Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
It's been a few years for my DD (turning 14yrs next month) but first signs around around 8 or 9yrs old was the BO. Then the hair and need for training bras not long after. Along with the emotional roller coaster fun. Her period took a little longer.

She started being treated for Hashi's about the same time so that may have played a part in a slightly delayed period when every female in the family has had theirs by the age of 10yrs.

When she reached the weight that the doc expected her to start(she was around 11yrs) he gave us a year to "watch" for it.

I can't remember what the weight was but somewhere between 105 and 115lbs. It has to do with having enough body fat to support it.

Before we had a chance to actually worry though she started. It was about a week before her 12th birthday.

Ever since our cycles have battled each other. Each trying to be the dominant cycle that the other will sync to.

Oh and she is still continuing to grow but her weight stabilized causing her to stretch out and lose most of the "baby" fat.

Plus I don't think they ever "really" know about growth in girls. I was told by my pediatrician when I was complaining about growing pains that I was done growing. He even took an x-ray to show me. I grew another 2 inches after that.

Glad the doc says she's okay and that you're both okay after the accident.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thank you for your input, dawn...your theory makes sense about the go-going thing. tonight I think we will just do all her bedtime routines (bible reading, prayers, talking) ON my bed from the get go and see how that helps her fall asleep.

glad to hear Keira's growth is not on a fast track.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I know I am butting in here but a while back I saw a scientific article about this. This article traced the average age for having your first period back about 150 years. They
made a suprising finding that the growth spurt right before pubity is trigered when the girl reaches about 83 lbs. 150 years ago we were all skinny and the age of having your first period was about 18 but over the years as we become a heavier people this has
come down a whole lot. And as we as a people have been steadly getting heavier earlier
the age of pubity has also been getting younger and younger. They even noticed that
children raised above 2000 feet put on weight more slowley and entered into pubity about 2 years later than girls raised at sea level.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Idk, but my grandmother would be about 121 if she were living, and she started menustrating at around 12 yo. She married my grandfather at 15. 150 years ago it was common to get married before the age of 18, if not considerly younger. I wouldn't think anyone would get married who hadn't started menustrating. I was between 5'2 and 5'3 and about 85 lbs when I started, so definitely not anywhere near any definition of heavy.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 08-12-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jodeeras
Stats: 174 / 160.0 / 115
Start Date: 12/1/11 Atkins; 5/8/12 JUDDD
I noticed one (1) pubic hair on my daughter - she was 7.

We took her to an endocrinologist. He ran some tests. He said that he could give her hormones (by injection) to delay puberty. I didn't relish the idea of giving my young child injections...

However, he recommended to let nature run it's course. He said it wasn't like she was 2 years old entering puberty (he had cases where he did have to treat babies that young!)

She began menstruating at age 9. Usually we ladies stop growing shortly after beginning menstruation. She is 4'11 1/2" (I'm about the same height).

So - it happens.

I think in this day where our food is "injected" with additives, antibiotics, etc., girls are mature way earlier than we did (I was 11).

*sigh*

Start Date: 12/1/2011 (Atkins)
Start Weight: 174 lbs. (12/1/11 - Atkins)
Start Date: 155.5 (5/8/2012 JUDDD)
Restart Weight: 161.5 lbs. (4/1/2013)
CW: 160.0 lbs.
jodeeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Idk, but my grandmother would be about 121 if she were living, and she started menustrating at around 12 yo. She married my grandfather at 15. 150 years ago it was common to get married before the age of 18, if not considerly younger. I wouldn't think anyone would get married who hadn't started menustrating. I was between 5'2 and 5'3 and about 85 lbs when I started, so definitely not anywhere near any definition of heavy.
My father's mother, who died in the 1980's at 104 years of age, didn't start her TOM till she was 21 and she married at 18. That story always sounded weird to me. I was a late bloomer - went to high school at 13 STILL not needing a bra, but begging my mother for one.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I never really needed a bra.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #68

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Shh, don't tell anyone, but Keira's a 32A. I have an adult friend that wears the same size! Of course, I think the "tween" bras are sized differently than the adult 32A. I measured her and she's 27" at the band and 27 1/2" - 28" at the cup. Probably adult size would be more like a 28AA, but I didn't feel like taking her to the adult section.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sure, plus the girls' section has the cute patterns and designs for girls.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Dazy, Keira's emotions come at any time of the day or night, and seem to not be related to anything in particular, so I'm not sure. I'm glad you had the talk with Ella. I think it's been helping Keira to deal with her own issues, just knowing that it's normal and even though she's a bit young to be dealing with it, it helps knowing she's not alone and it won't go on forever.

ETA: I wonder if Ella's emotions are coming to the front at bedtime because that's when she's sort of "decompressed" from the day, and allowing herself to feel things more acutely. I know, with ME, I can go-go-go all day, then get overwhelmed when I'm no longer in go-mode. Just a thought.

Update: Just got a call from DH who got a call from the doctor. The results came in more quickly than I thought they would.

Bone age: She's only a few months advanced for her actual age.
Thyroid levels: All came back normal.
Female hormones: She's actually a little bit low, so she probably won't have to deal with her period for at least a little bit.

So she's in puberty, but only because of her family history, and it appears to be running the normal course rather than a "fast track" where we have to worry about growth or anything else at this time. Whew!
Wonderful news!!! I am so very happy all is well!!!!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #71

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2, 2003
My sister started at 9. That was in 1977. She had breast too. She looked all of 15.

My cousin just took her daughter to the Dr last week for this. She got hit in the chest in the pool by a raft and bawled her eyes out. And, her mother that WTH? Then later her daughter, who is 10, said mom feel this. It was a knot right behind her nipple. She took her to the Dr. - yep - breast buds. Puberty has begun. That is why she cried when it, was very sensitive.
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote