Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Returning to JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808729-returning-juddd.html)

tobelowcarber 07-26-2013 10:20 AM

Returning to JUDDD

After going back to LC for a week I still having binging issues I have decided to give JUDDD another try. Bottom line is I am more happy on JUDDD.
My goal is to get to low 120s and then switch to either 5:2 or higher DD calories. Starting with DD tomorrow. Wish me luck JBs.

LoCarbGal 07-26-2013 11:21 AM

Welcome back Marika! If JUDDD is where you're happiest, then that's where you should be.

You made it over a week binge-free on LC if I remember correctly, which is absolutely a victory! Maybe you shouldn't expect such perfection from yourself. I know you struggle with the triggers and the bingeing, but you're not really gaining are you? So that's a positive. Now just to deal one day at a time and see if you can inch your way down to your goal weight. I know you can do it! :shake:

krow134 07-26-2013 11:27 AM

Welcome back!!!

You know what helps me with my binging issues....most times anyways,....I got one of those little white boards with magnets on the back and put on my fridge, I would keep track of my calories that way....its hard to ignore when its in your face at the fridge!! lol!!

sterlinggirl 07-26-2013 11:39 AM

Welcome back dear.. I think you will do just fine, i just restarted my self yesterday.. been in maintenance for 5 months and its time to lose a few more. This is the place to be~ :heart:

tobelowcarber 07-26-2013 11:39 AM

You are right, Carol (as always:)- and that's a complement), it has only been 1 week but in that 1 week I realized that I wont be happy restricting carbs long-term. Something was missing. I am not going back to eating sugar or other high carb foods but I want a freedom to eat some potatoes and other starchy veggies I can't eat on LC. With my food limitations due to colitis I just don't want to limit more than I have to. I hope I can finally make this work.

tobelowcarber 07-26-2013 11:43 AM

krow134- good idea, but I think I would embarrassed :lol:

Kimberly- lovely to see you again. Good luck to you and me :high5:

sterlinggirl 07-26-2013 11:45 AM

:heart: I found that certain foods are just not worth eating no matter how yummy they taste..

Librarygirl 07-26-2013 12:23 PM

Good luck and welcome back, Marika! :)

elphie124 07-26-2013 12:29 PM

Good luck! I struggle with binging too and "so far, so good" on JUDDD. I've found that it takes a WOE that I see fairly consistent results to keep me from the binge monster and JUDDD is doing that for me. Hope it does for you as well!

LoCarbGal 07-26-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16532318)
You are right, Carol (as always:)- and that's a complement), it has only been 1 week but in that 1 week I realized that I wont be happy restricting carbs long-term. Something was missing. I am not going back to eating sugar or other high carb foods but I want a freedom to eat some potatoes and other starchy veggies I can't eat on LC. With my food limitations due to colitis I just don't want to limit more than I have to. I hope I can finally make this work.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply I thought you should stay LC! I hope it didn't sound like that. What I wanted to convey was that you should see the positive in the fact that you stayed strong and in control for over a week. That was YOU that did that, not the LC! Take credit where credit is due! ;)

And just that I hope you won't see it as an epic fail every time you slip up. We all slip up! But if you only do it 1 day a month, or 3, or whatever, you still have to see the victory in all the other, successful days.

tobelowcarber 07-26-2013 01:41 PM

No worries, Carol. What you say makes perfect sense. I just need to remember that nobody is perfect and if I slip I need to get up and keep moving forward. Thank you for your wisdom, Carol. I always appreciate your honest advise :high5:

Carly 07-26-2013 01:46 PM

:welcome: back!

handbells 07-26-2013 05:13 PM

welcome back!

grammyw/kitties 07-27-2013 05:43 AM

:welcome::welcome::clap::clap::clap::welcome:

KJ-43 07-28-2013 07:44 AM

I am restarting also because I know this is where I am happiest. I got side tracked but I was never to far from Juddd and the support is great also
kj

Kissa 07-28-2013 12:09 PM

Good to see so many loved faces back here. :)

Flutter 07-29-2013 02:35 PM

Glad you are sticking around girl! You can do it!!

Barbo 07-29-2013 03:06 PM

Happy to get to know you all

You seem such a lovely group of friends.
Love your support of each other and your kindness.

First day of week #2
Monday DD.
Having my special oriental soup with chic tenders all day.

E.W. 07-29-2013 03:07 PM

About a year ago I had some emotional issues that are tied into my weight come up.
I got realy upset and got back into the overeating and the 45 lbs I had lost on JUDDD back. I tried to start over lots of times but till I got a handel on those emotional issues I just couldn't. Well I started back 7/26 and already 6 lbs of the water bloat is gone. It
sure is good to be back on track again.

Kissa 07-29-2013 03:15 PM

Loving this news EW. Welcome home.