Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   IM Back! ....again:) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809307-im-back-again.html)

Debrat3 08-01-2013 08:50 PM

IM Back! ....again:)

Hi guys hope you dont mind me joining you again. I am starting over. I started last Friday so tomorrow marks one week. I am down 5 pounds which is great because this time I realize its a slow but steady go. Last time the bounce made me crazy so this time I decided to weigh the first week daily and after that weekly so I dont get discouraged.
Even though I havent Judded for quite awhile I never quit coming here and reading your progress. Its quite impressive. If I had stuck with it I would be close to goal weight from when I started:sad:Thats what i get for wanting quick fixes that NEVER work for me cause there too rigid. Anyway I am back on track and if this takes me two years then so be it!!! :hiya:

calichris 08-01-2013 09:52 PM

:welcome: back Deb! I agree, the quick loss plans are too rigid for me to be able to stick to long term either. JUDDD is so much fun in comparison! Great to see you again. :hugs:

E.W. 08-02-2013 12:07 AM

Well welcome back. I also started back last friday and have lost 8 lbs of the bloat,
I am calling it bloat because I know most of these first lbs are water. And just like you
this first week i weighed every day so when my weight went back 2 lbs following my last UD it played with my mind. In the book DR. Johnson says something like don't weigh every day the weight going up and down will discourage you. Just weigh in the morning
following a DD every 6 to 8 days. Of cource I find following directions hard.

Carly 08-02-2013 03:32 AM

Welcome back!

Flutter 08-02-2013 04:13 AM

Saw you in the other thread but wanted to welcome you back here, too! forget about what you "should" have done. No big deal. You know what to do and you'll do it! Tickled to see you back! :heart:

Kissa 08-02-2013 04:59 AM

Good to have you back on board Debbie. Sounds to me as if you have given this a lot of thought. You will get it done this time I am certain.

Goner 08-02-2013 05:04 AM

Hello - nice to meet you. It's encouraging to newbies when others return to JUDDD, it enforces what we are learning - that JUDDD works. Thanks - I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Librarygirl 08-02-2013 08:07 AM

:welcome: back Debra!! It's good to see you again.:hiya:

sterlinggirl 08-02-2013 08:14 AM

:welcome: Back Debra! Sure is nice to see so many familiar faces.. I have started back my self and love being here.. I can believe how many new faces there are.. JUDDD is getting to so so big..I love it. :heart: You are going to do just fine.. and we are all here for you when you need that extra lil hug to keep you going! :heart:

elphie124 08-02-2013 08:26 AM

Welcome back! I've found that the support here is key to keep going, so it's great to see you join us!

KeirasMom 08-02-2013 10:34 AM

:welcome: back!

LoCarbGal 08-03-2013 03:30 PM

I'm so glad to see you back Debbie! I was sad when you "disappeared" from the board. I knew you had been really frustrated, so I understood why, but I so wanted this to work for you. And it will!

Ask anyone around here, I've had my weeks upon weeks of frustrating non-losing times too. I get impatient and moan and whine. And then all of a sudden I start losing again. I've finally learned what my pattern is, and I'm at peace with it (most of the time!).

Just remember, keep on working JUDDD and you will be rewarded with nice losses, even if they don't come when or as fast as you want them to.

Debrat3 08-03-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16544131)
I'm so glad to see you back Debbie! I was sad when you "disappeared" from the board. I knew you had been really frustrated, so I understood why, but I so wanted this to work for you. And it will!

Ask anyone around here, I've had my weeks upon weeks of frustrating non-losing times too. I get impatient and moan and whine. And then all of a sudden I start losing again. I've finally learned what my pattern is, and I'm at peace with it (most of the time!).

Just remember, keep on working JUDDD and you will be rewarded with nice losses, even if they don't come when or as fast as you want them to.

Thank you SO MUCH Carol. I am so mad at myself for giving up. I have prayed so many times for help and this is where I keep coming back to. I have a different mindset this time. I know its not rocket speed weight loss. I am ok with that now. I know if I live my life and follow Judd I will lose. I wish I would of not threw in the towel because I am starting over...but at least I am here to do it right! ;) Im not setting myself up to lose a certain amount in a certain time frame. I also decided right now I am not going to weigh for awhile and just try to relax & not let the scale dictate my moods. I will beable to tell in my clothes and I also started out measuring myself. So I am prepared to CONQUERE THIS FAT!!!:laugh:
Oh when you hear me frustrated can you remind me of all this? LOL

pooticus 08-03-2013 06:32 PM

WB!

LoCarbGal 08-04-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 16544301)
Thank you SO MUCH Carol. I am so mad at myself for giving up. I have prayed so many times for help and this is where I keep coming back to. I have a different mindset this time. I know its not rocket speed weight loss. I am ok with that now. I know if I live my life and follow Judd I will lose. I wish I would of not threw in the towel because I am starting over...but at least I am here to do it right! ;) Im not setting myself up to lose a certain amount in a certain time frame. I also decided right now I am not going to weigh for awhile and just try to relax & not let the scale dictate my moods. I will beable to tell in my clothes and I also started out measuring myself. So I am prepared to CONQUERE THIS FAT!!!:laugh:
Oh when you hear me frustrated can you remind me of all this? LOL

I'll remind you if you'll remind me when I do too! ;) I think not weighing for awhile is a good idea, especially if it frustrates you. I'm actually taking a few days off of weighing myself. I had two free days in a row and I'm starting to lift heavier weights, so I don't want to see what that means. I just don't want to know. What I do know is that JUDDD will take care of those 2 days quickly, and whatever I *gain* from doing the weights is beneficial to my body.

Keep posting - it really really helps so much!
:hugs:

E.W. 08-05-2013 05:17 AM

I saw another variation of JUDDD that looked sort of interesting. Eat 125% of normal on
the UD and 50% on the DD. The people were not losing as fast as sticking to a 100% UD
and a 20% DD but were still losing weight. For someone who only needed to lose a few
pounds that might be easier to so. And it sorts of reminds me of the study that sort of
inspired Dr. Johnson. He looked at an old study using people who didn't need to lose weight. There normal calories were about 1600 a day. They started eating 2300 on an
UD and 900 on a DD. In this 2 year study using old folks they didn't lose any weight but
they never intended to but they did stay out of the hospital a lot more than the controle
group and had fewed heart atacks.

Starrhae 08-05-2013 06:32 PM

:welcome:Welcome back Debbie!! I only found this site a week ago and am already feeling better! I lost about 30 lbs a few years ago and have kept it off to that point,but never got to my goal!! it helps seeing people like you coming back!! I haven't got the scale to go down yet but it will .Like you say I think its best not to worry about it tooo much..All in good time!!