Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back to JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808949-back-juddd.html)

Dottie 07-30-2013 09:30 AM

Back to JUDDD

I don't really know why I left :laugh:
JUDDD is the only plan I've been 99% happy with and losing weight steadily.
I jumped ship, went back to just lowcarb and promptly started binging and re-gaining most of my JUDDD losses.
I know I need to watch for the night time binges though.
I don't know what set them off.
I was thinking it was JUDDD, but looking back at the pattern, I think it was that I was feeling very restricted on strictly low-carb.

My (reasonable) goal settings:
UDs: around 1700 cals with no more than 100g carbs
DDs: I lost best on about 650-700 cals on DD's before, so I'll start there.

elphie124 07-30-2013 09:35 AM

Welcome back! I've been weeding through a bunch of old threads learning as much as I can about JUDDD and I'm seeing your posts all over the place! Nice to have you in "real time" as well. :shake:

MintQ8 07-30-2013 09:39 AM

Welcome back!

tobelowcarber 07-30-2013 09:46 AM

:welcome: back, Dottie! I also just came back to JUDDD and ask myself, why did I quit. Best of luck to you!

Dottie 07-30-2013 10:11 AM

Best of luck to you as well, Marika:)

Oh I need to break out the treadmill, too. Too hot to walk outside lol.

SlowSure 07-30-2013 10:27 AM

JUDDD is like a benign Hotel California :)

Good to see you posting :)

LoCarbGal 07-30-2013 10:42 AM

Welcome back Dottie!

Librarygirl 07-30-2013 10:48 AM

Welcome back!!!

Dottie 07-30-2013 11:00 AM

Carly 07-30-2013 11:01 AM

Welcome back!

Babsbabs 07-30-2013 11:41 AM

Hi Dottie! I am glad to see you back too!:)

kgirlpure 07-30-2013 11:49 AM

Hi everyone! I am Back also....took a little break...family was in town for a month, vacation , vacation, vacation. didn't gain just really haven't moved in the direction I had goaled for. but I have decided to make August my stick to it month. I did try to do Judd with carbs....( I am low carbing it) but found I was tired, was hard to make it through my runs without something to eat first, and my knee started to ache. so went back on low carb and no aching in my knee, tiredness was gone and can make it through the run without eating( good on my down days...because I found if I start eating early I wont stop and then there goes my DD!) so my goal for August is to get to 145 or lower!:aprayer: wish me luck. New faces I see ...but I see Carly is still here cheering ever one on!

Flutter 07-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16537263)
JUDDD is like a benign Hotel California :)

Good to see you posting :)

:hyst::heart: Love that!! (ok, so I am a huge Eagles fan!)

Welcome Back dottie!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgirlpure (Post 16537415)
Hi everyone! I am Back also....took a little break...family was in town for a month, vacation , vacation, vacation. didn't gain just really haven't moved in the direction I had goaled for. but I have decided to make August my stick to it month. I did try to do Judd with carbs....( I am low carbing it) but found I was tired, was hard to make it through my runs without something to eat first, and my knee started to ache. so went back on low carb and no aching in my knee, tiredness was gone and can make it through the run without eating( good on my down days...because I found if I start eating early I wont stop and then there goes my DD!) so my goal for August is to get to 145 or lower!:aprayer: wish me luck. New faces I see ...but I see Carly is still here cheering ever one on!

WB kgirl!!!

zipp2play 07-30-2013 12:30 PM

Welcome back to you BOTH!

Barbo 07-30-2013 12:38 PM

Welcome back all.

Slow/Sure:

This little turtle knows that "she can check out, but she can NEVER leave":jumpjoy:

I'm new so most are just getting to know me a little bit.
Today is an UUP day and I'm supposed to have 1,600 cals.
Wowser that is a lot. But my plans are Mexican restaurant.

Wishing everyone a day that makes you happy with yourself.

Luv2Eat 07-30-2013 01:54 PM

Welcome back, Dottie! SlowSure, so :hyst: about the Hotel California reference! I may check out sometimes, but don't ever plan to leave :high5:

DestinClair1983 07-30-2013 02:25 PM

Welcome back to you both!

Carly 07-30-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Where else would I be? It doesn't get better that eat what you want (within reason) EOD and lose weight! Right? Welcome back!

E.W. 07-30-2013 03:09 PM

About a year ago I let some emotional issues force me back to the food. I have tried
a lot of times to start back and couldn't make it past 2 days. Well today is day 5 and my 3rd good down day. But there is one thing about JUDDD that I don't like you have to
change your weight loss stats so darn ofton. I lost another 2 pounds of water bloat
yesterday.

LoCarbGal 07-30-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Welcome back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.W. (Post 16537728)
About a year ago I let some emotional issues force me back to the food. I have tried
a lot of times to start back and couldn't make it past 2 days. Well today is day 5 and my 3rd good down day. But there is one thing about JUDDD that I don't like you have to
change your weight loss stats so darn ofton. I lost another 2 pounds of water bloat
yesterday.

:rofl: Yep, that's a real problem all right. One I can live with!

KJ-43 07-31-2013 07:07 PM

Welcome back Dottie....I came back last Friday. I said I was going to start on Monday but just jump back in. Feeling pretty good right now and its my DD.
:high5:

sloppail 07-31-2013 07:19 PM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Back to everyone!!

Kim :heart:

bbnot 07-31-2013 10:11 PM

Hi Dottie

I was also happy with JUDDD and losing slowly but steadily, but bailed for reasons I can no longer recall. After reading your post, I decided to get back onboard. Good luck!

SlowSure 07-31-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ-43 (Post 16539747)
I came back last Friday. I said I was going to start on Monday but just jump back in. Feeling pretty good right now and its my DD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbnot (Post 16539943)
I was also happy with JUDDD...I decided to get back onboard. Good luck!

Well, :hiya: and :welcome: back to our JUDDD re-booters (we definitely need an icon for that).

It's uncanny how it just draws you back :)

It looks like your previous experiences of JUDDD will put you in good standing to make and maintain your current goals.

LoCarbGal 07-31-2013 11:26 PM

Lots of returners - this is great! Welcome back to all of you!

dodo121 08-01-2013 01:04 AM

Welcome back!
I came from low carb and I thought it would be a piece of cake, since I loooooove meat, but after a while, there were just too many restrictions. I wish I found JUDDD earlier. This is a diet I can do long term....hope you stay this time!

Flutter 08-01-2013 05:05 AM

WB KJ & BB!!! :heart:

E.W. 08-01-2013 05:17 AM

I have been back and have lost some of the bloat. Well yesterday was an up day and
today I am back up 2 lbs but thats still 6 lbs down from when I started back. Last time
when doing JUDDD my athritis just about cleared up and it already is better this time.

Before I started JUDDD the last time I had 4 small skin cyst only one was realy bothering
me. About the time i started JUDDD I was thinking about going to a dermatologist and have that cyst looked at. Well i put it off a while and darn if 3 of the 4 cyst just slowley faided into nothing. The 4th one shrank till it is only 1/4 as large as it was and was still
shrinking when stoped doing JUDDD about a year ago. I sort of wonder if it will start back shrinking again !

SlowSure 08-01-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodo121 (Post 16540039)
I wish I found JUDDD earlier. This is a diet I can do long term

Good to meet you Dodo - :welcome: and I hope you discover that JUDDD and you can rub along together well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.W. (Post 16540177)
I have been back and have lost some of the bloat. ...Last time when doing JUDDD my athritis just about cleared up and it already is better this time.

:hiya: to another JUDDD re-booter and I hope that JUDDD does just as much for you this time as it did on a previous occasion. :)

Some of the new people and re-booters from a while ago, it might be helpful if you wouldn't mind also introducing yourselves on this thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-newbies.html It might allow more people to meet you and is a good place to share experiences with other :newbie: :newbie: or re-booters and ask questions.

windygap 08-01-2013 06:38 AM

Welcome back everybody! Enjoy the party!