Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Friday, what's on the menu? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/810176-dd-friday-whats-menu.html)

Dottie 08-16-2013 06:26 AM

DD Friday, what's on the menu?

My DD went awry last night. Friends, wine, cheese, lol.

I have food planned for today, no particular order, just whenever I get hungry:
2 wasa fiber crackers (70));
2 laughing cow wedges(70);
hamburger dill pickles, roma tomato, thin sliced onion (35);
broth (15);
celery(8);
green onions(2);
boneless, skinless chicken breast(6oz - 165);
romaine lettuce (8);
walden farms italian dressing (0);
total cals: 373

ohcmb 08-16-2013 07:08 AM

Just getting back on track with JUDDD. Been away for a month while transitioning into a new job.

Began again on Monday and have been posting on my journal but have yet to make it back to the forums but here I am!

I am hoping to make it through the day with coffee and cream and hopefully have about 200-300 calories left for some soup if I need it tonight.

Pretty simple. If I need something this afternoon to get me through the work day I may have a little babybel cheese round for 80 calories. I love the gouda ones, but I should probably go to the store and get the light type for my DDs.

elphie124 08-16-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Friends, wine, cheese
How can that ever be a bad thing? ;)

Quote:

Just getting back on track with JUDDD. Been away for a month while transitioning into a new job.
Welcome back!

My plan today is pretty loose, which seems to be my norm lately. Not sure what I want or what I'll need so I brought a bunch of random stuff to work today:

- blueberries
- egg whites
- iced coffee w/ almond milk
- sf cocoa & gluc for pudding
- spinach
- salmon pouch
- pickles
- diet sodas & flavored waters
- broth

LOL. I am prepared!

My DD dinner is definitely planned because for some reason it's super satisfying for me. I think I've had it just about every DD so far: 4 eggs whites, 84g brussel sprouts, joseph's pita.

Going to keep my DD to 350 today.

Have a great day everyone!

Dottie 08-16-2013 07:12 AM

I love the joseph's pitas. I cut them into 8 wedges, divide those into 16 and bake them. Nice chip substitute for just 60 calories :)

elphie124 08-16-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

I cut them into 8 wedges, divide those into 16 and bake them. Nice chip substitute for just 60 calories
Ooh - yum! I usually like to end the day with something sweet so I've just been warming mine up and spritzing it with zero cal spray butter and then sprinkling with sweetener and cinnamon. I could do that with chips though. Yum! I am totally trying this tonight. Thanks!

ladybarometer 08-16-2013 07:33 AM

I don't know...
I think I'm going to have a snack pack of popcorn for lunch (130 cals)
and probably soup for dinner :)

SlimNana 08-16-2013 07:51 AM

CW 145 lbs.
DD 400 max. during 8 hr. eating window after 16 hrs. of fasting.

Coffee & creamer
Quest Bar
Whey Protein Shake
Iced green tea

I'm restarting 4:3 & 16/8 for the next 6 wks., with a goal to lose 10 lbs. of BF & no LBM. I find keeping my menu simple works best for me on DDs, to help avoid opening up my appetite with a wide variety of food choices.

:) ~ Ann

jacquelinejolie 08-16-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphie124 (Post 16561539)
Ooh - yum! I usually like to end the day with something sweet so I've just been warming mine up and spritzing it with zero cal spray butter and then sprinkling with sweetener and cinnamon. I could do that with chips though. Yum! I am totally trying this tonight. Thanks!

I think I recall a recipe years ago where she brushed them with egg white and did the cinnamon + sweetener sprinkle (baked them in the oven for maybe 10 minutes?) I tried it out and it was pretty awesome. Hmm, maybe there wasn't sweetener involved but sugar... it was a lot of years ago. :) OTOH, the amount is so minor, it probably doesn't matter for most people.

I'm having leftover roast chicken we picked up from Costco yesterday for dinner
Trying to get more whey into me (supposed to be good for BP) - so a shake I guess
0% greek yogurt w/a few blueberries and dash of splenda
Chicken bacon + egg white omelet
Any or all of lettuce (yogurt dressing), tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli

LoCarbGal 08-16-2013 08:42 AM

One of my boring standards today:

B: Iced tea
L: Coffee/HWC
D: Avocado

Target: 350 or less

lc-chica 08-16-2013 08:44 AM

A rep came to work yesterday with a new product called slimful. Guess what's in it? Glucommanan! And sugar and crap for 90 calories! Got me wanting to try gluc though, I need to get some! How much should I start with? I don't wana be in tummy pain;)

My plan today is
Coffee
More coffee
Oat bran
Salad w light dressing, chicken breast, maybe fruit
.. We have a family dinner so I may go a tiny bit over, gonna do my best
Trying for 500 or less!

Dottie 08-16-2013 11:58 AM

I think I'm going to keep the carbs low and skip the wasa and opt for another chicken breast and romaine salad instead.
I may do laughing cow and celery as a snack.

KeirasMom 08-16-2013 11:59 AM

Love the avi, Dottie!

Dottie 08-16-2013 12:02 PM

b_lou_who 08-16-2013 03:59 PM

half ounce almonds

kale and plum smoothie with 1 tbsp raw cashews

cup of brussels sprouts