Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,572
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
August Daily Chat

JUDDD BUDDDs like to hang out and chat. This is the place.
SlowSure is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,606
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks for starting us out Slow. Not quite August here, but one good sleep and it will be!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,572
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
And of course, with our latest people to join us from Australia, August 1 is almost over for them
SlowSure is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,383
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Happy August JBs! summer is sure flying by. Boo!
Flutter is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Ellen770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 64
Gallery: Ellen770
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
Good morning! Its been a great morning for me! My dear friend has sold her house...and almost bought one 40 min. away. Some things happened, and they decided to go another direction. She called this morning and told me they bought a house in the next subdivision over from me...and its so close I can walk to her house! Yay! Yesterday, my painting friend came back and finished painting my laundry room, then the hall, then pulling wall paper off the stairwell walls and painting it. She is going out of town and left me with with a chore list! This morning, I thought I would check and see if the scale had moved. I was delighted to see its started back in the right direction! I am down 7 total since I started JUDDD about 3 weeks ago. I credit that to the new dosage on my meds....

I have nothing on the calendar today. I need to grocery shop...and its an UD. I feel free.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Ellen770 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,782
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Just had an impromptu 2 minute conversation with my Eldest over Skype. I saw that his icon popped up, indicating he was online, and made a quick call. What great technology! I love it. There's something wonderful about seeing their face when they're so far away.

In more mundane news, I am cleaning my patio this morning. We have a hackberry tree that overhangs it, and those little berries get EVERYWHERE and are super annoying. It seems like a good Down Day project. It will get me out in the fresh air and busy.
Sirtain is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Marking my spot, travelling the last couple of days.
Kissa is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Luv2Eat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 723
Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Been really busy with work, still pop in weekly at least, to see how ya'll are doing. I'm delighted to see so many new inductee's!

Been JUDDDing for almost a year and am still amazed that this system works when I work it and follow the numbers. If I fall, just dust myself off and get back on the horse and it still works!!

Love to all you JUDDD BUDDD's
Luv2Eat is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,606
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good morning JBs! (and good evening to you Cindy/Kissa!)

Sounds like it's a good day for around-the-house tasks today. I spent an hour or so outside hosing down my front walk and back patio, and then spraying bug spray around the foundation of the house. Have you guys ever tried Raid Bug Barrier? It's miraculous! No more need for the exterminator and it lasts for 6 months and really works. Anyway...

Ellen, how fun about your friend! I'm so glad you're feeling good and having a good day.

Sirtain, Skype is indeed a wonderful thing for families far away from each other. That must have been fun.

My mom turns 80 tomorrow, so we'll be celebrating both Friday and Saturday. Fun! Lots of good food, visiting, memories, phone calls from relatives far away. I'm so lucky to have her so healthy and vibrant, and my best friend!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
rosejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 369
Gallery: rosejim
Stats: 180/134.6/130
WOE: Atkins not working trying JUDDD
Start Date: April 5, 2013 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

My mom turns 80 tomorrow, so we'll be celebrating both Friday and Saturday. Fun! Lots of good food, visiting, memories, phone calls from relatives far away. I'm so lucky to have her so healthy and vibrant, and my best friend!
Amen to that!You are truly blessed!
rosejim is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So wonderful, I am a tiny bit jealous. Wish herha happy day from her JBs, for she is one of us, even though she doesnt' post.
Kissa is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,026
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
A Good Day for an UP Day

Congratulations to your Mom for her 80th birthday.
We are both born in the same year. Depression babies of 1933.

Made a nice batch of marina sauce from our garden.
I may try it over an ounce of brown rice pasta..or even cauliflower.

Enjoy this lovely summer day everyone. We are going to the harbor
tonight for a bite of seafood and salad with good dressing. YUM!

This is 12th day of JUDUDD
Barbo is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,976
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Hi all! Back from vacation, and was a bit afraid to step on the scale. I did it, and was up 7.6 pounds. It's deserved.

The cruise was lovely and we had a great time. We ate and drank and ate and drank, and then we drank and ate some more! Ensenada was lovely, though very commercial and crowded. Keira took advantage of the kids' club on the ship, so DH and I had some alone time, which was great.

We got back to Los Angeles on Monday morning and ended up going to the Museum of Tolerance. It was quite an experience. The security there is more stringent than airline security. I guess they've had some credible threats, which just makes me so sad.

Keira wanted to see the Holocaust exhibit. The guide made a point of reminding us that it's not recommended for children under 12, but that the decision was ultimately the parents. That made me a bit nervous, but then a bit irked as well (the rebel in me). Keira said she'd be fine, so I just told her if anything was too hard for her to look at, she could close her eyes. She never closed her eyes or had any difficulty with any of the displays or interactive activities. She asked appropriate questions and I think it was a very good experience for her and one that will hopefully help to shape her and allow her to grow into a compassionate and caring adult.

Tuesday we spent ALL DAY at Disneyland, and Wednesday we took a leisurely drive home, stopping at the IKEA store (my first time) and having a lovely lunch in Korea Town.

Today, I'm trying to catch up on LCF and do some laundry. It's good to be home!
__________________
Dawn

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 16
Gallery: dodo121
Stats: 215/170/145 5'8"
WOE: 2/15/2013 Atkins. 7/16/2013 JUDDD
Start Date: 2/15/2013
oh no it's august already! I have about 4.5 months to lose another 25 pounds so I can hit my goal of 145. Need to look my best since I'm getting married in december. Wish me luck!
dodo121 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,606
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosejim View Post
Amen to that!You are truly blessed!
For sure. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
So wonderful, I am a tiny bit jealous. Wish herha happy day from her JBs, for she is one of us, even though she doesnt' post.
Thank you! I will tell her and she will get a kick out of her JBs. She has been so excited to hear how much help you guys have been to me. She's afraid to get started on here though, she's afraid she'll spend too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Congratulations to your Mom for her 80th birthday.
We are both born in the same year. Depression babies of 1933.
Yes indeed. A good year for lovely ladies! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Hi all! Back from vacation, and was a bit afraid to step on the scale. I did it, and was up 7.6 pounds. It's deserved.
Glad to see you back Dawn, and I'm so glad the trip was wonderful. Those pounds will come off in no time, like they have in the past. I'm not surprised to hear the Keira handled the museum well. She sounds like quite a special kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo121 View Post
oh no it's august already! I have about 4.5 months to lose another 25 pounds so I can hit my goal of 145. Need to look my best since I'm getting married in december. Wish me luck!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Good luck with your losses!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo121 View Post
oh no it's august already! I have about 4.5 months to lose another 25 pounds so I can hit my goal of 145. Need to look my best since I'm getting married in december. Wish me luck!
Good luck dodo! You can do it!!
piglet513 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
Seabreezes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,874
Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I'm traveling for the next 6 weeks. I hope to be able to be on the Internet some, but not all the time. I'll have some control over food part of the time. The time when I won't be able to control I'll enjoy every bite prepared for me. I know once I return home all will be back to normal!

It is amazing how this has become such a way of life for so many of us?

Happy Birthday to your mother, Carol. Enjoy the birthday weekend!

Your trip sounded great, Dawn. I'm glad the museum was so interesting. We toured Dachau several years ago. I just cannot believe the cruelty to other human beings. It was definitely very emotional.

Kissa, your new avatar is amazing. Lovely!

__________________
Seabreezes is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,606
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Have a wonderful trip Seabreezes! And thank you for the birthday wishes.

I just told mom over the phone about all the JB birthday wishes, and she was tickled!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Why thank you lovely Sea Breezes... you heard from our much loved Yam Yam lately? Maybe PM me?

Dodo121, just a few words from the wise..or the old! You are getting married in Decmebr? How wonderful. Did not your husband to be love you so much that he wanted you as his lifetime partner, just the way you looked on the day you decided to be married? If you lose weight along the way or not, you know in your heart how much he loves you.

JUDDD is not about fast weight loss. It is about weight loss and some very important health benefits.

Please be gentle with yourself. You will lose what you lose. You will gain self respect, good health and a man who loves you more than anyone else in the world... win, win. The 25lbs are incidental.
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 08-01-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Kissa is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
Planelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 877
Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Hi all! Back from vacation, and was a bit afraid to step on the scale. I did it, and was up 7.6 pounds. It's deserved.

The cruise was lovely and we had a great time. We ate and drank and ate and drank, and then we drank and ate some more! Ensenada was lovely, though very commercial and crowded. Keira took advantage of the kids' club on the ship, so DH and I had some alone time, which was great.

We got back to Los Angeles on Monday morning and ended up going to the Museum of Tolerance. It was quite an experience. The security there is more stringent than airline security. I guess they've had some credible threats, which just makes me so sad.

Keira wanted to see the Holocaust exhibit. The guide made a point of reminding us that it's not recommended for children under 12, but that the decision was ultimately the parents. That made me a bit nervous, but then a bit irked as well (the rebel in me). Keira said she'd be fine, so I just told her if anything was too hard for her to look at, she could close her eyes. She never closed her eyes or had any difficulty with any of the displays or interactive activities. She asked appropriate questions and I think it was a very good experience for her and one that will hopefully help to shape her and allow her to grow into a compassionate and caring adult.

Tuesday we spent ALL DAY at Disneyland, and Wednesday we took a leisurely drive home, stopping at the IKEA store (my first time) and having a lovely lunch in Korea Town.

Today, I'm trying to catch up on LCF and do some laundry. It's good to be home!

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks with my daughter and fully expect to take complete advantage of all the wonderful food options on the ship and gain at least 15 lbs doing it! A couple days/weeks of JUDDD should knock it right off though.
Planelman is online now  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 16
Gallery: dodo121
Stats: 215/170/145 5'8"
WOE: 2/15/2013 Atkins. 7/16/2013 JUDDD
Start Date: 2/15/2013
Thanks everyone with the well wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Dodo121, just a few words from the wise..or the old! You are getting married in Decmebr? How wonderful. Did not your husband to be love you so much that he wanted you as his lifetime partner, just the way you looked on the day you decided to be married? If you lose weight along the way or not, you know in your heart how much he loves you.

JUDDD is not about fast weight loss. It is about weight loss and some very important health benefits.

Please be gentle with yourself. You will lose what you lose. You will gain self respect, good health and a man who loves you more than anyone else in the world... win, win. The 25lbs are incidental.
actually I'm a male...LOL...I've been with my gf for about 10 yrs now, and I was about 135lbs(college) when I we met...I guess work and lack of exercise made me who I am today...she doesn't mind how I look obviously and can't tell that I gained so much weight since she sees me everyday. But I want to look the best for myself and be as healthy as can be so we can both have a happy and long life together. She eats more than me but never gains any weight and as for me, I just pack on the pounds like no tomorrow...sometimes its just not fair
dodo121 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am so very sorry! Please forgive me.

But what I said still holds true. I have been with Dh for 40 years, married 32, and he is a natural slimy too. He does notice my weight and likes me to be slim and healthy, but when I weighed 60lbs more than I do today he still loved and valued me.

You can do this, it may not be 25lbs but it will make you look and feel a whole lot better.
Kissa is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
arkie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Posts: 966
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Kissa...do you have any before/after pix to share? You look like you never had a weight problem!

Last edited by arkie1; 08-01-2013 at 01:26 PM..
arkie1 is online now  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,383
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo121 View Post
Thanks everyone with the well wishes!



actually I'm a male...LOL...I've been with my gf for about 10 yrs now, and I was about 135lbs(college) when I we met...I guess work and lack of exercise made me who I am today...she doesn't mind how I look obviously and can't tell that I gained so much weight since she sees me everyday. But I want to look the best for myself and be as healthy as can be so we can both have a happy and long life together. She eats more than me but never gains any weight and as for me, I just pack on the pounds like no tomorrow...sometimes its just not fair
Oh my, that really IS NOT fair since so many men seem to be like your fiancé! Usually it's us gals that are saying what you are! I will pout with you, IT IS NOT FAIR!!! However, it's awesome you are here and I have no doubt you will do fabulously with Juddd & losing all you wish to. Kissa made some excellent points. you will lose weight for sure in these upcoming months. It very well MAY be to your goal, but if not, you will feel awesome and hopefully be incredibly proud of yourself to boot!

LCG, happy bday to your sweet mum and major kudos to her as well! It's so wonderful she's loving Juddd with you!

Dawn, I would LOVE to see the holocaust museum. There is one a bit south of us and I think I will go this fall when the kids go back to school. I may indeed go back with them, but I know I will be super emotional about it and want to spend a lot of time there without worrying about the kids being with me. Very happy to hear you had such a fabulous vaca girl!!! (I am so not worried about that weight, you know it'll be gone in a few rotations!)

I am so pooped this week! Coming back from vaca & losing those 2 two zones, then going right in to band camp has not been kind to me! Zombie momma here!
__________________
Melinda

Flutter is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 16
Gallery: dodo121
Stats: 215/170/145 5'8"
WOE: 2/15/2013 Atkins. 7/16/2013 JUDDD
Start Date: 2/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am so very sorry! Please forgive me.

But what I said still holds true. I have been with Dh for 40 years, married 32, and he is a natural slimy too. He does notice my weight and likes me to be slim and healthy, but when I weighed 60lbs more than I do today he still loved and valued me.

You can do this, it may not be 25lbs but it will make you look and feel a whole lot better.
LOL...no harm done...I hope my marriage can be happy like yours. Yes, I already feel alot better as I've lost alot of weight, but have to keep on going. Even if I don't get to my goal weight, I'm already very proud how far I've gone. Thanks for the support and encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Oh my, that really IS NOT fair since so many men seem to be like your fiancé! Usually it's us gals that are saying what you are! I will pout with you, IT IS NOT FAIR!!! However, it's awesome you are here and I have no doubt you will do fabulously with Juddd & losing all you wish to. Kissa made some excellent points. you will lose weight for sure in these upcoming months. It very well MAY be to your goal, but if not, you will feel awesome and hopefully be incredibly proud of yourself to boot!

Thanks for the advise and encouragement, I will surely keep up with this and hopefully we can all lose some weight together!
dodo121 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,036
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
Good morning! Its been a great morning for me! My dear friend has sold her house...and almost bought one 40 min. away. Some things happened, and they decided to go another direction. She called this morning and told me they bought a house in the next subdivision over from me...and its so close I can walk to her house! Yay! Yesterday, my painting friend came back and finished painting my laundry room, then the hall, then pulling wall paper off the stairwell walls and painting it. She is going out of town and left me with with a chore list! This morning, I thought I would check and see if the scale had moved. I was delighted to see its started back in the right direction! I am down 7 total since I started JUDDD about 3 weeks ago. I credit that to the new dosage on my meds....

I have nothing on the calendar today. I need to grocery shop...and its an UD. I feel free.


I hope everyone is doing well.
Sounds like a lovely day was had, and you have a new (bestie) neighbor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Just had an impromptu 2 minute conversation with my Eldest over Skype. I saw that his icon popped up, indicating he was online, and made a quick call. What great technology! I love it. There's something wonderful about seeing their face when they're so far away.

In more mundane news, I am cleaning my patio this morning. We have a hackberry tree that overhangs it, and those little berries get EVERYWHERE and are super annoying. It seems like a good Down Day project. It will get me out in the fresh air and busy.
So glad you got to "see" your DS! Yes, technology can be awesome. Hope you enjoyed your outdoor time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Marking my spot, travelling the last couple of days.
Enjoy your travels and hurry back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Good morning JBs! (and good evening to you Cindy/Kissa!)

Sounds like it's a good day for around-the-house tasks today. I spent an hour or so outside hosing down my front walk and back patio, and then spraying bug spray around the foundation of the house. Have you guys ever tried Raid Bug Barrier? It's miraculous! No more need for the exterminator and it lasts for 6 months and really works. Anyway...

Ellen, how fun about your friend! I'm so glad you're feeling good and having a good day.

Sirtain, Skype is indeed a wonderful thing for families far away from each other. That must have been fun.

My mom turns 80 tomorrow, so we'll be celebrating both Friday and Saturday. Fun! Lots of good food, visiting, memories, phone calls from relatives far away. I'm so lucky to have her so healthy and vibrant, and my best friend!
LCG, I want to try that! May I ask if you had to use anything inside (to get rid of any bugs that were already there)? I have a bug problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Hi all! Back from vacation, and was a bit afraid to step on the scale. I did it, and was up 7.6 pounds. It's deserved.

The cruise was lovely and we had a great time. We ate and drank and ate and drank, and then we drank and ate some more! Ensenada was lovely, though very commercial and crowded. Keira took advantage of the kids' club on the ship, so DH and I had some alone time, which was great.

We got back to Los Angeles on Monday morning and ended up going to the Museum of Tolerance. It was quite an experience. The security there is more stringent than airline security. I guess they've had some credible threats, which just makes me so sad.

Keira wanted to see the Holocaust exhibit. The guide made a point of reminding us that it's not recommended for children under 12, but that the decision was ultimately the parents. That made me a bit nervous, but then a bit irked as well (the rebel in me). Keira said she'd be fine, so I just told her if anything was too hard for her to look at, she could close her eyes. She never closed her eyes or had any difficulty with any of the displays or interactive activities. She asked appropriate questions and I think it was a very good experience for her and one that will hopefully help to shape her and allow her to grow into a compassionate and caring adult.

Tuesday we spent ALL DAY at Disneyland, and Wednesday we took a leisurely drive home, stopping at the IKEA store (my first time) and having a lovely lunch in Korea Town.

Today, I'm trying to catch up on LCF and do some laundry. It's good to be home!
Sounds like a wonderful trip!! I will have to live vicariously through all you vacationers this year. I'm glad you decided to take Kiera to the museum and that she wanted to go. She sounds like such a smart, thoughtful girl.
__________________


"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."


"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 08-01-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,026
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
So much good news!

Had a Chinese lunch and it was soooo tasty. Just stayed away from anything
gluten that I knew about anyways.

Hey DoDo how are you pronouncing your name???
YES it is unfair. My husband gains just as I do. Looses slowly, turtle like as well
and gains in a moment...lol.

Kissa did I tell you that I lived in London? In Chelsea?
It was the most exciting time of my life. So long ago now and I'm afraid
it isn't the London of my times. That was 1958-59. St. Paul's Cathedral had
not been entirely reconstructed from WW2.. Slowly do you live near London?
If there is one place I would love to go again, it would be there. We lived
about a block from the Thames river. There was a convent on our street,
Beaufort Mansions and it had been bombed. We had a dairyman deliver our
milk and double Devon cream, across on the Kings' Road we had two bakeries.
One made French and also Danish's hot from the oven at 8:00 a.m.
The other was a proper English bakery. I gained 10 lbs. the first month there.
BTW the dairyman delivered by horse drawn vehicle.
__________________
BARBOS LOWCARB kITCHEN
Barbo is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,606
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
LCG, I want to try that! May I ask if you had to use anything inside (to get rid of any bugs that were already there)? I have a bug problem.
Sorry about your bugs! Hate 'em! You can use this stuff inside too, but I rarely do. Using it on the perimeter of your house on the outside seems to work great, and keep them from coming in. Hope it works as well for you as it does for me!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,296
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Marking my spot, travelling the last couple of days.
Love the new Avi Cindy! You look great!
JMBM is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,383
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Had a Chinese lunch and it was soooo tasty. Just stayed away from anything
gluten that I knew about anyways.

Hey DoDo how are you pronouncing your name???
YES it is unfair. My husband gains just as I do. Looses slowly, turtle like as well
and gains in a moment...lol.

Kissa did I tell you that I lived in London? In Chelsea?
It was the most exciting time of my life. So long ago now and I'm afraid
it isn't the London of my times. That was 1958-59. St. Paul's Cathedral had
not been entirely reconstructed from WW2.. Slowly do you live near London?
If there is one place I would love to go again, it would be there. We lived
about a block from the Thames river. There was a convent on our street,
Beaufort Mansions and it had been bombed. We had a dairyman deliver our
milk and double Devon cream, across on the Kings' Road we had two bakeries.
One made French and also Danish's hot from the oven at 8:00 a.m.
The other was a proper English bakery. I gained 10 lbs. the first month there
.
BTW the dairyman delivered by horse drawn vehicle.
I bet you did! I would have been able to do some serious damage, too. Yikes! Sounds like you had quite the adventures!
Flutter is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.