Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Succesful maintenance and support study

A Yale researcher, Diane Berry, studied 18 women who lost weight and were able to maintain the lost for a year. She identified a pattern (or phases, it sounds like) that the successful ones followed.

Quote:
In pattern one, before losing weight, the women were self-conscious, vulnerable, and unaware of events that contributed to their weight gain. Pattern two revealed recognition of a problem, a readiness to take action, and a decision to make a change. "In the third pattern," Berry said, "women took control and actively engaged in behavior change."

In patterns four to six, the women incorporated new behaviors, used some type of support system to reinforce the behavior change, and, finally, experienced increased confidence, self-esteem, and control of their lives.

"Participants moved fluidly through one pattern to the next and many times fell back to a previous pattern before moving on," Berry said. "Once participants moved to the sixth pattern, they were able to maintain weight loss."

In addition to membership in a weight loss support program, all of the women who maintained their weight loss had incorporated exercise into their lifestyles.
I feel so lucky to have found the best weight loss support on this board! Also, I'm a fan of exercise, but I bet there's some people who can't or would rather not exercise that still maintain their losses on JUDDD. We have so many successful maintainers here ... and maybe that they are still here is one reason why they are successful maintainers!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Love it Christina, I want to change behaviors that make me successful. This time I am not going to beat myself up for messing up because I know I will from time to time, but its ok because Im not perfect.
I also want to incorporate exercise into my life,even if its just talking a walk.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I think coming here helped a great deal with my maintenance and made it effortless to jump back into WLM. I know when I decide that I've lost enough I will continue to maintain easily with the support here. I've gotten back to regular exercise which has been helpful too, but is nothing very rigorous due to my spine issues.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Coming here still keeps me accountable. That's why I stick around, even when I'm not exactly JUDDDing; because you JUDDDers are the best support system around and keep me in check.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Very interesting Christina. Maintenance really is the key to it all. We've all lost weight before, even large amounts of it, but most of us have put it back on too. I'm a successful loser but as yet not a maintainer. But with this WOE, and especially this board and the JBs, I KNOW I will this time. That's why I want to stay active here after I've reached goal. You guys have become real friends. And it just feels so great to share our experiences together.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ruh-roh, I better start that exercise RIGHT NOW! (really, ALL 18 of the maintainers in the study were exercising? Huh!)

TFS Christina! Support is definitely important!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote