Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Vacation Weight Gain Horror (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809857-vacation-weight-gain-horror.html)

Lanarkwitch 08-11-2013 11:41 PM

Vacation Weight Gain Horror

I braved the scales and despite my best intentions I managed to gain a whole 15lbs in 15 days, is that a record? I did manage a couple of 24hr fasts too, so can only wonder what it would have been if I hadn't!

Thankfully I am back home now and after 1 DD I am down 5lbs, I can only hope the other 10 decide to join them very quickly, fingers crossed for a very good week and the return to onderland :sad:

Carly 08-12-2013 03:16 AM

I'll bet in 2 or 3 rotations that the vacay weight is gone!

Lanarkwitch 08-12-2013 03:20 AM

Thanks Carly if I can put it on in 2 weeks and get it off in 3 I will be very happy

Flossyliz 08-12-2013 04:11 AM

Don't panic. JUDDDing will sort it out soon. :cool:

Don't forget, to gain one lb of fat, you need to eat an excess 3,500 cals.
I'm sure you didn't consume 82,500 calories over the last couple of weeks!!! :lol:

Lanarkwitch 08-12-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16555718)
Don't panic. JUDDDing will sort it out soon. :cool:

Don't forget, to gain one lb of fat, you need to eat an excess 3,500 cals.
I'm sure you didn't consume 82,500 calories over the last couple of weeks!!! :lol:

Probably did LOL :yummy:

jacquelinejolie 08-12-2013 07:04 AM

It will be exciting to see the scale go down for you!

When I was a poor articling student, I went on course for a week with FREE! food and put on 13 pounds in a week. Which was about 10% of my total body weight at the time. Guess that food wasn't so free. :o

Can't remember how long it took to come off, but I think I could fit back into my work clothes in about a week. Good thing, because I couldn't have afforded to buy anything new and only had one size in my closet back then (a non-occurrence for the last 15 years). :)

Flutter 08-12-2013 07:17 AM

Oh my, I hope you had tons of fun!!! I am sure it will come off within a few rotations, though! No biggie, you'll be just fine!!! :hugs:

LoCarbGal 08-12-2013 10:35 AM

It's a shock when you see that number the first day back, isn't it? I gained 9 pounds in about 10 days earlier this year, and it came off within the next week, easily. Whew, what a relief!

Lanarkwitch 08-12-2013 01:16 PM

Yes it was a shock but I am glad I faced up to it first day back instead of continuing with holiday mode for another few days :(

KeirasMom 08-12-2013 01:46 PM

I gained about 8 pounds in a week recently, and most of it came off all on it's own in about a week. I'm not doing rotations, so I can't attribute it to JUDDD, but did want to point out that much of what we "gain" on vacation is from change in diet and activity, rather than increased calories. I happen to know I ate way more than I normally do, so those few pounds that haven't come off on their own are "real" pounds, but the rest was just fluff.

Lanarkwitch 08-13-2013 01:35 AM

Good point Dawn, I am concerned there might be a lot of fluff in there though, I know I gained at least 8lbs just in the first few days of the holiday, I was hoping it would stay there and it had seemed to until the last day when I weighed on mums scales and got a nasty shock. Yesterday was an UD though and I had lost this morning again so the trend is down so far, DD today and looking forward to weigh in tomorrow...sort of

Librarygirl 08-13-2013 05:33 PM

Lanark, I hope the trend is continuing downward, as I'm sure it will. I had 3 UDs last week and am going back down now. It's nice to lose after a UD, but I know it's just water weight because I'm still higher than I was after a UD before the free days. Oh well, it was worth it, wasn't it? :D Sometimes I wonder (but I still do it!).

Lanarkwitch 08-14-2013 01:37 AM

Hi Cindy yes, I've done 1 DD and 2 MD's so far (to get back to normal rotation days for me) and so far I have come down everyday which is very encouraging, appetite is all over the place though, but that was to be expected after 2 weeks of partying!

So far 8.4lbs/15 have gone, my ankles still look a little swollen though so there may still be some water bloat there, but overall I am feeling better and my top belly is now smaller than my bottom belly which it wasn't when I came back from holiday!

I am wondering though about Dawns theory about fluff weight, maybe I won't know the true gain as such until I have a proper UD , I weighed in at 202.6 this morning thats what I'd be after a bad weekend, onderland next week maybe?

MintQ8 08-14-2013 03:31 AM

I've just had 5 UD in a row - gained quite a bit (I was on holiday!) today is my first DD, expect it all to be gone after 3 DDs!

Yours is going nice and quickly! Isn't that great!

Librarygirl 08-14-2013 04:36 AM

After 2 DDs, I've come down nearly 5 lbs, but I don't really count the lbs between the highest and the lowest as being what I gained, as I was about 2 lbs over my lowest DD weight every UD anyway. I need to lose two more to get back to my lowest DD weight. I think it will take 2 more DDs. Good luck to us, and that might keep me from throwing in the towel next time! At least you had a vacation out of it. :D