Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Another newbie question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/810077-another-newbie-question.html)

jayjay 08-14-2013 06:01 PM

Another newbie question

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered 1,000 times, but I'm stumbling through old posts and can't find the answer to a simple question: Do you start JUDDD on the UD or the DD? I'd like to start, and I'm at 420 cal for the day (not finished eating) but if you start on a DD, I can stop and make that today. Or, I can go eat an entire cheesecake and make this an UD. :D

scalestepper 08-14-2013 06:24 PM

Hi jayjaym I'm a newbie too but since no one has answered, I am guessing you had a good day yesterday to be able to only eat 420 today, so it's a good DD and a good place to start IF you aren't hungry. I stand corrected if a member says otherwise. I think the normal answer is start a DD after an UP only because it makes it easier. Good luck!

Librarygirl 08-14-2013 06:31 PM

:welcome: jayjay! If you have not yet consumed that many calories, why not make today your starting day?:high5: I started on a DD because I reasoned that every day until I started JUDDD was essentially a UD. :D

jayjay 08-14-2013 06:55 PM

those are very good points. i've been on a 1200 cal, but i've recently begun transitioning to a plant-based, raw diet. it's pretty tough to get a calorie max on fruits, veggies and tofu. i'm working it out, but excited about JUDDD. a friend from *** sent me here after she had great success losing 40 lbs in 3 months and has been in maintenance for 5 months now doing great.

lc-chica 08-14-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16559729)
:welcome: jayjay! If you have not yet consumed that many calories, why not make today your starting day?:high5: I started on a DD because I reasoned that every day until I started JUDDD was essentially a UD. :D

me too! lol ;)

KeirasMom 08-15-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayjay (Post 16559773)
those are very good points. i've been on a 1200 cal, but i've recently begun transitioning to a plant-based, raw diet. it's pretty tough to get a calorie max on fruits, veggies and tofu. i'm working it out, but excited about JUDDD. a friend from *** sent me here after she had great success losing 40 lbs in 3 months and has been in maintenance for 5 months now doing great.

Coconut oil is good for you, plant based, and packs a huge caloric wallop! I think the organic, virgin stuff is raw too, though I haven't really looked into it. I just know I like it!

jayjay 08-15-2013 05:55 AM

i actually have coconut oil, but we use it as a hair treatment! btw, KeirasMom, I'm 39 with hypothyroid, too.

KeirasMom 08-15-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayjay (Post 16560067)
i actually have coconut oil, but we use it as a hair treatment! btw, KeirasMom, I'm 39 with hypothyroid, too.

:shake: We can do this! I found with JUDDD, it didn't appear to matter that my thyroid was wonky. I still lost fairly well, and fairly quickly, though I had a LOT to lose! JUDDD's the best. :love:

Fluffy_Bunny 08-16-2013 08:05 AM

I started on an UD myself but if you aren't hungry why not stop eating and make it a dd. That way tomorrow you get to load up on the calories, and that's relatively only a few hours away :)