Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Almost Lost My Swimsuit! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809550-almost-lost-my-swimsuit.html)

wiiiifit 08-05-2013 11:31 PM

Almost Lost My Swimsuit!

Hey all. I haven't been around the site for a while. Busy summer with the kids, life etc. But, I have basically stayed on plan for a year and a half now. I have lost 50 pounds and plenty of inches, but I'm not done yet.

This weekend I discovered that the new suit I bought a little small just last October while on vacation was WAY TOO BIG! It was a surprise since I wore it earlier in the summer and haven't lost a huge number of pounds since then. (Maybe 5.) It was a bit embarrassing since it was the only one I brought to the hotel and I was "swimming" in it. As we say around here, the clothes don't lie. The good thing is that swimsuits are on the end of season clearance racks. Guess I have to find a new one for our cruise this fall!!

Now, that the kids are back in school and summer is winding down, I hope to find more time to check in here.

Happy JUDDDing, all!

MintQ8 08-06-2013 12:05 AM

Eeeek!!! But well done - the inches often go when the lbs don't - particularly after such spectacular weight loss!

Well done!

Carly 08-06-2013 03:40 AM

Enjoy shopping for a new bathing suit!!!!!

Librarygirl 08-06-2013 04:01 AM

Wearing a bathing suit at all is miraculous to me! WTG!!!

windygap 08-06-2013 04:34 AM

I just had to do that for my trip 2 weeks ago. I bought it tight so hopefully it will fit ok next year. If not my sister gave me a size 12 she could not wear because she had lost so much. It would go on but oh the lumps and hang overs HEHEHE!!!!!! So if my new suit does not fit next year maybe the 12 will. Have fun at the 1/2 prices racks.

KeirasMom 08-06-2013 06:08 AM

I bought a pretty swimsuit last summer and wore it once. This summer it's huge on me, so I ended up getting a pair of swim shorts with a drawstring waist and a tankini top this time. My tankini top has a halter tie on the top, so even if I lose a little more, I can just tie it tighter. Lesson learned!

WTG!!

Flutter 08-06-2013 06:36 AM

Ah yea, I bought one this past spring. It's a good thing I didn't need it on vacation a few weeks ago! Would have been ugly!

Huge congrats to you & enjoy your shopping! So lovely to go swimsuit shopping & not be crying when you're in the dressing room! :)

elphie124 08-06-2013 06:55 AM

What an awesome NSV! It always feels good when you can see progress by the way your clothes fit. Although yeah....keeping the swimsuit on is quite the priority, isn't it?! lol

Kissa 08-06-2013 09:10 AM

Oh that is great, I love all you ladies 'swimming' in those swimsuits.

It will be great to see you around Wiiii

LoCarbGal 08-06-2013 09:17 AM

WTG! That must have felt so good (albeit embarrassing!!!). I haven't owned a swimsuit in several years. I think I can make it through this summer w/o one, but next summer I hope I will need/want one! And look good in it!

Luv2Eat 08-06-2013 11:37 AM

WiiFit - Love it that your progress is quite visible for you :high5:
LCG, fingers crossed for your bathing suit next year!

crazynanc 08-06-2013 12:20 PM

woohoo! sounds great :)

seems like a lot of JUDD BUDDs spend what money they save on food on new clothes! :)

sterlinggirl 08-06-2013 01:19 PM

:clap: I love to read posts like this one! Its so exciting to know its working great for you!! :heart: