Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Maintenance ROCKS!!!!! (as does Juddd, of course!) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808848-maintenance-rocks-does-juddd-course.html)

Flutter 07-29-2013 05:02 AM

Maintenance ROCKS!!!!! (as does Juddd, of course!)
 
I am just back from a whirlwind, crazy, insane, but super fun 10 day across the country road trip vaca. I did NOT follow rotations. Well, I did manage 2 super low DDs while gone, but otherwise, I just tracked calories and did my best. I will update on the weight thread when I can, but I am volunteering for my DS's band camp this week and just had to pop in here after I <begrudgingly> got on the scale this morning.

Yesterday was my 2nd UD in a row after an 80 cal DD Friday.

135

Seriously. I could cry!!! :heart::jumpjoy: We did do a lot of walking, but also ALOT of driving. Anyhoo, back to a DD at band camp today but just wanted to shout out while I could pop in. Boy oh boy, this is refreshing. I could even 5:2 if I wanted. I plan on continuing EOD rotations, but still, so. many. options! Good golly this is freeing! I've never been able to maintain before! I HAVE HOPE!

Ok, gotta run! Miss you all, look forward to catching up ASAP. :heart:

Goner 07-29-2013 05:04 AM

Thank you for the encouragement with maintenance. It is a worry of mine - and so wonderful when others rejoice in how it works! Continued success.

Flutter 07-29-2013 05:19 AM

Goner, I totally understand girl! Maintenance scares me. It's always been impossible for me. I'm really good at losing, and especially at regaining. ;) I posted because maintainers are what brought me here and gave me the courage to try again. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I can't wait to see you!!! (PS: you already are!) :heart:

zipp2play 07-29-2013 06:17 AM

Sounds like everything was great. Vacation, JUDDD, Maintenance AND Band camp! You are living LIFE girl!

Scarlett46 07-29-2013 07:19 AM

Welcome back!!! And with great news! So glad you have found something that is working for you long term. You are looking great!

sterlinggirl 07-29-2013 07:25 AM

Awesome! Nice to see that JUDDD is working for you AND you got to enjoy life in the mean time. :heart: JUDDD is Magic as we all know~ So thirlled to read such great news here when i first logged on~ Congrats girl~

Sirtain 07-29-2013 08:10 AM

Woohoo! That's what we like to hear. Congratulations. It is so nice to see someone maintaining.

windygap 07-29-2013 08:13 AM

So glad you are back and had a great time. You did great girl! You are one of the girls who turned me on to JUDDD and I thank you for being there for us to see how this way of eating works. I just got back with a 4 lb gain. I ate wild all week and came home and started right back in with a DD yesterday. I had a 2 lb. gain before I left because it was a up day. I love it that you can be so active and still maintain. Have fun at band camp.

LoCarbGal 07-29-2013 08:16 AM

This is so wonderful to hear Melinda! WOW! It's almost too good to be true, and yet it is true. It's JUDDD! :jumpjoy:

calichris 07-29-2013 09:11 AM

:jumpjoy: SO GREAT! To be able to go away for a week, and do fewer down days, and maintain your goal weight . . . it's a beautiful thing. Well done Melinda! :up:

elphie124 07-29-2013 09:49 AM

Wow! I am excited for you!

Kimmietoo 07-29-2013 10:47 AM

Yay!!! Such fantastic and inspiring news!!! We are all so happy to hear it and so thankful with you for JUDDD magic, and eachother!!!

Kimmie

gotsomeold 07-29-2013 11:42 AM

Hello good people! I have been MIA a looooong time - life started happening and just won't stop. But I dropped by today and this post inspired me to postpone balancing the check book for a few minutes.

I hit 128 early last September. Hung around there for a month then shouted 'Goal!' Since then I went over 130 after the combo birthday/Thanksgiving last year, and again after Christmas. Both times I was back at 128 after two cycles.

JUDDD maintenance is so far beyond anything I have ever experienced before that I don't even know how to describe it.

JUDDD maintenance works.

Use your time in WLM to meet and greet and learn about yourself. Learn how your body reacts to foods. Learn how to tell when your body is reacting to a food so that, if things change, you will not be surprised. Learn what you really like, really love, really don't need as much as you thought you did. Experiment, try new things, celebrate each bounce because each bounce teaches you things you really need to know.

Slide into maintenance so smoothly that buying that new, small size does not invoke even a tiny hint of fear: will this fit in six months? It will. Of course it will. Just enter maintenance knowing everything you learned during WLM.

And knowing you cannot and will not return to mindless eating. Experiment and find the cycle that works for you. Celebrate when an unexpected feast disrupts what should have been a DD. NBD. You know how to enjoy the feast and handle the bounce.

I am unable to be here very often. But I miss you all (even those of you I have never met!).

And I am here, almost a year after calling goal, to say JUDDD maintenance is the easiest and pleasantest WOL I have ever lived.

:high5:

LoCarbGal 07-29-2013 11:44 AM

AWESOME to see you Nancy! You are missed terribly here, but you're living and loving your life, which is wonderful! Just know you're loved around here and it's always a treat when you pop by.

Flutter 07-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16535624)
Hello good people! I have been MIA a looooong time - life started happening and just won't stop. But I dropped by today and this post inspired me to postpone balancing the check book for a few minutes.

I hit 128 early last September. Hung around there for a month then shouted 'Goal!' Since then I went over 130 after the combo birthday/Thanksgiving last year, and again after Christmas. Both times I was back at 128 after two cycles.

JUDDD maintenance is so far beyond anything I have ever experienced before that I don't even know how to describe it.

JUDDD maintenance works.

Use your time in WLM to meet and greet and learn about yourself. Learn how your body reacts to foods. Learn how to tell when your body is reacting to a food so that, if things change, you will not be surprised. Learn what you really like, really love, really don't need as much as you thought you did. Experiment, try new things, celebrate each bounce because each bounce teaches you things you really need to know.

Slide into maintenance so smoothly that buying that new, small size does not invoke even a tiny hint of fear: will this fit in six months? It will. Of course it will. Just enter maintenance knowing everything you learned during WLM.

And knowing you cannot and will not return to mindless eating. Experiment and find the cycle that works for you. Celebrate when an unexpected feast disrupts what should have been a DD. NBD. You know how to enjoy the feast and handle the bounce.

I am unable to be here very often. But I miss you all (even those of you I have never met!).

And I am here, almost a year after calling goal, to say JUDDD maintenance is the easiest and pleasantest WOL I have ever lived.

:high5:

YOU, my dear friend, are who helped me get past a stall when I tried to lower my numbers artificially. You helped me figure out that I needed to raise my numbers back up to keep losing. I GREATLY value your wisdom and posts and am SO happy to hear you are continuing to do so well with maintenance!!! THANK YOU for all the times you are able to check in and all the inspiration, motivation & love that you have shared with us all. :heart:

Kissa 07-29-2013 11:57 AM

Now I am almost in tears too! First because you are so happy with Maintenance Melinda and secondly because NANCY popped by.:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::j umpjoy:

I too have been maintaining forever, and although I am often a little higher than I might wish I am so happy with this way of eating and living. The health benefits alone would make me want to continue.

So very happy for you Melinda. :high5:

Flutter 07-29-2013 11:58 AM

Thanks all, for the sweet words! I just wanted to reach people who are afraid to try again, like I was. You really CAN do it, and you really CAN go on vacation, or like Nancy said, break your rotations to have an unexpected celebration, or just enjoy WHATEVER is going on in your life, and continue to lose weight and/or maintain. It's really possible...and it is most certainly NOT miserable!

Anyhoo, back from band camp and on to vacation laundry!

PS: another much needed DD today and it's a cakewalk. ;)

Flutter 07-29-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16535663)
Now I am almost in tears too! First because you are so happy with Maintenance Melinda and secondly because NANCY popped by.:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jum pjoy:

I too have been maintaining forever, and although I am often a little higher than I might wish I am so happy with this way of eating and living. The health benefits alone would make me want to continue.

So very happy for you Melinda. :high5:

Yes!!! A Nancy sighting! Woohooo!!!

Thanks sweet pea! YOU are another fabulous maintainer that have given me hope to try this plan and that maintenance was possible.

I love our maintainers and cheerleaders!!!!

People out there, please don't lose hope. You can find something that works long term. I know Juddd isn't for everyone, but I sure hope others will TRY and see if it works for them. Words cannot describe how wonderful it is (for ME).

Love to all!!! :heart:

sterlinggirl 07-29-2013 12:10 PM

WOW.. So awesome to hear from Nancy :heart: I miss all the family and i guess thats in part what brought me back

Librarygirl 07-29-2013 12:35 PM

Like!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: So happy this is working so well for you, Flutter. I already knew that, but it's good to know that maintenance is going great too.:hugs:

Good to hear from you, Nancy! Pop in more often, even for a brief sentence or two. :) I am interested in whether you are still doing ADF in maintenance? Thanks for all the wise words and encouragement for us all!:clap:

calichris 07-29-2013 01:32 PM

:hiya: Nancy! So great to see you! Maintainers :sing: and give so much encouragement to those of us who just do not want to do the yo-yo thing anymore and just want a workable way of life. :up:

SlowSure 07-29-2013 01:55 PM

Just to add to the chorus of those who are delighted for Melinda and excited by a Nancy sighting :)

:jumpjoy: :clap:

tobelowcarber 07-29-2013 02:27 PM

That is wonderful, Melinda!!!! Oh, and it is so nice to see Nancy!!!

Monkeypenny 07-30-2013 07:45 AM

Wonderful! :love: You are all doing so great und you are such a motivation for us beginners! :up:

But may I ask in which way are you maintaining? By sticking to your rotations and upping the DownDay calories? Or did you reduce the number of DownDays?

Flutter 07-30-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeypenny (Post 16536919)
Wonderful! :love: You are all doing so great und you are such a motivation for us beginners! :up:

But may I ask in which way are you maintaining? By sticking to your rotations and upping the DownDay calories? Or did you reduce the number of DownDays?

Thanks! I am just entering maintenance and figuring my way out. (it'll take awhile, I'm sure!) I was able to maintain over a 10 day vaca by doing 2 DDs and the rest UDs. I still had my usual lower cal DDs, but only 2. Make sense?

ETA: I do NOT plan to do that for regular maintenance. I will probably stick to EOD rotations with my lower DDs. It's what I like. :heart: however, it's nice to know I could try 5:2 or just a few days of calorie counting for special occasions, etc, and still maintain. :)

arkie1 07-30-2013 11:45 AM

Flutter and Nancy....this is all so encouraging to hear! Thank you for keeping us updated on what to expect in maintenance if we just follow the plan. I have a long way to go, but plan on being there eventually! :clap:

Carole

Babsbabs 07-30-2013 03:29 PM

Great to hear that your vacation didn't cause you any problems Melinda! I am happy that so many familiar faces are still popping in to give incouragement.
As always Nancy wonderful words of wisdom.:notwrthy:

Barbo 07-30-2013 03:31 PM

Maintainers are fantastic and are the impetus for the rest of us to
keep on with the program even if it seems difficult.

Congratulations.

Carly 07-30-2013 03:42 PM

Awesome Melinda! I can confirm that maintenance is an effortless joy with this WOE. I've truly enjoyed my return to WLM, but will have to call that quits pretty soon. I thought these last few pounds would be hard to shake loose, but they have not been.

It was so great to see you Nancy!!!! Come by when you can.

Babsbabs 07-30-2013 03:59 PM

Did you lower your goal weight Carly? I took a bit of a break when I was in maintenance so missed some changes I am sure. You look great! Glad that you got to your goal again quickly. I am strangely happy to have a few pounds to lose again so I can hang out here more.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.