Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Wine. If it says that, I bet she borrowed it from Dawn.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If it says that, I need to know where to order one!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #93
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
WindyGap so sorry to hear about your struggles. Saying prayers for you right now!!

Chris, OMG. I can't even imagine. Saying prayers for super-human, multiplied strength for you and for solutions to this challenge. Holy smokes!

Hugs and prayers to all who are hurting! Love to all!

XOXO
Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Kissa (Cindy) you look positively radiant in your new avi! Your tiny tee shirt says "I ..." What? NY? London?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
.....Cats? Wine? Curry?

(I was curious about that myself!)

I know it DOESN'T say cucumbers...

You look awesome in your new avi!

Christina I hope everything works out with your job and yes, I think stress can effect your weight and not in terms of stress eating. We had a horrible event unfold this week at work and my body has gone bonkers. I got TOM for 2 hours and then it stopped and hasn't come back, my sleep has been erratic, my eyelids swelled up and the last 2 mornings I have been fatigued and I'm normally a morning person. I've been jumpy and have resorted to playing stupid games on my phone to unwind in the middle of the day. On a positive note DW and I have gone to the track almost every night since this happened some that has helped relieve some stress and take my mind off "things" that I can't discuss with anyone <sigh>

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 08-08-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

LCG, I tried a variation of the Gimlet tonight. It's coconut vodka, Rose's lime juice with a splash of HWC. I put it all in a shaker with ice, then strained it. Yummo!! Now I feel like I am drinking a pina colada!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula 67 View Post
Holy cow calichris! How is that even allowed by contract?
Apparently it isn't ... it's a charter school so there aren't as many regulations as a traditional public school, but it's still outside our current agreement. The teacher's union is working on it from that angle, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get a great schedule. I've got some plans A, B, and C though, so that helps. Also, job interview Monday! Thanks everyone for listening and for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Christina I hope everything works out with your job and yes, I think stress can effect your weight and not in terms of stress eating. We had a horrible event unfold this week at work and my body has gone bonkers. I got TOM for 2 hours and then it stopped and hasn't come back, my sleep has been erratic, my eyelids swelled up and the last 2 mornings I have been fatigued and I'm normally a morning person. I've been jumpy and have resorted to playing stupid games on my phone to unwind in the middle of the day. On a positive note DW and I have gone to the track almost every night since this happened some that has helped relieve some stress and take my mind off "things" that I can't discuss with anyone <sigh>
Cucumbers! That made me laugh.

Carly, it must be hard not to be able to talk about your work situation with anyone. I understand the need for confidentiality in your field, but it must be difficult not to say anything sometimes. I'm sorry it (whatever it is!) happened and that you are going through the stress. Great call on the track ... I've been doing a lot of walking too & I think it helps, especially when I get so worked up I can't sit still!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula 67 View Post
Holy cow calichris! How is that even allowed by contract?
Apparently it isn't ... it's a charter school so there aren't as many regulations as a traditional public school, but it's still outside our current agreement. The teacher's union is working on it from that angle, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get a great schedule. I've got some plans A, B, and C though, so that helps. Also, job interview Monday! Thanks everyone for listening and for the support.

Quote:

Cucumbers! That made me laugh.

Wow, Carly, it must be hard not to be able to talk about your work situation with anyone. I understand the need for confidentiality in your field, but it must be difficult not to say anything sometimes. I'm sorry it (whatever it is!) happened and that you are going through the stress. Great call on the track ... I've been doing a lot of walking too & I think it helps, especially when I get so worked up I can't sit still!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #98

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It says "I love RND" which stands for Red Nose Day, a UK charity based around comedy and fun which raises money for children's charities worldwide. You can buy a T shirt each year, this is an old one but I love a bit of 'bling'.

After my great DD yesterday I was at goal weight of 126 which is so good before a holiday. UD today and seeing friends tonight, then another good DD planned for tomorrow before I hit all that great German food.

Carly, Christina, hope the stress lifts soon. And hope the job interview goes great!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html

Last edited by Kissa; 08-09-2013 at 05:17 AM..
Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #99

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
LCG, I tried a variation of the Gimlet tonight. It's coconut vodka, Rose's lime juice with a splash of HWC. I put it all in a shaker with ice, then strained it. Yummo!! Now I feel like I am drinking a pina colada!
Mmmmmmm......that sounds divine! I may have to find me some coconut vodka.

Carly, all those physical manifestations of your stress really drive it home. I'm sorry this is affecting you like it is, but you're doing a great job taking it in hand and managing it by keeping your eating and activity on track.

Christina, first good luck on your job intereview! Second, I hope the teachers union has some luck getting it all settled in a satisfactory way. Options are always a good thing. Hopefully you'll have some good ones to choose from!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Stress can really wreck havoc. My poor co-worker, the other person most closely dealing with this issue, could barely stand up straight today. Her back was spasming so badly. My pain level which has been remarkable low really started to ramp back up today. I'm hoping it's due more to the weather and less from the stress, but I don't know.

I've started to have a "trauma like" response to my cell phone ringing or to seeing a 518 phone number (state government). The mental health professionals are going to need some mental health help soon...
Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #101

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I'm so sorry Carly. This sounds like a horrible situation.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #102
the condiment queen

Carly I'm so sad you are going through this!!!! and for strength for you and your co-workers!!

Kissa congrats on goal girl. You look beautiful! Cindy the gimlet sounds yummy!!!

Christina good luck on the interview!

Hello to all you super sweet budds I haven't called out by name!! and love.

XOXO
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Well kiddos, I succumbed to hunger's siren song. I haven't quite had a UD, but it's definitely not a DD anymore. I think I'll not have another DD till Sunday. Anywho, no worries and onward.

Carly, I just read your post. I'm so sorry that things are like this right now. It just seems like an intolerable situation.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 08-09-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #104
the condiment queen

Cindy. I hate it when that happens! But the good news is Tomorrow, your only a DD away!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

For those inclined to pray... Please ask that justice be swift and fair...
I will not pray that this individual gets done to him what he has been accused of doing to others, but I pray that he pays for all crimes committed against the vulnerable. Tonight he is not a free man.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #106

Carly, I don't pray to any one particular deity, but I believe in the power of positive thoughts and I believe in Karma. I'm sending positive, loving, healing thoughts your way, and sincerely requesting the Karma train come and deliver swift and fair justice.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Carly,
Old 08-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Carly ~ Praying for justice and for your poor frazzled nerves.

Christina ~ Asking God too keep your eyes safe.

The doctor is on vacation, so I can't get this tumor thing addressed before my August 26 vacation to see GRANDBABIES!!! Unfortunately, my pain level is such that I was expecting a steroid pack or shots, and won't be able to get those for the long long travel. (4 hours to the airport, long flight, 4 more hours by car). Why did my baby girl have to move to British Columbia??

I am now down 11 pounds from JUDDDing! I have been reserving judgment on whether I think this is working, and now that it has passed the ten-pound mark, I'm on board with both feet!

This is infinitely more doable than Stillman's or low-calorie or even low-carb, and I eat what I want today or tomorrow, all the time!! I do have to admit that the hunger was pretty intense yesterday. WORTH it!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #109

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry you are suffering this way Christine. I know how hard it is living away from our families. I am delighted that you are enjoying JUDD, yes, sometimes the hungries hit on a DD but, as you say, it's almost tomorrow...

I hope that justice prevails Carly, tough justice too. Thinking of you.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #110
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Well 10 days back on JUDDD and I'm down 2lbs. I call that a success since I went from pretty strict low-cab to adding back in starchy/grain carbs occasionally
Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #111
Administrator

Quote:
For those inclined to pray... Please ask that justice be swift and fair...
I will not pray that this individual gets done to him what he has been accused of doing to others, but I pray that he pays for all crimes committed against the vulnerable. Tonight he is not a free man.
that justice is served.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Christina

It's sad that our school systems allows our teachers (treasures) to wear them
selves out with inconsiderate schedules. Prayers going for you to make a
rightful decision for yourself. We cannot expect the quality that a teacher can
give to our young ones when they are worn to a frazzle.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Barbo for those kind words! This really resonates with me:

Quote:
We cannot expect the quality that a teacher can
give to our young ones when they are worn to a frazzle.
Even if I would not go crazy teaching six grade levels, I wouldn't be able to give the teaching quality the students deserve, and that is why I can't accept that schedule.

I now have two job interviews Monday (one was a surprise!), so I went shopping today for an interview outfit. This is my least favorite shopping to do because I usually wind up spending a lot for clothes that I hardly ever wear! It was pretty frustrating because of the in-between sizes problem I mentioned on Cindy's plus size clothing thread. I found a Talbot's jacket in a pretty shade of blue with 3/4 sleeves in a 16P that was half off, and I bought that, but I don't know if I feel 100% confident in it. It was the best thing I could find today after 4 hours of shopping, though, and it's pretty good if not amazing. I may go out again!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #114

Today has been a pretty stressful day. We were on our way to brunch and were the 5th car in a 6 car pileup on the freeway. We're all sore and pretty beat up, but walked away, and we're so thankful for that. The car in front of us had stopped, and we stopped with enough room, but the car behind us did NOT stop, and slammed into us, pushing us into the car in front of us. Keira hit her head but is doing well. DH and I are both having back and neck pain, but nothing too serious, though I know tomorrow will be rough. We have muscle relaxers, prescription Ibuprofen, and Vicodin. I thoroughly expect my weight to be all over the place the next few days.

DH took pictures when his truck was on the flatbed, but I haven't asked him to forward them to me yet. If I'm mobile tomorrow, I may post some.

On a weird note, the woman who hit us got checked out in the ambulance with us and her name is also Dawn and she's my age. Odd.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Dawn! I'm so sorry you all had such a scary experience. So thankful you're all OK. It's also a good thing that the guy behind you will be at fault for the damages. Take care of yourself! Hugs (gentle ones) to you and your family.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh no Dawn! How are you guys? You are the 4th person I know who had a car accident in the last 48 hours. Take care of yourself
Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Dawn I hope you and your family feel better!

Good luck on your job interviews Chris.....I havent been so lucky. I have applied every where and anywhere I could....and not one phone call! I thought maybe with kids going off to college some things would open up....but no nothing yet! Its been 6 weeks of looking for me now. Thats why I havent been around here..... Kinda depressing about the lack of hiring around our county.........But on a good note, my cupboards and all the likes are clean and rid of junk! I have room now to add more junk!! lol!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

So sorry to hear that Dawn! I'm glad you and your family are okay, but I know it was traumatic.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
So sorry to hear of your accident Dawn. I'm glad you all walked away, take care today and heal well.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #120
Administrator

Dawn I hope you all are feeling ok today.
Closed Thread