Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Feeling low (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809589-feeling-low.html)

b_lou_who 08-06-2013 03:19 PM

Feeling low

I sprained my ankle at the beginning of the summer, with a minor fracture in my foot.
Unable to do much, and low calories seemed to make me hurt more, so I just kept on with my healthy eating and figured healing was the most important thing. Gained a bunch of weight back, especially when I developed another ovarian cyst. GAH
Finally back to being able to exercise some, and did good down days last week (even with 4 days camping), on the ball this week, and I haven't lost an ounce. At one point my weight went up.
Fishing for encouragement here. I know JUDDD works. I know I can do this relatively pain free. Just not FEELING it, if you know what I mean. I also deeply resent having to lose weight I already gave back more than once. It isn't mine. I don't want it. Is there a good will box that accepts donations? Fat should not be a loyal dog.

Barbo 08-06-2013 03:44 PM

Dear B Lou Who.

Read "The tale of the bouncing ball"

Librarygirl 08-06-2013 04:26 PM

b-lou, I'm sorry you've had such a tough summer.:hugs: A sprained ankle and a ovarian cyst are two major hurdles to have to get through.:console: No wonder you had to take some time off from dieting. Just take care of yourself and keep working the numbers. It will work for you again, just like it did before. I'm sure of it.:love:

Carly 08-06-2013 06:32 PM

:console: It's just one day at a time. You can do it!

calichris 08-06-2013 10:18 PM

B Lou, those are some bad breaks you've had this summer, and I really, really empathize with the frustration at having lost some ground and having to lose that again.

I wish the scale had rewarded you for your good down days and exercise, but sometimes it just doesn't, which is so frustrating :annoyed: and does not necessarily mean fat loss is not happening! At those times I try to take a deep breath and say to myself: I know I have done my part, so I'm just going to "keep calm and carry on" and the scale WILL show it eventually. So hard though, I know. It's much easier to feel it when the scale shows something good!!

GME 08-06-2013 10:28 PM

If you find that Goodwill box that takes fat tell me where it is! I would make a sizable donation.

I can empathize with the foot issue. I was laid up with foot surgery this winter. It was very difficult to convince myself I wasn't hungry when I was doing nothing but sitting with my foot up.

I am re-losing a sizable chunk of weight and it stinks! The good news is it will come back off with commitment and patience.

LoCarbGal 08-06-2013 10:38 PM

I'm so sorry b_lou_who! I'd be willing to bet your body is now cleaning up a lot of leftover inflammation from both your injury and your cyst, and that water weight will release and you'll be on your way. Re-losing weight flat out sucks! But it's the only way back to lower weights. You can do this! Keep posting and let us keep you motivated!:hugs:

LiLi914 08-07-2013 03:02 AM

I can definitely empathize with you on your frustration with the ovarian cyst. As soon as I started JUDDD I got hit with one that ruptured and the water weight it put on my body was insane. Just take it one day at a time and go as slow as you need to. The weight will come off and you will build up your strength. Just stick with the process and you will get to your goal.

Goner 08-07-2013 05:24 AM

Goodwill box for fat donations. Good one. Nice to see you didn't lose your sense of humor.

You've got some great encouragement from JUDDDers! Can you feel the love and support? This is the best group ever!

Let me encourage you to continue. Where will you be next summer if you don't? Life throws stuff at us - sprained ankles, cysts... we always have control over our attitude though. USE IT! Fake it till you make it if you must. Let those pounds that crept back in know who the boss is - you will not accept them, nor invite any others to join in. You are determined. You know how to do it. Stay in touch - we want to rejoice in your progress and losses! JUDDD works... work it girl!! :heart:

elphie124 08-07-2013 05:47 AM

I'm sorry. Life just knocks us down sometimes and it is hard to pick back up. My only advice would be to push through and keep JUDDDing. I have a feeling that as soon as you start seeing results again, your motivation will start coming back. At least that's what happens to me. Getting going is the hardest part, but the rewards will come! Good luck to you! Post often - the support here is great and can really keep you going when you're down! Hugs!

KeirasMom 08-07-2013 06:13 AM

:hugs: I have nothing more than the others have said. You've done it before and you'll do it again. I'm glad to see you posting. How has yoga been? Have you been able to do any with all the other stuff going on?

b_lou_who 08-07-2013 07:55 AM

Thank you so much for the exhortations to keep it up. I know I need to accept myself as I am and keep doing the work.

Dawn: Yes to yoga! I have been able to teach some within my limitations, and practice daily. Modification is my new middle name :)

KeirasMom 08-07-2013 08:01 AM

:high5:

SlimNana 08-07-2013 08:37 AM

:console: Sorry about your recent health issues. I remember earlier in the year us both being part of a discussion on how IF may have been negatively effecting some of us hormonally and causing irregularity in our TOM. That ovarian cyst of yours most likely was the real cause of your issues at the time, so now that it's been removed you are free to get back to IFing again without that concern. Sounds like your taking positive steps in the right direction towards a full recovery. For your peace of mind in the process of restarting, I'd recommend doing less frequent weigh-ins. The bounce on the scale can be nerve racking, that's why I weigh in after just DDs and only once a week officially. HTH :hugs: Ann

sterlinggirl 08-07-2013 09:38 AM

:hugs: To you B_Lou_who...Im Sorry your feeling physically ill and mentally challenged.. ITs goin to be ok~ :heart:

b_lou_who 08-07-2013 11:19 AM

I was diagnosed with PCOS a decade ago, suffered unknowingly before then.
Cysts are a recurringly annoying part of my physiology. I'd have the ovaries removed if it didn't make the whole thing worse. Every time I get a bad one I gain about 12 pounds in two days. Suckas.

SlimNana 08-07-2013 11:35 AM

Oh my, that is a major PITA! Cut yourself some slack and focus on progess, not perfection. Nobody needs the added pressure and stress that comes from striving for perfection.

:) Ann

Starrhae 08-07-2013 11:42 AM

:goodpost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16549141)
Goodwill box for fat donations. Good one. Nice to see you didn't lose your sense of humor.

You've got some great encouragement from JUDDDers! Can you feel the love and support? This is the best group ever!

Let me encourage you to continue. Where will you be next summer if you don't? Life throws stuff at us - sprained ankles, cysts... we always have control over our attitude though. USE IT! Fake it till you make it if you must. Let those pounds that crept back in know who the boss is - you will not accept them, nor invite any others to join in. You are determined. You know how to do it. Stay in touch - we want to rejoice in your progress and losses! JUDDD works... work it girl!! :heart:

:goodpost: