Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I did see that one, and was really interested. I'd love to do HIIT, but I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to go all out by myself. I would need a trainer I imagine. Maybe I'll try it again sometime though...
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I did see that one, and was really interested. I'd love to do HIIT, but I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to go all out by myself. I would need a trainer I imagine. Maybe I'll try it again sometime though...
I have a dog Carol (the beast in my avatar) and he forces (yes forces!) me to go out. Every. Single. Day. If we see a squirrel... or cat... or even if it's -30C and I just want to be home and not out in miserable weather, we run like he** for a few minutes. I would lend you Sparky as your trainer if I could.

But you do hula-hoop right? That looks like loads of fun! I saw a lady doing it on youtube and wanted to buy one but I think the dog would eat it. I always think that, like diet, the best kind of exercise is the one you enjoy and feel some accomplishment with beyond calories burned etc. - not one that feels like punishment or penance for eating or anything like that. I like to feel quite strong and see bulges in weird places so lifting weights makes me happy that way.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie124 View Post
I'm still hearing that excessive cardio is bad, but cardio itself is not. I'll have to look into it some more. YMMV, but I know for sure that it keeps me sane.
This for sure. I love my power walks and enjoy my elliptical/ stationary bike time. Since I have gotten back to it daily my stamina is so much better and I feel like I'm in much better shape. I can climb 4 flights of stairs and not be the least bit winded. I have more energy when doing some type of cardio on a regular basis and I just feel better. I would kill to be able to run again. I have such a strong desire to try again, but I've been advised against it by my spine surgeon. Everyone is different though, so I don't think there is any hard and fast rule that fits all people. I know some people need to eat back some of their exercise calories while most of us don't so it really is a YMMV kind of thing. I think cardiovascular health is important and just lifting won't bring that to everyone.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I do about 20 minutes of walking every day, outside of my daily walking around at work. I want to start adding in weights soon. I don't think adding tons of more cardio will help in the long run.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I do about 20 minutes of walking every day, outside of my daily walking around at work. I want to start adding in weights soon. I don't think adding tons of more cardio will help in the long run.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote