Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Stepping Away... It's a sad day

Hello to all my wonderful JUDDD BUDDD's. I love this place and I haven't been posting the last few weeks, but I've been here browsing around.

I'm sad to say I am taking a step away from JUDDD. When I started 4 1/2 months ago I was excited and energized. I had a great start and achieved quick and wonderful results even though I was transitioning off of 4 months of LC. As some of you know, I had a bad June with no weight loss and then a slight weight gain. I reflected on what I was doing and not doing, made some good changes and recommitted myself for July. I started July on a high and I started to see a bit of weightloss finally. Unfortunately, the month didn't end the way I had hoped it would. While I saw a few lb loss, they ended up coming right back on and I ended July again with no loss. 2 solid months of rotations with zero loss has just left me at a loss.

I love JUDDD for the longevity of being able to do it, and for the NSV's it gives us. I will tell you, I have had immense relief from joint pain and inflammation I have experienced and I feel that pain come right back when I cease the rotations. I sleep better, have more energy, and find that my DD's are super easy on me mentally, physically, and emotionally.

So, why am I leaving. Well, I made some changes for July after some serious reflections in June. But, I still had no weight loss. I was really looking for an excuse and reason as to why. But if I'm going to be honest, I think the issue is with me. I am still struggling with my UD's. While I started off the month ok, I have to be honest and realize I slipped after a few weeks right back into not counting my UDs and allowing myself to seriously binge on those days. I have a real issue with binge eating. I actually credit JUDDD for helping me realize this, because despite the weight gain and dieting issues that have plagued me for years, I never really was able to see what I was doing. I guess on the surface I've always known that I have had an unhealthy relationship with food. I had a breakthrough a few years ago learning about my emotional eating. But, I never really realized that it extends far beyond that. I am a binge eater and if allowed to eat in anyway I can not control myself. My UD's turned so quickly into UUAD's. I upped my DD's (from trying to totally fast at the end of June) and at first it helped me control my UD's. But too many times it didn't and I completely lost all control. I think I've always had issues with binge eating. But, because of the wonderful freedoms of JUDDD, I let myself once again loose control. Part of my binging is the secret eating that I do. You'll notice I ALWAYS post in the DD eating threads and almost never in the UD threads. My binging is always done alone, in secret, and with total shame. A classic symptom.

I have struggled the past week or so in trying to figure out what to do. I went through a very low point a few days ago. Very low. I felt like I was actually depressed for the first time in my life and even thought about seeking treatment. But, I'm ok. Its just frustration. I can't understand why I can excel at everything else in my life- A+ student, top employee at my company, lots of friends, many successes through my lifetime. I am by definition an over achiever. But this is one thing I just can not master. It's hard for me to deal with not being successful at weight loss. I think it's less about the weight I'm not losing and more about the failure that really gets to me.

Anyways, I realize I need to put myself in the best position I can to succeed. I'm looking at a career change first of all. My busy schedule which includes over 50% travel and no real structure is not good for me. I need stability and structure in my life and I think an eating and exercise plan will be easier to structure then. Secondly, I have to put JUDDD away for a while. My ultimate goal is to be mentally healthy enough to come back to JUDDD at some point for my long-term weightloss goals. I want so desperately to be mentally strong enough for the freedom of choices JUDDD allows. Until then, I need something with more structure to help me deal with weight loss. I realize JUDDD does have structure and requires discipline even on UD's. But it's just not enough for me. I can't explain it. But for some reason having so many calories on UD's (2600 for me to be exact) was too much of an invitation to binge. I need to be miserable every day of the week I think at least for a while, to get into the groove of things and get my emotions involved with eating under control. Also, I am back to eating way too much sugar and carbs (after eradicating them completely for 5 months) and I need something to help me break that cycle again. I am not strong enough for a plan that allows any type of food because I will always pick the wrong ones for my health.

