Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   August JUDDD Newbies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/809222-august-juddd-newbies.html)

Carly 08-01-2013 03:39 AM

August JUDDD Newbies
 
:welcome: to all the August JUDDD newbies! Join us here for support and encouragement.

Dottie 08-01-2013 04:55 AM

Oohh I guess I'm a re-newbie :)
:hiya:

SlowSure 08-01-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16540216)
Oohh I guess I'm a re-newbie :)
:hiya:

You're a re-boot - I always think of Johnny Depp when I use that phrase. That's what the re-booter icon should look like - Capt. Jack Sparrow, in pursuit of the Black Pearl and his quest to look good and stay young. :)

Dottie 08-01-2013 05:35 AM

:laugh:

bettycooker 08-01-2013 08:52 AM

Hi, So glad I found this JUDD group about 2 weeks ago. It's working!!!!!!!!!! I have lost about 30 pounds going low carb and wheat free about a year and half ago. In May this year the weight was going the other way and before I knew it, I was 10 pounds heavier. Everyone on the main page of lowcarbfriends told me to cut back on dairy etc. I read about doing the potato hack. I love potatoes and they hadn't been in my diet for such a long time. Long story short...I have lost 6 pounds the last couple of weeks. Oh, and 1 more pound today for a total of 7. It is just amazing! I don't get hungry even though I keep the calories around 550 for the day. I have been able to do the 550 calories for about 3 days then I need a couple days off. I think this will be my answer for the last 15 pounds and a key to then maintain. Thank you JUDD Group!!!!!

LoCarbGal 08-01-2013 09:28 AM

It's so good to have you back Dottie. You have some of the best recipes and ideas!

Welcome bettycooker! We love new friends here!

KeirasMom 08-01-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bettycooker (Post 16540600)
Hi, So glad I found this JUDD group about 2 weeks ago. It's working!!!!!!!!!! I have lost about 30 pounds going low carb and wheat free about a year and half ago. In May this year the weight was going the other way and before I knew it, I was 10 pounds heavier. Everyone on the main page of lowcarbfriends told me to cut back on dairy etc. I read about doing the potato hack. I love potatoes and they hadn't been in my diet for such a long time. Long story short...I have lost 6 pounds the last couple of weeks. Oh, and 1 more pound today for a total of 7. It is just amazing! I don't get hungry even though I keep the calories around 550 for the day. I have been able to do the 550 calories for about 3 days then I need a couple days off. I think this will be my answer for the last 15 pounds and a key to then maintain. Thank you JUDD Group!!!!!

I'm a little confused. Are you doing 550 calories for 3 days consecutively?

IrishJemini 08-01-2013 10:53 AM

Hi -

I'm about to do a short ROUND 2 on HCG - but want to transition to JUDD for the duration....I think. I've been leerking here a while just reading - and I think I understand the concept....just one clarification?

It's every other UD? Or is it 2 or 3 a week? During this time exercise is encouraged even on DD? I think I'll try this on a LC thought process when I get to that point.

:up:

KeirasMom 08-01-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishJemini (Post 16540871)
Hi -

I'm about to do a short ROUND 2 on HCG - but want to transition to JUDD for the duration....I think. I've been leerking here a while just reading - and I think I understand the concept....just one clarification?

It's every other UD? Or is it 2 or 3 a week? During this time exercise is encouraged even on DD? I think I'll try this on a LC thought process when I get to that point.

:up:

Every other day is an up day, and the alternate days are down days. Exercise is up to you. Some feel fine exercising either/both days and others prefer to only exercise on UDs.

:welcome:

LoCarbGal 08-01-2013 11:36 AM

:welcome: IrishJemini!

IrishJemini 08-01-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16540890)
Every other day is an up day, and the alternate days are down days. Exercise is up to you. Some feel fine exercising either/both days and others prefer to only exercise on UDs.

:welcome:


Ok, that's what I thought - thank you :up:

IrishJemini 08-01-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16540951)
:welcome: IrishJemini!


Thank you! :high5:

Librarygirl 08-01-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16540767)
I'm a little confused. Are you doing 550 calories for 3 days consecutively?

I was wondering the same thing.:dunno: Hopefully only every other day. :)


Welcome ALL :newbie::newbie:

Carly 08-01-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishJemini (Post 16540871)
Hi -
During this time exercise is encouraged even on DD? I think I'll try this on a LC thought process when I get to that point.

:up:

I exercise every DD, I do cardio and usually exercise most UDs too, but when I take a day off it's usually an UD. I exercise in the evening when I get home from work and occasionally UD dinner gets in the way of my work out.

:welcome: to all the new JUDDD buds and re-boot buds! :hyst:

Flutter 08-01-2013 07:19 PM

welcome new folks! :heart: We were all new once, so please post away and don't be afraid to ask questions. Lots of smart cookies around here, that's for sure!

