Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
WILD Fluctuations

I battled an ED for a LONG time, and really the battle never ever ends. Theres no real information online about dealing with an ED AND being over weight. A lot of people assume that if you are Bulimic, your thinner, but some of long term sufferers don't have that luxury, and are over weight from the abuse we put our body through - it hold on to everything! So recovery... that's what I'm in, and it's been a while.

Back to the title - WILD flucuation, huge 10 lb flucuations in a week. Mostly going up. I've gained something like since 10 lbs last month? That's with counting calories, the last four have been this week with working out 3-4 days a week which includes some strength, running, water aerobics, ect.. What a downer...

I lost weight last time on JUDDD, faily quickly, but it was there. I don't know what happened? Why I stopped?

So I'm back.
I hope this stops such wild fluctuations, and I hope it haults my crazy weight gain! Funny thing, I've not changed sizes - pants aren't any tighter?

Any suggections for success would be great!

THANK YOU

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
LB! I'm sure that is so frustrating! But a gain that large in such a short time has to be water/inflammation or something like that. It just can't be fat. Especially when you're eating so carefully. So try to take comfort in that.

It's really really hard to keep motivated and keep at it when you're not getting rewarded with the results you want, but it really is the key to success. Keep your head down, keep doing your rotations, and KNOW that the results will come. Maybe not as quickly as you want, but they will come.

Maybe it would be a good idea to take a break from the scale, and really just work it for all it's worth. I'm sure you're going to see good results. Your body may be doing some internal healing and cleanup and will only release the weight after that work is done.

I admire your overcoming your ED. I've never battled that myself, other than just plain over-over-overeating. You should be so proud of yourself for taking the healthy road and doing what's best for your body.

Hang in there! Post often for support - you'll find lots of it here. It's been one of the keys to my success on JUDDD, for sure.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I really have to repeart the math in my head,"3500 calories for a lb of gain, I've worked out this week, I've counted calories staying right around 1500-1700 on workout days, a little less on non-workout days, this is not fat, this is not fat, just wait!" But it's still discouraging, but my stamina is getting better, and I feel fine. I don't want to go back to the delusion that people don't know what I'm doing when I excuse myself to the rest room after dinner, and ever since someone said it out loud to me finally, I was like, okay, this is really an embarrassing problem I have, and I just can't put up with the shame and the punishment I was putting my self through anymore.

But.. dangit! it was rewarding to be in the high 160s... then again, I STILL didn't wear a different pant size? Which is weird, they may have been slight looser, but I know I couldn't size down. That means I was probably losing muscle, not fat.

I did well on JUDDD last time, until I spiraled.. I went on vacation, came back to JUDDD over eating for a week, and then the ED getting bad. That was a year ago, I wasn't ready.

I feel ready now. I feel determined.

You're right too, it's time to put away the scale. Or... throw it out the window haha! It's not helping. Maybe I'll have someone hide it, and ask for it once a month. That might be better. I'll track my progress with more measuring.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Welcome to you!!! I am so sorry you're frustrated but try to remember that you are doing wonderful things for your body NOW. You can't control what's in the past, and you certainly can't control the stupid scale, either, but you can choose all that wonderful exercise and foods that will help your body get stronger for the long run now. Just take it day by day and like LCG said, maybe put the evil scale away for awhile. It doesn't tell the real story anyways!!!

Hugs to you and you got this!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
With the strength training, you're most likely holding onto water to help repair and build muscle, especially since you say your clothing isn't tighter. I wouldn't worry about that kind of fluctuation at all.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I went up to one of the fitness coaches at the gym and told him that I've gained, and get said, "Unless your eating something like 3000-4000 calories a day, your workout isn't going to bulk you up, it's something going on inside to repair your muscles, especially if you're pushing your self."

I spent the next day or two convinces my irrational brain that it wasn't all lies haha!! Like he had any reason to lie to me :P
Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #7

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
when people say you can't gain that fast, they mean if you have a normal metabolism. having thyroid issues in addition to a lot of other metabolic problems, I can tell you it's EASY to gain weight fast. I gain ten pounds a week easily if I don't watch what I eat carefully and have all my meds calibrated just so.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I think the fitness coach is right! That's gotta be muscle, especially since you haven't changed sizes. Keep the faith! Good changes are happening in your body that the stupid scale doesn't know anything about. Maybe you should consider getting a scale that reads body fat percentage? I know the accuracy might not be perfect, but it might show trends?

So, since you've done JUDDD before, you know you'll have fluctuations here too, so if that is discouraging you might want to limit to weighing after down days only or even once a week after a down day.

I admire you so much for your progress and work on ED recovery.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
when people say you can't gain that fast, they mean if you have a normal metabolism. having thyroid issues in addition to a lot of other metabolic problems, I can tell you it's EASY to gain weight fast. I gain ten pounds a week easily if I don't watch what I eat carefully and have all my meds calibrated just so.
I actually had a blood pannel done recently (because I WAS going to do HCG, then changed my mind) And everything was in range that they tested. I've heard it can be hormonal too, but who knows! I keep a close watch on my thyroid because both my grand mothers and mother have issues with hypo-
Old 08-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Ladybarometer! I hope you enjoy JUDDDing (again) as much as we do! I have heard that JUDDD can be tricky for people with EDs, so you probably know that too if you've tried this woe before. Good to have you back on the team, and I look forward to hearing more from you!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I know I'll love it. Even with my first down day, and hitting 600 calories, because I ate a few crackers to cure my head ache, I still felt good, and lost 1.5lbs this morning. (sorry, I couldn't help but weight once more before I put the scale away haha!) That was great motivation. I do remember now that I have a tough time really enjoying my up days after a down day loss, it feels like I'm cheating or doing something bad, but I also remember that feeling will go away.

I tried to start on a day that would allow my up days to fall on my mud run day, and "date" day this week haha! This gives me an easier start. I think last time I started right before vacation time, and that was a BAD idea LoL! I was good for a few weeks, LC'ed on Vacation, but couldn't get back to JUDDDing after over indulging on the beach.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome! I was Anorexic from 16-21 and them bulimic for a while as well. It's been a decade since I've engaged in any of that behavior, but some of the confused body images still haunt me. JUDDD has been a total life changer for me and I hope you find the same health and healing that I have.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Welcome Lady Barometer

So happy you found this wonderful spot.
The nicest and most helpful people are right here.

Believe me, no matter what your problems, if it is dealing with
food. Someone here as been 'there' and done 'that'...
You are not alone here.

Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote