Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I have been MIA but w/ a *wonderful* reason! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809627-i-have-been-mia-but-w-wonderful-reason.html)

Bows1 08-07-2013 10:32 AM

I have been MIA but w/ a *wonderful* reason!

Hi JUDDD budds! I've been MIA this Summer because I was planning and taking a trip to California. Making preparations for this monumental trip took all of my energy:) and I've decided to maintain until after Labor Day. Please read this; my daughter posted it on Facebook and it's beautiful and perfect! I wanted to share with you all!:hugs:

My txt to her was "Just crossed the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges and am now WALKING AROUND!! tears:) "

I am in tears. Just got this text from my mom in San Francisco. The season of life that we have walked through as a family over the last several years has been one filled with much faith and hope in a God who we know does all things for the good of those who love Him. My mom has been diagnosed for several years now with a degenerative disease very similar to MS, which has been an obstacle in activities such as walking without a walker, climbing stairs, and feeling confident to be out and about. She and my dad went to San Francisco for an appointment to meet with a doctor who designed a vest that would counter balance the parts of her body which she feels unstable, and with hopeful and faith-filled hearts we have been waiting. Beautiful has the process been as we have learned to value things in her that are so much more important - she has become one of the most patient, compassionate and kind people I know. Fruit I know that has been harvested by her walk with God as she continued to lay this at His feet. We weren't sure what would come from her appointment but we knew that we had to trust that our God is good and for her regardless of the outcome. This text brought me tears. My mama has walked on the water with her faith while she trusted Him with her life, and to hear that not only is she walking freely now but walked across bridges and gates and high above the world that could never hold her back - I am humbled by a God who gives and gives and gives. Love extravagant. Thank you, Lord.

Oh no here come the tears again :)

zipp2play 08-07-2013 10:41 AM

You have an amazing Daughter! Her words are moving, AS IS your story. I pray for your continued success!

You are truly blessed!

LoCarbGal 08-07-2013 10:45 AM

Deb, this is absolutely inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and congratulations!:hugs:

lindawell8 08-07-2013 10:46 AM

Hi Deb, I dont know you yet. I just came back forums. But glad I did if just to read your post. The Lord is so loving and good. And he did something so wonderful for your whole family.And you gave him all the glory. How awesome is that. What a great witness you are for him. You know there is only good things ahead.

Have a blessed day, Linda

Dottie 08-07-2013 10:46 AM

That's wonderful :) :aprayer:

grammyw/kitties 08-07-2013 10:54 AM

:clap::clap::clap: God is Great!I am so happy for you that you have such a fabulous daughter.You are truly blessed and in turn have blessed each of us. We need to be reminded that our life is so fragile and we need to depend on each other..Have a GREAT time and good luck on the dr. appt..Thank you for sharing and prayers are with your whole family:hugs::hugs:

elphie124 08-07-2013 10:56 AM

AMAZING! This brings tears to my eyes! Enjoy walking!

Bows1 08-07-2013 11:03 AM

Thank you everyone! It's so simple an idea (it's a vest with strategically placed weights in it) yet *sooo* amazing! I'm learning to walk normally again (HAHA right now, I walk like a toddler), but I am sort of:) dancing in church and my speech and handwriting is improving too! DEFINITELY something Neurological happening too! If anyone would like contact info for this Physical Therapist who developed this wonderful tool, please PM me!

SlimNana 08-07-2013 11:27 AM

Your life has been truly blessed!

:aprayer: for the best. ~ Ann

arkie1 08-07-2013 11:38 AM

So happy for you! God is good....

KeirasMom 08-07-2013 12:19 PM

Beautiful! :hugs:

Librarygirl 08-07-2013 12:20 PM

Very inspirational, Deb! It sounds like you have an amazing family too.:heart:

Ellen770 08-07-2013 01:37 PM

Praise God! That is just wonderful! How I love to hear about answered prayer! :)

GME 08-07-2013 02:58 PM

That's wonderful!

Where in CA are you visiting?

Bows1 08-07-2013 03:00 PM

Oakland is where we saw the PT:) We were there July 21-25th

GME 08-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bows1 (Post 16549992)
Oakland is where we saw the PT:) We were there July 21-25th

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you still there (here, I live in CA :))

Kissa 08-07-2013 05:22 PM

Bows I was just looking in before going to sleep and there was your wonderful daughter's beautiful post.

What an amazing journey, literally. I am so delighted to read about this change in your life.

What a lovely way to end my day. Thank you, and your daughter.

Carly 08-07-2013 05:40 PM

I'm so happy for you. I know G-d answers prayers. I just returned from a long walk and that wasn't something I was able to do until having my spine fused and losing these 78 pounds. I will pray for your continued healing.

zipp2play 08-08-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bows1 (Post 16549624)
Thank you everyone! It's so simple an idea (it's a vest with strategically placed weights in it) yet *sooo* amazing! I'm learning to walk normally again (HAHA right now, I walk like a toddler), but I am sort of:) dancing in church and my speech and handwriting is improving too! DEFINITELY something Neurological happening too! If anyone would like contact info for this Physical Therapist who developed this wonderful tool, please PM me!

Deb, that is NOTHING short of a miracle!!!!

Deen73 08-08-2013 03:01 PM

That is amazing, Deb -- good for you!!!

shirlc 08-09-2013 07:02 AM

Very happy for you!!!

Kimmietoo 08-09-2013 07:11 AM

Deb, thank you so much for sharing this! Such a moving testimony to our wonderful Lord! Both you and your daughter are amazing women. I am crying tears of joy and writing this with an overflowing grateful heart for your blessings!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kimmie

Flutter 08-09-2013 08:36 AM

Hallelujah!!!! My heart is filled with joy & happiness for you, Deb!!! I can't imagine how wonderful this must be for you & your sweet DD, too!!! :heart:

Bows1 08-12-2013 10:14 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: A miracle indeed!! I am continually blown away every single time I take a step at how much God loves and cares for us:heart: Thank you for celebrating with me, ladies! Now it's my mom's turn (She is 68 years old and has MS) She was evaluated last week and ordered her vest! She'll get it in another 3 wks or so! *SO* excited:D

Barbo 08-12-2013 01:11 PM

You are transformed. Thank you for sharing your faith, it is a living witness to the
love our Lord has for each and everyone of this creatures.

pooticus 08-12-2013 09:41 PM

Praise be to God, Deb!! What a blessing for you all!! :hugs: and prayers!