roast going in the crockpot later, need to pick up some red potatoes for mashing, peas & baby carrots
S: 100 cal pack of roasted snap peas, pumpkin seeds and herb & garlic cream cheese on some kind of delivery agent
|08-19-2013, 07:39 AM||#4|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Stats: 146/133/130ish 5'6"
WOE: JUDDD for loss / eating mindfully for maintenance
Start Date: 7/15/13
pre-workout - banana
B - coconut greek yogurt, 28g roasted coconut almonds, 4 egg whites
L - stir fry veggies and some sort of protein
D - shrimp korma w/ veggies over barley
And snacks: probably more greek yogurt, veggies, berries
Aiming for 1700
|08-19-2013, 10:14 AM||#5|
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
Start Date: 6 May 2014
B: toast, butter & tea
S: skinny flat white
L: hummus & pitta bread
D: coq au vin, mash & green beans (I made it - second time cooking this year!)
S: tea & some ginger nuts- maybe...
Finally lost all my vacation weight after 3 DD! Also found 10cal Hartley Jelly (jello) - might seem mad - but can't buy the local stuff to make here!
|08-19-2013, 10:39 AM||#6|
Join Date: Jul 2012
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hello Monday UDers! I'm so happy it's an UD!
L: Salmon patty, Cowpal cheese wedge
D: Vodka gimlet, meatloaf, cole slaw
D: Plums or grapes
Targeting in the 1900 to 2000 range