Debrat3 08-01-2013 08:54 PM

Im a re-newbie too. I want to learn all I can about JUDD so I can finally be successful.

Carly 08-02-2013 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 16541714)
Im a re-newbie too. I want to learn all I can about JUDD so I can finally be successful.

:welcome: back! I know you can do it!

Flutter 08-02-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 16541714)
Im a re-newbie too. I want to learn all I can about JUDD so I can finally be successful.



Hey, good to "see" you again!!! You can do it!

Monkeypenny 08-02-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16541518)
I exercise every DD, I do cardio and usually exercise most UDs too, but when I take a day off it's usually an UD.

Nearly the same here, I really like exercising on DDs. Oddly enough, it makes me less hungry. :dunno:

Kissa 08-02-2013 04:10 AM

Lovely to the returners.

Goner 08-02-2013 05:25 AM

Welcome newbies and re-newbies (I like the sound of that). Also like re-boot but have never seen Jack Sparrow movies.

I have to repeat - great advice here and yes, everyone was once a newbie and many are re-newbies - so all know how it feels.

Good Luck Newbies!

Dottie 08-02-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeypenny (Post 16541888)
Nearly the same here, I really like exercising on DDs. Oddly enough, it makes me less hungry. :dunno:

That's been my experience as well.
On DD's when I exercise, I find a protein shake and a chicken breast and salad are more than enough food for the day.

Carly 08-02-2013 02:23 PM

I'm more energetic on DDs and dinner never interferes with my exercise plans :hyst:

Debrat3 08-02-2013 05:22 PM

BRRRRR Today is a DD and I am freezing! In the middle of summer? I did this last DD too. I took a nap (I am a Big Brother watcher :o Late nights) and I used two heavy blankets. I guess Judd is working huh?;)

Carly 08-02-2013 05:32 PM

I get the DD shivers something awful... I'm actually really cold even on my UDs now, too, but DDs are painful. I almost cried in the freezer isle at the grocery store last night buying my 1 point Popsicles.

Debrat3 08-02-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16543075)
I get the DD shivers something awful... I'm actually really cold even on my UDs now, too, but DDs are painful. I almost cried in the freezer isle at the grocery store last night buying my 1 point Popsicles.

What brand are 1 point popsicles? That would be great for a DD eaten under a blanket of coarse. :lol:

Barbo 08-02-2013 08:00 PM

Happy to get to know you all
 
Some I have known from LCF for years.

I feel almost like celebrating as I lost my first JUDDD lbs. today.

Started LC when I weighed 225, did Atkins/Bernstein and got down
to 150, then up to 170 and now down to 159.5.
It is so nice to come here and be able to talk with you all, listen,
and learn about this new to me program.

So much support here. Thank YOU.:hugs:

GME 08-02-2013 08:55 PM

Another re-newbie here. :hiya:

I did JUDDD ages ago when it was just a thread, not a whole board. I came to JUDDD when LC left me stranded just shy of onederland. It worked for me, albeit slowly and I made it just below 170. I let life and an injury get the best of me and I gained back up over 220.

I tried many times to go back to LC but just couldn't stick with it. I decided if I am not going to low carb I am going to have to do something, so here I am again.

I did a DD Tuesday and another today. They never got easy for me, even before. I white-knuckled every one to some extent, but every "diet" is like that for me. I may try some version of 4:3 or 5:2 if I can make it work.

At least I feel like I have a plan and I know I will find support here. :)

Aspen1377 08-02-2013 09:42 PM

I am SO in.... I did a down day Wednesday, Up day yesterday and another down day today. Wasn't hungry one bit today. I am excited about the possibilities with this. I lean towards a plant based whole foods diet. I allow myself treats occasionally if I want them. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead a couple years ago and fell in love with juicing and have done a few extended juice feasts (up to 30 days) and last fall did every other day for quite a while (which is why JUDDD appeals to me so much...knowing that I can do ANYTHING for one day, makes it relatively simple). My weight can fluctuate a lot quickly (meaning gain 20 lbs in a few weeks when I am falling off the wagon) and sometimes I lose quickly. I am not looking for a quick fix here. I weighed 169.8 Wednesday morning and am going to weigh 2-3 times a week after down days. That weight is up from 147.7 at the beginning of June. I am 5'8. I want to gradually find my way down to around 140 and call it good...and then stay there. I have four sons Logan, 11, Mason 9, Parker 8, and Owen 5. I have LOVED pouring over this site the past week. Truly a blessing.

Aspen

Monkeypenny 08-03-2013 12:54 AM

Sounds like a great and very reasonable plan. Welcome Aspen!! :welcome:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.