Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
I would really look at your work Andy. I've found in the last number of years, that it's not X diet or Y diet that makes a difference, I can gain 5+ pounds a month seemingly eating no differently - if I have a stressful job. It has a crazy cascade effect that just overpowers everything. It sounds to me like your job is quite stressful so I would urge you to have a look at that and ask yourself if your health is worth it. (Believe me, it's not.)
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #32
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Thank you Calichris and Shelbyla that is good news about coffee! I have lost weight (many times ) while drinking coffee just worried it would be easier to lose fat without. I am still drinking hot water with lemon or lime and a lump of ginger in the morning. Really looking forward to drinking coffee again.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Andy, sorry it hasn't worked out for you and glad you want to keep in touch.
JUDDD is about self-discovery, as much as weight loss and it sounds to have served you well. Good luck with your life changes and do keep us informed of your progress.
I second the recommendation about Brain Over Binge. Might help remove the binge-guilt and give you some useful strategies.

Re coffee - plenty of JBs seem to be having success using bullet-proof coffee

Last edited by Flossyliz; 08-14-2013 at 05:31 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
I am so sorry to hear this! I was so hoping that eliminating gluten from your diet would be the magic bullet for you. I know you have got to be so frustrated! I wish you the best of luck. I know you will get to the bottom of your bingeing issues and be successful in what you seem to want more than anything!
Good luck to you in all of your endeavors!
Thanks!!! Actually that was a big part of figuring all this out. I did finally go see my doc, and like most of you said, her feelings were simply that if I felt better to eliminate it, just eliminate it. Up until then I was eating as normal because I thought she would test me. She stated that there is a test we could do, but she really felt like we didn't need to do it unless I really wanted her too. she suggested I try elimination first and see how I felt. What was interesting though is that we talked a lot about my diet in general. She didn't poopoo JUDDD (which I thought she would) but she did notice that I was making AWFUL eating choices on my UD's and said my bloat, cramps, pain, etc. could be attributed to the fatty, fried, carb laden, un-nutritious food I was eating. It kind of sent a bell off for me. Here I was looking for some medical reason I was feeling so ill (and there still may be something there) but I just didn't realize it could also be just the general bad choices I was making. Anyways, I am definitely watching gluten now (wouldn't say I am yet totally gluten free I feel like it's going to be a bit of a learning curve there) and will continue to monitor that. Admittedly, I do already feel a bit better, but I have had 3 days now of totally clean low-cal eating as well. Interesting though, I've had two recent episodes and both of those involved dairy and soy NOT gluten. Ugh, I was dairy/soy intolerant as a child and it went away. Hoping that it is not coming back now.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Thank you all for the great book suggestions!!! I am definitely going to download them all now. The more and more I reflect back on recent and long-term eating habits I see so much of it is binge related. I can't believe I was actively and so obviously doing something, and I didn't even connect it in my head that that is what I was doing.

I am also looking into a career change like I mentioned! I know that it won't happen fast, but I've brushed off the resume and started exploring my options. My job isn't that stressful (I used to be an attorney, THAT, was stressful! )but my travel schedule is too hectic. (9:00 pm just checked into my hotel). But I'm not quite feeling fulfilled in my job. I'm not passionate about it, I have lost my energy for it, and I'm not motivated by what I am doing. And I am very likely eating those emotions away. I'm not sure I'll find my dream job, but, a change of pace is definitely due!
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Andy, I think some people are doing WW AND Juddd. That might be an option too. Just figure out how many points you would need each day for it to be a UD or a DD. Maybe within the parameters of WW, you wouldn't feel like every UD was a free-for-all, and could count points sensibly. I don't mean that you did, or that some of us don't do that from time to time (including myself), but just going by what you indicated.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #37
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I, too had to step away from JUDDD because of binging issues that I have yet to get a handle on.

We all need to do what works for us and the thing we find peace with. The best to you in finding this and thanks for the honesty!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote