Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #241
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,101
Gallery: Dottie
Son goes back to college tomorrow. I'll miss him a lot, but he's close enough to come home often
I won't miss fast food! I've been doing well on JUDDD and working our running around into the plan, but fast food = so much sodium. I need to get away from that!
Dottie is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,069
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Hey Dottie

Not quite an empty nest! Glad he can come home often.

When our sons were at that age, I loved cooking
for them, but my gosh they were bottom less pits. I never got a taco to
eat, sitting down with them. My sour dough jar was always almost empty
because they ate the pancakes as fast as I could make them. It was a fun
time.

Today's DD is unusual as I'm saving everything for quesadillas.
Finished up making the salsa yesterday.

Have a good day all the JUDDD BUDS DD or UPD.
Barbo is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #243
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,101
Gallery: Dottie
He's the same way, can eat a meal and be looking for something else 5 minutes later
Dottie is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,848
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've been allowing myself up to 1000 calories on DDs, and have been averaging around 750 or so. Last night, I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat the dinner I'd planned. I ended the day at 535 calories. It was the first time I've been cold in a while, and I shivered under the blankets for a bit when I went to bed. Yesterday's high was 100*F, so I know it was the low calories.

I just noticed another chilblain forming on my index finger. I guess that's proof enough. My poor, old body just can't handle low DDs anymore, even when my hunger dictates my eating. I guess it's good to have an excuse to have higher DDs, but it's still annoying.
__________________
Dawn

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've been allowing myself up to 1000 calories on DDs, and have been averaging around 750 or so. Last night, I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat the dinner I'd planned. I ended the day at 535 calories. It was the first time I've been cold in a while, and I shivered under the blankets for a bit when I went to bed. Yesterday's high was 100*F, so I know it was the low calories.

I just noticed another chilblain forming on my index finger. I guess that's proof enough. My poor, old body just can't handle low DDs anymore, even when my hunger dictates my eating. I guess it's good to have an excuse to have higher DDs, but it's still annoying.
But the 2000/1000 has been working as far as maintaining right? You could always have some peanut butter or wine before bed if you were low for the day. Such problems!
Carly is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #246
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,848
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've been doing closer to 2000/750, but it's been good for maintaining. It's also nice to have extra calories on my UDs. I still haven't done wine on a DD yet, but that's certainly doable even with 750 calories.

Sadly, I had my first ever back-to-back DD situation yesterday, purely by chance. I always have a pretty light breakfast and lunch so I can enjoy a nice dinner. Last night, DH and Keira went to Red Robin and waited for me for quite some time, but my chiro and x-rays took so long, I told them to go ahead and order. I didn't get home until past dinner time, so I just didn't eat. This morning, I've already had my normal breakfast and I'm still freezing. But, boy am I looking forward to lunch!
KeirasMom is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds like a problem easily fixed, Dawn. I hope you have a delicious lunch!
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,486
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Whizzing by.
Just done a fortnight's catching-up on this thread - been busy with grandchildren.
What a lot's been happening!
Cindy and Dawn, I hope you're a lot less sore today.
Christina, congratulations on the new job.
Flossyliz is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member
 
jacquelinejolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 386
Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
We're leaving on a 7-day cruise from San Juan, PR. Cruise is going to Barbados, Antigua, St. Croix and two other ports that I can't recall. When we get back we're going to spend the rest of the week in PR.
I wonder if one of them is Dominica? I went on a cruise out of PR and one of the stops was Dominica and another was St. Lucia I think. PR has great shopping - loved the jewelry stores there! If you're into historical stuff, the forts were pretty neat too and you can easily walk to them from the port. Might be hot though.
jacquelinejolie is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Whizzing by.
Just done a fortnight's catching-up on this thread - been busy with grandchildren.
What a lot's been happening!
Cindy and Dawn, I hope you're a lot less sore today.
Christina, congratulations on the new job.
Hey Flossy!
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Hi JUDDD BUDDs!

I haven't been doing JUDDD for a while but I'm ready to get back to it. I'm starting with an UD today. I haven't weighed yet. I'm scared to
We had a wonderful summer. I just wanted to focus on my babies because my youngest starts kindergarten tomorrow. what a way to have a DD. I'll be a mess.
Jbinme is online now  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #252
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Jbinme! Where is your pretty avi?

So glad to see you back. I'm sure you'll do great again, and how nice that you enjoyed your summer with the kiddies. I'll look forward to seeing how your re-start goes.
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Hi Carol-it's great to see your beautiful picture! I hope to update my stats and avi soon.
Jbinme is online now  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,807
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Just plan lots of activities to keep yourself from eating, or missing your child! Full-day, or half-day?
Sirtain is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,418
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Lots of jbinme, it's so emotional when the baby starts kindy. I remember it well! I recruited my folks to meet me for breakfast that day. It's become sortof a BTS ritual ever since, in fact! Definitely stay busy that day!!
Flutter is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Lots of jbinme, it's so emotional when the baby starts kindy. I remember it well! I recruited my folks to meet me for breakfast that day. It's become sortof a BTS ritual ever since, in fact! Definitely stay busy that day!!
Melinda. You have done amazing! Are you in maintenance?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now. I'm sure I'll stay busy around the house but I'm used to having a kid at home depending on me.
I'm thinking my DD will be good tomorrow so I don't sit and eat all day to deal with my emotions.
Jbinme is online now  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome back JB!! Good luck on your first DD back, and congrats on your little one's first day at school.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I haven't been doing JUDDD for a while but I'm ready to get back to it. I'm starting with an UD today. I haven't weighed yet. I'm scared to
We had a wonderful summer. I just wanted to focus on my babies because my youngest starts kindergarten tomorrow. what a way to have a DD. I'll be a mess.
back! How did the first DD/ First day of school go? (Or how is it going- if it's today?)

Last edited by Carly; 08-27-2013 at 04:31 AM..
Carly is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Just plan lots of activities to keep yourself from eating, or missing your child! Full-day, or half-day?
Half day. They have to break me in slow!
Jbinme is online now  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
back! How did the first DD/ First day of school go? (Or how is it going- if it's today?)
Carly-Thanks for asking. You are always so sweet.
I'll take my baby in a few hours. She's excited but a little nervous. She asked me if she's really big enough. She's always been small. One of her nicknames is little. I told her she is old enough and there will be kids that are all different shapes and sizes

I have all my mini meals planned for today. Anyone do those anymore? I've always seemed to do well that way.
I weighed myself last night because I wanted the highest number to start at. It wasn't as bad as I thought but it sure went up fast! My jean size is what really bugs me. I'm not going to weigh very often for now because it became obsessive last time. I'm going to go by clothing sizes and how I feel for now. I really want to focus on the health benefits the most. Weightloss as a bonus.
Jbinme is online now  
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,046
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
back to all the restarts and newbies! I've been trying to keep up with all the posts and just want to wish everyone success on their journey.
LiLi914 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW Mo.
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I still remember my 24 year old's first day of kiddy garden. She was so brave, and excited, she was such a sponge.
Me, excited, brave no. We all survive it. keep busy and look forward to each day greeting them home from school. That's so important for both of you. Smile
Eieio is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,418
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Melinda. You have done amazing! Are you in maintenance?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now. I'm sure I'll stay busy around the house but I'm used to having a kid at home depending on me.
I'm thinking my DD will be good tomorrow so I don't sit and eat all day to deal with my emotions.
Thanks! Yep, pretty much maintenance. I think I want to go down a bit more for a comfy zone, though. I don't like bouncing around my maintenance number, too nerve wracking!

Will be thinking about you today. It's SO HARD having the baby go to school. I'm glad you have just a 1/2 day! My MS (he's almost 15 now) still has such fond memories of coming home at lunch in kindy and hanging with mom. Enjoy EVERY SECOND!!!!!
Flutter is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hi JB's! I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.

I just opened my email and saw my picture with the family from Sunday. Not pleased. I still have a LONG way to go before I will look slim. My face still looks like I've got cheeks full of mashed potatoes. Motivation to have a great week of rotations, for sure!!!!
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #265
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,013
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am sure you are wrong about that photo Cindy. We none of us like most of the photos of ourselves, I pick the ones I share veeerrrryyy carefully, lol. And you know that all the family thought you looked great.

Hi JB, lovely to have you back, hope the DD and the first day of Kindie went well.

I have not been doing good rotations since I cam back from Germany, only one and now another today. Sadly a neighbour died (he had suffered from Parkinsons for many years) and all kinds of other things got in the way, including good food.

Not to worry, today is going smoothly.
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member
 
Starrhae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 334
Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Today is the last day before my granddaughter goes to 1st grade,Her little 2 year old sister is going to miss her as I will to.Changes are hard! I still remember when all my daughters started their first day of school.It was different for all of them,but is hard for the younger one staying at home.Thankfully she plays well by herself!! I still remember when I had to stay home while all the older kids walked down the street....57 years ago!!!
I am having an UD at it is going okay! Doesn't look like I am going to hit my goal for August.I keep going up and down!! I do see that it works for all of you so the first time in my life I am going to try to be patient,My clothes are fitting much better and I actually put a full length mirror in the extra bedroom so i can see how I am changing....my DD noticed that I was losing today so I feel more positive!!
Starrhae is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member
 
merryellen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sc
Posts: 232
Gallery: merryellen
Stats: 180/172/140
WOE: JUDDD
Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great Tuesday!

I don't want to jinx anything as this is only my 6th day JUDDing, but this diet is very, very, interesting to me. I am down 4 lbs since the beginning. DD are much more manageable than I feared. Everyone has such great recipes for making a few calories a big plate of food! I have been telling myself I only have to fast for breakfast and lunch and then can have a nice reasonable dinner. That is not hard at all! I have been keeping UDs kind of moderate but still plenty satisfying. Gosh..I can almost see this being the answer to my weight struggles. It so cleverly creates such a calorie deficit that half of the time you can eat "normal". Isn't that all anyone wants to be able to do?
It also seems so flexible for life's curve balls, and that is important.
I realize you all already know these things, but wow! It is such a revelation for me.
merryellen is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #268
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi JB's! I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.

I just opened my email and saw my picture with the family from Sunday. Not pleased. I still have a LONG way to go before I will look slim. My face still looks like I've got cheeks full of mashed potatoes. Motivation to have a great week of rotations, for sure!!!!
I agree with Cindy/Kissa. I'll bet it isn't at all like you are seeing it. But motivation is a great thing. What a great attitude to use it as that and not as an excuse to eat! Win! I hope things are going better for you today Cindy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I have not been doing good rotations since I cam back from Germany, only one and now another today. Sadly a neighbour died (he had suffered from Parkinsons for many years) and all kinds of other things got in the way, including good food.

Not to worry, today is going smoothly.
I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor, Cindy. You'll be back on your rotations soon, I'm sure. We always come back eventually, don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrhae View Post
Today is the last day before my granddaughter goes to 1st grade,Her little 2 year old sister is going to miss her as I will to.Changes are hard! I still remember when all my daughters started their first day of school.It was different for all of them,but is hard for the younger one staying at home.Thankfully she plays well by herself!! I still remember when I had to stay home while all the older kids walked down the street....57 years ago!!!
I am having an UD at it is going okay! Doesn't look like I am going to hit my goal for August.I keep going up and down!! I do see that it works for all of you so the first time in my life I am going to try to be patient,My clothes are fitting much better and I actually put a full length mirror in the extra bedroom so i can see how I am changing....my DD noticed that I was losing today so I feel more positive!!
That's great! People noticing means it's real! I'm not going to make my August goal either, but no way in heck I'm giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryellen View Post
Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great Tuesday!

I don't want to jinx anything as this is only my 6th day JUDDing, but this diet is very, very, interesting to me. I am down 4 lbs since the beginning. DD are much more manageable than I feared. Everyone has such great recipes for making a few calories a big plate of food! I have been telling myself I only have to fast for breakfast and lunch and then can have a nice reasonable dinner. That is not hard at all! I have been keeping UDs kind of moderate but still plenty satisfying. Gosh..I can almost see this being the answer to my weight struggles. It so cleverly creates such a calorie deficit that half of the time you can eat "normal". Isn't that all anyone wants to be able to do?
It also seems so flexible for life's curve balls, and that is important.
I realize you all already know these things, but wow! It is such a revelation for me.
Yes, we do already know these things, but I revel in reading like you who see it with their own eyes and wonder at it! Thank you for sharing that! Even after all this time on JUDDD, comments like yours keep me stoked for the whole thing.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #269
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,013
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Starr, stick with it and it will work I promise. Sad for the little one losing her playmate, but that's life.

MerryEllen I am delighted to hear that you are already 'getting' the JUDDD magic.
Kissa is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I made it through the first day and she loved it! My older daughter who started school last week was home sick so I haven't been alone yet.

DD is going good. Some hunger but I just think about tomorrow and stay busy.
Jbinme is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.