Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
So sorry to hear about the loss and health problems Slow. I'm sure your poor neighbors are very appreciative of your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Carly, Slow and all

Carly, my DH drove "Special Ed" kids to school for years and always had
a special relationship to the parents. He thought this was very good for the
children. We have had these wonderful people in our lives for years.
It is appalling to know that there are less than kind people working in this
situation. These children and parents need lots of love and support.

I want to tell you of a wonderful experience that we had yesterday.
It was an UP Day for me and we went to "The Sizzler" in El Toro for a
Sunday meal. Right next to us was a table with one elderly and very
disabled woman, and two women who were mother and daughter.
You could tell right away that the younger woman was the care giver.
Our old lady was terribly bent and unable to speak clearly, yet she was
able to feed herself and boy did she have a hearty appetite. Her care
giver was so very patient while her charge ate everything on her plate,
caregiver only having to cut meat etc. It took her an incredibly long time
to finish. Yet the other ladies were so kind and patient that we started a
conversation with them. There are kind souls in this world who love and
harbor those that need our help as they become sick or aged or just
plain need our help. Thanks be to God for them and for you and all
the others who are so good.

Slow you are appreciated for being a kind and caring neighbor!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
You girls are wonderful!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
Its great to hear there are others who are good neighbors, willing to take the time and energy to be supportive. Thank you for caring!

I can not fathom being less than kind to special needs children. This hurts my heart to think about. Why is there so much cruelty in the world? I think I know...but will not pontificate on that subject.

Yesterday was a down day for me, and it turned out not being very down. It was an incredibly stressful day with too much going on, and I made poor food choices. Moving on....enjoying the UD today and have probably already ate too much but will be extra careful that tomorrow is a true DD! sigh...

We now have air conditioning again....my son in law was replacing ours and ran into too many problems...then the dishwasher broke. I have washed up three sinks of dishes. I don't like washing dishes!! Trying to suck it up and just do it.

Tomorrow I have a chiropractic appointment, then lunch with an old friend and her children at the farmer's market. They have a wonderful lunch line with lots of veggies, which I plan to eat some of as its a DD day. I will stock up on baby cukes...they rock for DDs!!

Off to serve up dinner...we are having lasagna made with gluten free noodles.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Dawn, welcome back!
Sounds like your daughter is a real treasure.

Carly, I am so sad that you have to go through this garbage! My grandson is autistic, and for the life of me I can't imaging anyone wanting to do harm to a special needs person of any age.

Last weekend we spent a few days out of town with our sons, and ate lots of good food for three UD's, and what do you think the scale did? It went way down after my first DD back. It was at 183.6, which is the second time that it got under 184. (I don't "count" it as a real figure until I can hit it twice, although that's probably foolish.)

I got some interesting news from my orthopedist on my rotator cuff that won't heal up. Seems there is a big ole enchondroma (bone tumor) that has spread into the top of my humerus. I'm getting a bone scan on Thursday. I'm really wanting to lose some weight so that my joints will feel better!! I just know this is going to help. I have hit 8 lbs lost on JUDDD in less than 2 months, so I'm starting to believe that it can happen!! Even with my horrible metabolism.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Dawn, welcome back!
Sounds like your daughter is a real treasure.

Carly, I am so sad that you have to go through this garbage! My grandson is autistic, and for the life of me I can't imaging anyone wanting to do harm to a special needs person of any age.

Last weekend we spent a few days out of town with our sons, and ate lots of good food for three UD's, and what do you think the scale did? It went way down after my first DD back. It was at 183.6, which is the second time that it got under 184. (I don't "count" it as a real figure until I can hit it twice, although that's probably foolish.)

I got some interesting news from my orthopedist on my rotator cuff that won't heal up. Seems there is a big ole enchondroma (bone tumor) that has spread into the top of my humerus. I'm getting a bone scan on Thursday. I'm really wanting to lose some weight so that my joints will feel better!! I just know this is going to help. I have hit 8 lbs lost on JUDDD in less than 2 months, so I'm starting to believe that it can happen!! Even with my horrible metabolism.
Wow, Christine, I had to look up enchondroma. How scary! At least they're normally benign, but that still sucks!

Thanks for the welcome back. Keira is definitely a great kid. Welcome back to you, too. I'm glad your weekend was good AND you didn't gain (unlike me! ).
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi every one. a question to the gals who are at goal or losing a lot. How often do you redo your numbers to loose? I just got to thinking about this and wondered if it was like WW where you redo them after every 10 . I don't remember reading that in the book. Just wondering. Back to lowest number so heading to 154 for Labor Day .

Went to eye doctor yesterday. My preasure in operated eye has went down to 1/2 should be about 10 to 13. No signs of eye colapesing yet or any signs of any thing else wrong. Reading went down from 25 to 30 due to low number. I should jump back up when and if pressure comes back. I am in a very scarey place right at the moment. DR. says it is nothing I have done the eye is doing it to its self. Anybody that says prayers please add me to your list and your church list. It needs to get away from this 1/2 right now before it does any damage. The first operated eye is down to 1 so I have a 1 and a 1/2 should be atleast a 10 and 10. He says I am reading good and see long distance good (with out glasses) and all is well to start driving for school.

Thanks in advance to any one who adds me to their prayers. Love all of you. Hope you all loose today.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #68

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Hi every one. a question to the gals who are at goal or losing a lot. How often do you redo your numbers to loose? I just got to thinking about this and wondered if it was like WW where you redo them after every 10 . I don't remember reading that in the book. Just wondering. Back to lowest number so heading to 154 for Labor Day .

Went to eye doctor yesterday. My preasure in operated eye has went down to 1/2 should be about 10 to 13. No signs of eye colapesing yet or any signs of any thing else wrong. Reading went down from 25 to 30 due to low number. I should jump back up when and if pressure comes back. I am in a very scarey place right at the moment. DR. says it is nothing I have done the eye is doing it to its self. Anybody that says prayers please add me to your list and your church list. It needs to get away from this 1/2 right now before it does any damage. The first operated eye is down to 1 so I have a 1 and a 1/2 should be atleast a 10 and 10. He says I am reading good and see long distance good (with out glasses) and all is well to start driving for school.

Thanks in advance to any one who adds me to their prayers. Love all of you. Hope you all loose today.
The general consensus is to not change your numbers until/if you stop losing for several weeks. Some of us lowered them too soon and stalled, then starting losing again once we went back to our higher numbers. For me, that was about every 30 pounds or so.

I'm so sorry about your eyes. I don't pray, but am sending you all the good thoughts and energy I can.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #69
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I haven't kept up with this thread but wow
For everyone who needs a or a or a it's so great to see and know the juddd buddds are always here.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Sending prayers your way, Windygap. Eyesight is so precious. I can't imagine having to face losing it.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Windygap, I'll be sending and good thoughts your way. That does sound scary. Take care!

I agree with Dawn on the calories. If you're still losing well, don't change anything. There's plenty of time for that later when losses slow or stop altogether.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #72

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I will be thinking of you Windygap, too. I cannot imagine how worried you must be. I only have focal vision in one eye, but I was born that way and know no different.

Hope you are coping with your situation too Carly.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Thanks to all who wrote to me. I just got back from work and needed totals for Applebee's so I had to get back on the comp. Yes it is scary. We had to go to get our route sheets today so we can bid next Mon. So my friend and her mother all went to Applebee's and I had no idea what any of their numbers were. I am sure I probably went over. You might know on the day I hit my lowest number again after vacation. I know I will try lowcarbgal and Carly's coffee and heavy cream for DD tomorrow maybe that will help.

Thanks to all for thoughts and prayers. Thanks Dawn You are so great
Old 08-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Sorry girls I must have hit the wrong key I lost my mouse pointer and all of a sudden it printed the message before I was done.

Yes my eyes are very scary right now. Nothing I have done or can correct. Nothing I did on vacation did this it just keeps moveing. The day before sugery I was 19 then the day after it was 0 then 2 days later a 10 and then a 5 3 2 1 now 1/2. As long as God keeps it blowed up I am ok. If I loose vision I may not get it back. So that being said I will concentrate on Juddd to keep my mind off it.

Thanks to Carol and Dawn for the number info. I could not remember if I was to change in the near future. I am back down to 156 so now I have 2 more to hit my Labor Day Chall. See you all later. Tired eyes are going to rest. Byee!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
MS Windy Gap

You are in my prayers for your eyes. Will pray for your healed eyes.
Keep us all informed. Congrats on 156. You are on our list for prayer.

Thanks everyone for your help.
I went back up to where I started JUDDD. I am disappointed.
Decided to give it a month and see if it leads me to a loss. I was encouraged
by going down from 161 to 159.5 but it didn't last.

Char's right, Juddd Budds are so friendly and helpful.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Windy, my thoughts are with you while you face this scary possibility, and I will be hoping for the best.

Barb, have you started eating more on your UDs? If you've only been eating your calculated numbers for a short while (I know you were undereating for a while), it might take a little bit to show on the scale.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post

Prayers have been said.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Many prayers for WINDYGAP.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
Start Date: July 2013
I am praying for healing for your eyes, Windygap. That is frightening.

Today was a DD for me, and I did much better then usual. I spent a good part of the day out, but I think it may have helped that I had a chiropractic appt. She adjusted a bunch of things for me, and I feel better already.

Like Barbo, I am a bit disappointed in the scale. It seems to not want to move. Well, except up. I am trying to tweak a bit and go with lower carbs. We shall see....
Old 08-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Payers to you windygap ...I am sending you alot of good vibes!!I am also having trouble getting the scale to move down so I am hoping after my DD today that I will weigh tomorrow morning and find a loss!!!::
Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Has anyone seen Pami around here lately? I miss her enthusiasm.

Hope everyone's having a great morning...mine is sleepy lol. I think I'm going to wear a skirt to work for the first time in about 8 years. I found a long skirt in my closet last night that is that old, or older, but it still looks good. It's an Express and it was given to me by a friend (hand-me-down). She always cut all the sizes out of her clothes, so I don't know what size it is. Does Express go over size 16? 14? 10 years ago? Just curious.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 08-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
for Windygap!

Has anyone noticed a correlation between stress and weirdness on the scale? On 7/31 I got work news* that has really stressed me out, and I've been fretting constantly over it ever since. The day after I got the news, I hit a new low, but the day after that I jumped up three pounds and for the rest of the week have stayed there, within .03 of a pound, with hardly any UD/DD bounce. Just the lack of bounce for six days is very unusual for me.

*The work news is that I found out two weeks before school starts that I had been assigned to teach English to grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 next year. That is six grade levels (for an 86% position). It is due to organizational restructuring and enrollment changes that reduced the number of classes we are able to offer and also means we are overstaffed. I don't think I can physically handle this schedule (I had four levels last year and that was too many), so I'm having to think of options, quickly.

Last edited by calichris; 08-07-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Paula 67
Stats: 280/216.4/174
WOE: Primal/Paleo w/ ADF
Start Date: September 24, 2010, JUDDD August 1, 2013
Holy cow calichris! How is that even allowed by contract? We can have no more than three levels, five classes total. ie. Last year , I taught Spanish II, Spanish III & College I. I had 2 classes of each of the higher levels and one sp II. If they have to give us 4 "preps", then they have to give a concession for more prep time.

That would upset me too.
Sorry.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

That does sound daunting, Chris!! I hope you can figure out some viable options.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Christina! I can imagine that you have been stressed. I admire you teachers so much - I know I couldn't do it. As far as stress and weight, I've always gained during times of stress (except acute stress like a death or severe illness when I just stop eating altogether) even if my eating doesn't change. I wonder if it's general inflammation in response to the stress.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do career wise. Keep us posted?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, congratulations on the dress! I haven't worn my new skirt yet, but I am wearing shorts today - long walking style shorts but it's the first time in years for me too!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
You are in my prayers, Windygap!! Hope your eyes are back to normal really soon!

Christina, I think there is a connection between stress and the scale! People keep talking about "stress eating," but I have tracked my intake through the Lose It app for so long, that I know it's not the food doing it. Hope things ease up there for you, it sounds crazy!

I was wearing a skirt today and noticed something really cool....My legs didn't chafe together! Must be the 9 pounds I lost were from my thunder thighs. Now to get rid of the jelly-belly, back rolls, and massive "Mama-caboose" and I'll be really happy!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Thanks every one for prayers. As long as the eye tolerates the low pressure I will be ok.
If either eye start to deflate like a beach ball I am in big trouble. Enough said, I don't want to think about it.

Christina how do they aloud that. I don't think our schools are aloud to do that. That is crazy! You must be going crazy now. I know I would be. My prayers are with you on this.

Cindy and smallerizing, Great news on wearing skirts. I too schafe with skirts and have not wore one for awhile. Congrats. girls
Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Kissa (Cindy) you look positively radiant in your new avi! Your tiny tee shirt says "I ..." What? NY? London?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Kissa (Cindy) you look positively radiant in your new avi! Your tiny tee shirt says "I ..." What? NY? London?
.....Cats? Wine? Curry?

(I was curious about that myself!)
Closed Thread