Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Need help for light-headedness! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809537-need-help-light-headedness.html)

leonak 08-05-2013 05:06 PM

Need help for light-headedness!

I do not think it is the diet here as I have been on it a long time.

I do not have the room spinning, but a few times each day for the past 3 weeks or so I feel light-headed! It does not last long. It started right after I went blue-berry picking!

Any suggestions for me would be more then appreciated!

Thanks All!

Librarygirl 08-05-2013 06:16 PM

It sounds like you might need a professional opinion, Leona.:dunno: Since you are pretty certain it's not JUDDD and this is something relatively new that is happening to you, I would not want to give any advice. I recommend talking to your doctor, especially if you are concerned about it.:hugs:

Carly 08-05-2013 06:20 PM

I would recommend that you call your doctor as well. I have low blood pressure so sometimes I need to increase my salt intake, but I'm hesitant to recommend that since you could be dizzy due to high blood pressure or something that would not respond to salt.

Hope you feel better soon and call your MD. :hugs:

LoCarbGal 08-05-2013 10:11 PM

I don't have any advice Leona, just :hugs:. Take care of yourself!

leonak 08-06-2013 05:20 AM

Went to the dr last week and he said I got light-headed from bending over, like when I picked berries! Said blood pressure was good too! Sooooo!!!???!!!

I'm thinking it is maybe my ears!

KeirasMom 08-06-2013 06:12 AM

I have Benign Positional Vertigo, and it's absolutely dependent on how I hold my head or how quickly I move. I DO get the spinnies though, so I'm not sure if that's what's happening with you. The doctor can do a test to see how your eyes react when it's happening and that will confirm it. There are medications you can take to help, though I don't take them because I think it's sort of fun. Yes, I'm weird like that! :D

tobelowcarber 08-06-2013 12:15 PM

Leona- you may want to google Labyrinthitis (inner ear inflammation). I get this during spring and summer when pollen level is high. It causes dizziness and in my case fatigue. Hope you find the cause. Take care :console:

sterlinggirl 08-06-2013 01:14 PM

Dawn you so crack me up ! And For Leona i do hope you find an answer to your question.. :hugs:

Librarygirl 08-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 16547605)
Went to the dr last week and he said I got light-headed from bending over, like when I picked berries! Said blood pressure was good too! Sooooo!!!???!!!

I'm thinking it is maybe my ears!

Well he was a lot of help!:laugh::laugh: Ok, Doc, here's a check. I'll just go ask my JUDDD BUDDDs.:rofl::rofl:

Hope you get it figured out, but I'm glad that your doctor (apparently!) doesn't think it's serious.

tofucheez 08-07-2013 06:48 AM

could it be the summer heat?

(maybe compounded with mild dehydration?)