For the time being I'm going back to WW. It's a pain in the you know what to constantly weigh and measure and calculate and log points. But I need the structure. Also, on the new Plus system emphasizes a less carb friendly diet, and the last time I did it, I naturally gravitated to better food choices. I have successfully lost weight on WW's, it just is one of those that is such a chore. But I think it will help me get to a better place to maybe, hopefully, be able to come back to JUDDD when I can handle the freedom's a bit more. I HATE their message boards. They are not too friendly. So I hope I can still stick around here from time to time! Thank you to all of the wonderful people on here who gave me such awesome support. I've never belonged to such a wonderful group before and I want to keep up with you all and celebrate all of your victories! I will be back, that's a promise!
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Precious, precious Andy. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

We all have to find out what works best for us as individuals. I think that it is amazing the insights that you have gained into yourself while JUDDDing. It will undoubtedly serve you well going forward.

We will be absolutely delighted to have you check in and visit...any time! Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!

There are quite a few folks that use various other methods to lose the weight and come to JUDDD for the last few pounds and maintenance. Those are always options, too.

HUGs to you, and you are wished great success!!!!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm sorry it's not working for you "right now," but I think you have learned some valuable things about yourself which will serve you well with whatever plan you do. We'd love to have you stop by (or stick around daily!) and update us with how you're doing. I'm not currently doing JUDDD either, but I'm here every day, because it feels like home, if that makes sense. Take care of you, and we'll be here when you need us, or want to return, or just want to chat!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oreo2
WOE: lc
Have you looked at the DD Hack thread? A lot of people (myself included) are having good luck with the potato hack. Until I started the hack, I was just happy to not gain.
oreo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elphie124
Stats: 146/133/130ish 5'6"
WOE: JUDDD for loss / eating mindfully for maintenance
Start Date: 7/15/13
Good for you for being brave enough to do what you know you need to do. I know from first hand experience how hopeless and ashamed binging can make you feel. Anything that can help you get a handle on it is totally worth it. I wish you the very best of luck and hope maybe we'll see you back here again some day!
elphie124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so sorry you haven't had more luck, but I admire that you've been honest with yourself and have identified exactly why it hasn't worked for you. Being able to face up to the bingeing and see that UDs are a problem is a step in the right direction.

I hope you're able to find work where you'll have more control over your environment and time. I agree, that may be a big key in all of this.

Please, please, please do stick around! I want to know how you're doing, plus I think it will just keep JUDDD in your mind for when you're really ready, and that may just be sooner than you anticipate.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
My heart is with you.

It sounds as if your UP day foods selection is tripping you up and causing
cravings. GWG and let us all know how you are doing on WW.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Andy I also have binging issues and when I was on JUDDD not too long ago, my UD were UUAD too many times. I was binging up to 4000 cal on many days. I started SLD (Shangri-La Diet) on 8/1 and it has really changed my relationship with food. It is not really a diet. All you do is take unflavored oil 2-3 times a day away from food. That's all! You can google it to get detailed info. Feel free to check my journal (in my siggi). I started on 8/1 and did not have a desire to binge since, plus I am losing weight. I thought I would share this with you or anyone else with binging problem. Good luck!

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
We will always be here for you.. weather you are JUDDDing or not.. please come here and pour out your heart any time you just need to talk, we are all here to support every one no matter if they are on a woe or not.. peace and love to you as you journey~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Have you considered using a restricted eating window on your UD ? Something like not
eating till 2pm and stoping eating at 7pm ? Or I read about a variation on JUDDD where
you ate 125% of your normal callories on your UD and 50% on the DD. Seems people still
lost weight doing this just not nearly as fast.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Thank you for your honesty Andy. I know that everyone has to make this plan work for them and right now this isn't working for you. Please do not stop posting here and keep us posted on your journey.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy_Bunny
Stats: 220/184.8/160 5'7"
Start Date: July 9, 2013
Good luck Andy! It's always so hard to face demons but the first step is always admitting it and accepting that there has to be a change. I wish you all the best as you continue your journey and look forward to the day our paths cross again.
Fluffy_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Andy, you have my best wishes as you find the WOE that is right for you, and will get you to peace in your mind and your body! I have really enjoyed reading your posts, and will miss you, but you have to do what is right and good for you. Stick around and let us know how you are doing!
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Good luck to you Andy. You've gotten some good responses here and I'm especially interested in the oil thing (Luv2Eat?). I've gone into advanced reply and can't see who posted what!

If you're comfortable here, you can post your plans every day and stay here.

ETA: Tobelowcarber! posted the tip about oil. I think it's worth looking into.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 08-12-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I wish you nothing but success. I hope WW can help you reach your weight loss goals. Definitely come by and post.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Hi Andy - I'm new and haven't posted much, but am sorry to see you go.

I think we've all been there where we try a WOE and it may work at one time and then doesn't at another. Especially when all your self-control / discipline gets used up by other things - esp. when work is hard. Hope you find your answers and come back!
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
You have to do what you know will work for you. There just is no one size fits all diet.

I need so much structure. There is no way I could simply eat UDs without planning them. If I let myself be at ease with eating carbs. There is just no way I have control. It def becomes an UUAD.

The way I combat that is with eating windows and also with limiting my carbs. I also do not keep forbidden foods in the house. If they're in the house, I will use whatever excuse to eat them and rationalize it away.

I hope you get things back into perspective and balance. I love you personality and your additions to our buddd home!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Thanks all so much!!! And thanks for all the great suggestions. I definitely plan and hope to come back to JUDDD sooner rather than later. I just need to get my food issues under control first. WW is definetly not something that I can sustain long term and I was so hopeful that JUDDD was finally that plan that was going to become a way of life for me. I still think it can be once I am in a stronger place! Getting back to points today and tracking was definetly annoying and it sucks I dont have an UD to look forward to tomorrow despite that fact that I'm still going to bed a little hungry and irritable. But it's a good thing and I'm gonna give it the time I need.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
I am so sorry to hear this! I was so hoping that eliminating gluten from your diet would be the magic bullet for you. I know you have got to be so frustrated! I wish you the best of luck. I know you will get to the bottom of your bingeing issues and be successful in what you seem to want more than anything!
Good luck to you in all of your endeavors!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
It's just the beginning of your journey girl! You are figuring out what works, what doesn't work, what is good for later, etc. That's a great thing!!! I am sorry the process is so frustrating right now, though. If you think WW is the thing that's going to get you going in the direction you want right now, awesome! Do stick around, though! Why would you need to leave? We want to hear how you're doing and what's working for you! Be good to you!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Sorry it didn't work out for u. If I may I would recommend reading "emotional eating" and "intuitive eating" might interest u as well. I really liked the first and it helped me a lot with binge eating even though I thought "I don't eat emotionally" - its more than we realize. And it describes how most of us who have this issue have control in every other aspect of our lives as u described. Hth good luck
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
AndyBFK, my heart goes out to you and I know how you feel because I had to leave "normal" JUDDD for exactly the same reason. I went back to Dukan and then started using it along with JUDDD eod. It definitely works for me reigning in my UD binging and keeps me within my UD calories. However, my loss is still VERY slow, so at the moment I am juicing to finally take off the weight from last Christmas that I have been working on ever since! Then back to Dukan style JUDDD.

Good luck on WW, it sounds like you have a good plan and will get everything under control. I will be very interested to hear how you get on.

Tobelowcarber, unless I'm missing something the link in your post is a link to all your postings on the forum not your blog. Would be very interested to read about your experience with the Shangri La diet, especially how it is helping with binging issues.
WJS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Good luck to you Andy! WW works very very well for many people. I hope you find the right plan that fits your lifestyle and stick around to tell us about it!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
Tobelowcarber, unless I'm missing something the link in your post is a link to all your postings on the forum not your blog. Would be very interested to read about your experience with the Shangri La diet, especially how it is helping with binging issues.
Yes, the link was to my journal here on this forum. I just write there about my experience. I have only been on SLD this since 8/1/13 so I am still learning.

Great thread here:
Stephan Guyenet Recommendations - Reduce Food Reward in Paleo Setting

There is also thread about SLD on marks daily apple forum plus if you google shangri la diet forum there is a good message board, not very active but lots of good info.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

I found this extremely interesting, Marika. Thank you for the link. I don't want to give up my coffee, but isn't it curious what I've quoted here from Keytones:

"Dr. Perricone: Coffee has orgnic acids that raise your blood sugar, raise insulin. Insulin puts a lock on body fat. When you switch over to green tea, you get your caffeine, you're all set, but you will drop your insulin levels and body fat will fall very rapidly. So 10 pounds in six weeks, I will guarantee it."
Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Marica thank you will have a read.

Librarygirl, I too love my black coffee but have had to give it up while I'm juicing. This is my ninth day so it has become easier but was awful to say the least the first few days. I have been looking forward to drinking it again but really shocked to read the quote. Do we know this to be true.
WJS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

I just read it, so I don't have any idea if it's true or not. I hope it isn't.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Andy, so sorry to hear you've been in a low spot. I hope you feel better soon, and don't be a stranger
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I had to research STAT because I drink 1/2-1 pot of coffee a day! I've still lost weight

Fox News reports that
Quote:
black coffee, espresso, coffee with a small amount of milk, or a green coffee bean supplement all appear to support weight reduction and lower rates of diabetes.
This study's results on green tea show:
Quote:
Green tea preparations appear to induce a small, statistically non-significant weight loss in overweight or obese adults. Because the amount of weight loss is small, it is not likely to be clinically important. Green tea had no significant effect on the maintenance of weight loss.
Phew! I don't have to even consider giving up my habit

But more importantly, Andy we love having you here, so please feel free to stay as you find the best plan for you at this time.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Thanks all so much!!! And thanks for all the great suggestions. I definitely plan and hope to come back to JUDDD sooner rather than later. I just need to get my food issues under control first. WW is definetly not something that I can sustain long term and I was so hopeful that JUDDD was finally that plan that was going to become a way of life for me. I still think it can be once I am in a stronger place! Getting back to points today and tracking was definetly annoying and it sucks I dont have an UD to look forward to tomorrow despite that fact that I'm still going to bed a little hungry and irritable. But it's a good thing and I'm gonna give it the time I need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc-chica View Post
Sorry it didn't work out for u. If I may I would recommend reading "emotional eating" and "intuitive eating" might interest u as well. I really liked the first and it helped me a lot with binge eating even though I thought "I don't eat emotionally" - its more than we realize. And it describes how most of us who have this issue have control in every other aspect of our lives as u described. Hth good luck
Lurker here. I had this exact problem with JUDDD and was recommended a book called "Brain over Binge." It is a very easy read and importantly, gives a PHYSICAL explanation of why we binge and how to stop it. It has really changed my life and my perspective on bingeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I found this extremely interesting, Marika. Thank you for the link. I don't want to give up my coffee, but isn't it curious what I've quoted here from Keytones:

"Dr. Perricone: Coffee has orgnic acids that raise your blood sugar, raise insulin. Insulin puts a lock on body fat. When you switch over to green tea, you get your caffeine, you're all set, but you will drop your insulin levels and body fat will fall very rapidly. So 10 pounds in six weeks, I will guarantee it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
Marica thank you will have a read.

Librarygirl, I too love my black coffee but have had to give it up while I'm juicing. This is my ninth day so it has become easier but was awful to say the least the first few days. I have been looking forward to drinking it again but really shocked to read the quote. Do we know this to be true.
On coffee, sorta true. Coffee and caffeine in general can raise cortisol, particularly if you drink it when you are sleepy or not alert or if you are under a lot of stress. High cortisol increases blood sugar and the increase in blood sugar increases insulin production. I don't believe there is a difference between green tea and coffee or other caffeinated drinks. I personally have switched a number of times from coffee to green tea (for several months and a couple of times, years) and didn't lose a ding-dong ounce. Google caffeine+cortisol for studies, Livestrong article, etc.
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote