Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Hello! Advice please (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808849-hello-advice-please.html)

Okkin 07-29-2013 04:09 AM

Hello! Advice please

Hi all I'm new here :) I've been on LC and lurking the forums for about 5 months now and have lost a total of 18kg wohoo!!! I started to stall so thought I would switch to Judd. I've done 2 up days and a down day with no struggle but I've gained 3kg!!!! I'm feeling very disheartened and don't know what to do!

SlowSure 07-29-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okkin (Post 16535132)
I started to stall so thought I would switch to Judd. I've done 2 up days and a down day with no struggle but I've gained 3kg!!!! I'm feeling very disheartened and don't know what to do!

:hiya: Okkin, I think we'd need a lot more detail before any of us might be able to make a useful comment.

You had 2 UDs, separated by a 500kcal DD and you've gained 3kg from the weight on your first UD?

I think we'd need to know your basic details (age, height, weight, sex) before we can check calculations. We'd also need to know if you'd eaten an unusual amount of sodium, been trapped on a plane or on a long drive, or had a very hard workout.

Unless something very odd happened, don't be disheartened, and even then - just acknowledge the oddness and let your morale improve anyway. :)

Okkin 07-29-2013 06:37 AM

Thanks for your reply :) I'm doing 2000 & 500 calories. I might need to make adjustments I'm not sure... I'm 28, female, 172cm & currently 92kg

The weird thing to me is that I lost a bit after my first UD and the 3kg gain was after the first DD! Today which is my 2nd UD

Eating nothing unusual or salty... I'm still sticking to law carb and combining the methods... Maybe I should eat carbs?

Ohhhhh so confusing. Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing and its just water weight or my body adjusting

piglet513 07-29-2013 06:39 AM

Some people gain a little after a DD because their body holds more water on the DD. I don't know if this is true for you or not. I would see how it goes for a week or two to see if you level out. :) I came here from low carb and gained weight at first, but I had reintroduced carbs.

Okkin 07-29-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks, I'm going to try and stick it out for 2 weeks unless the scales keep going up. I want some of this JUDD magic too! :D

Okkin 07-29-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks, I'm going to try and stick it out for 2 weeks unless the scales keep going up. I want some of this JUDD magic too! :D

Sirtain 07-29-2013 07:06 AM

One thing I have found very helpful(been JUDDDing for almost five months) is that I track my weight every day, but I also do a two-day average. So my weight graph has a light zig-zag line that darts up and down. It is not unusual for my weight to vary by four or five pounds from Up Day to Down Day. There is a darker line(my averages) that does a mostly slow glide downward.

At first, I used the averages line as a reminder that even though I dance around, I am losing. And I still look at it. But I kind of like seeing my weight go up and down now. Don't know why, but I am very much less attached to the emotion. I don't think of the highs as bad, or the lows as good. They just ARE. I think JUDDD is making me zen. :)

LoCarbGal 07-29-2013 07:20 AM

Welcome to JUDDD! I know how disheartening it can be to see the scale go up. But the others are right about letting your body settle into this new eating pattern and see what happens over the next couple of weeks. My bet is that you'll start seeing the downward trend, with all the bouncing that is JUDDD. Hang in there! And post here as much as you can. It really does help!

sterlinggirl 07-29-2013 08:09 AM

welcome to JUDD and just keep to the rotations the best you can with the amt of calories it says and the JUDDD magic will happen..

Goner 07-29-2013 09:55 AM

I'll add encouragement. Keep on JUDDING and tracking calories and weight - and before you know it, the magic will happen!

Okkin 07-29-2013 04:34 PM

Thanks for the welcomes! Another gain this morning :( 3.4kg gain in total now (not sure what that is in pounds sorry)
I don't look like I've gained anything though, in fact my pants are looser! Very strange indeed!
I'm going to start graphing my weights as of today.

piglet513 07-29-2013 05:27 PM

Maybe track your measurements?

arkie1 07-29-2013 09:38 PM

:welcome: Did you come straight from lc to JUDDD, and did you start eating more carbs? You body may just be getting used to being fed carbs, if this is the case. Just give it a little more time, and you should see the water weight start going down. Just follow your numbers, and all should be good! :high5:

Carole

Flutter 07-30-2013 03:59 AM

Just keep swimming....(errrr, Juddding!) :laugh: Seriously, though, just like the girls have said: keep the rotations up & have faith. It will work!! you are just adjusting. I know how scary it is, though, wondering if you're the only one it won't work for. :heart: You can do this!!! OH! Welcome, too!!

Dottie 07-30-2013 10:35 AM

I never weigh after a DD because I always either gain or show no loss ;)
Weird as it is, it seems pretty common :)

Okkin 07-30-2013 07:16 PM

Weighed in again this morning... Another small gain :( :mad:

MintQ8 07-30-2013 11:30 PM

It's frustrating but just ignore it! It will work!

SlowSure 07-31-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okkin (Post 16536163)
Another gain this morning :( 3.4kg gain in total now (not sure what that is in pounds sorry)

It's 7.48lbs which is rather a head scratcher.

If it's not something obvious like your scales malfunctioning could you please give us the detail of what you're doing and whether you came straight from LC and started eating carbs? Because if you did, and this is water weight, it's unsettling but it will go. If it's just straight water weight then something's going on that will need to stabilise itself.

One thing I do know, it's highly unlikely you've eaten an excess of >26,000kcals recently, which is what it would have to be for that 7.48lbs to be fat gain.

Okkin 07-31-2013 01:52 AM

I've not gone to carbs, I'm basically eating the same thing as I was on LC just now transferred it to JUDD method. The only thing I could possibly think of is I've increased my dairy consumption a little bit? It's just very strange. I really realllyyyy want this too work for me as I've read all about it and it seems like a plan I could definatly stick to for life. Plus all the other benefits!

The other thing is on my DD I've been having 2 protein shakes as my foods. Although I had those previously with no problems. Sigh.

Hopefully it's water weight and I see a loss soon, it's just so depressing seeing the scales go up when I'm trying so hard!!

MintQ8 07-31-2013 02:51 AM

I had a 10lb gain, 5 of those lbs have gone now - but it took 10 days! The rest will go too. I think it can be related to hormones, salt, bloating, water retention - who knows what. All I can suggest, is don't give up, keep on JUDDDing - if not this, then what?

I'm sure one of the reasons I am so overweight is because I kept jumping around diets.

Re-read and sounds a little 'stern', I don't mean to be, just typing on my iPad!

Good luck!

Okkin 07-31-2013 03:35 AM

Thanks Vicky :) I appreciate your advice. I'll definately give it at least 2 weeks.

Carly 07-31-2013 03:46 AM

2000/500 may not be the correct calories, did you get those calories from Dr. Johnson's website? I know you gave us stats in metric, but that is of no use to me. Just make certain you have the correct UD number.

I almost always show a little gain after DD and weight less at night than I do in the morning... I'm just backward.

SlowSure 07-31-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16538417)
2000/500 may not be the correct calories, did you get those calories from Dr. Johnson's website?

JUDDD calculator yields UD 2066 and DD 413 (at 20% WLM) so Okkin is definitely within bounds, particularly as it's induction.

Imperial measurement is approx. 67.5 to 68 inches or around 5ft 7-8inches. 92kg is approx 203lbs although there seems to have been an additional upswing of almost 8lbs since starting?

Okkin 07-31-2013 04:17 AM

I'm also still in ketosis! :confused:

Dottie 07-31-2013 06:43 AM

Can you post exactly what you've eaten the last up day and down day?
Maybe there's a clue in there :)

Okkin 07-31-2013 04:22 PM

:cry:Another morning & another weigh in. I quit.

Librarygirl 07-31-2013 04:37 PM

So sorry Okkin. That just doesn't make sense because you're eating the same exact foods, except less of it. It seems like you'd naturally lose.:dunno: Maybe you could post your typical menu? I understand if you just don't want to continue, however it may just be that you're calculating wrong or something.:confused:

Dottie 07-31-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okkin (Post 16539566)
:cry:Another morning & another weigh in. I quit.

It's really hard to help you if you won't post what you're eating. The more info you can give, the better advice can be given.

Carly 07-31-2013 04:51 PM

I really hope you post your menu before you quit.

Okkin 07-31-2013 06:09 PM

Hello, sorry it took a bit of time converting everything from kilojoules to calories.

This is from yesterday's UP and the DD before that. I had not eaten anything yet today as its only 9am.

DD
L - protein shake 150cal
S - Shake again 150cal
D - Homemade veggie soup approx 100cal

Total around 400cal

UD yesterday

B - LC mug muffin made with almond meal & topped with some whipped cream 750cal
L - 2 hard boiled eggs
- small can tuna
- mayo
Approx 360cal
S - Macadamia nuts 200cal
D - cauliflower crust pizza 550cal

Aprox 1900cal

I also have 3 cups of coffee (black with sweetener) per day.

:sad: