Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I found Sparkling ICE Water! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808264-i-found-sparkling-ice-water.html)

LoCarbGal 07-18-2013 02:02 PM

I found Sparkling ICE Water!

Several of you JBs were talking about this drink awhile ago and made it sound so good. I had never heard of it so I Googled it to see if anyone near me had it. It looked like it just wasn't available here locally, so I gave up. Well I was going through the weekly ad of my grocery store and THEY HAVE IT! I haven't been shopping yet, but it's on my list! YAY!

So....what are you guys' favorite flavors again? I want to get some really good ones. TIA.

KeirasMom 07-18-2013 02:07 PM

I haven't seen it around here either. Did you find it at a chain grocery store (one that we might have in CA)?

LoCarbGal 07-18-2013 02:13 PM

It's at Fry's, which I believe is Kroger or Ralph's or Foods Co in California. I hope you can find it!

KeirasMom 07-18-2013 02:25 PM

Thanks! We have Foods Co. I may need to check it out.

LiLi914 07-18-2013 05:44 PM

Carol, so glad you found it. Chelly and Carly turned me onto ICE. I like the kiwi strawberry and mango. I'm a little iffy about the pineapple coconut. I love pineapple, but I loathe coconut so the after taste gets to me. I say try them all because I think there are almost 10 flavors as of now. Enjoy!

Carly 07-18-2013 05:57 PM

I love the pineapple coconut and the blackberry. DW/Chelly loves the kiwi strawberry. All the flavors are good. They are 10/10 here at every store so if they are just a dollar around you I say try all the flavors. The pomegranate/something is yummy too. I haven't had any of the lemonade flavors since sometimes lemonade gives me heartburn. I had the apple and it was decent. The grapefruit was pretty good too. I was mixed on the peach/mango mostly because I had a traumatizing experience with peach schnapps 20 years ago :stars:

arkie1 07-18-2013 06:08 PM

In my area, we can get them at Dollar General, Walmart and Kroger. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm going to get some when I'm at one of those stores.

Carole

piglet513 07-18-2013 09:12 PM

Is it in the same aisle as Croix?

LoCarbGal 07-18-2013 10:26 PM

Thank you guys! They're advertised for 10/$10, so I think I'll just get one of every flavor they have and see what I like best. I can't wait! I'll probably go on Monday, so I'll be very impatient until then.

Flutter 07-19-2013 03:25 AM

BLACKBERRY is my very fav!!!!! :heart:

Goner 07-19-2013 03:32 AM

I never heard of this - must look in my local stores. Is it sweet? like soda? or like flavored seltzer with no calories?

chelly59 07-19-2013 04:26 AM

ICE is the best thing out as I do not like to drink plain water.
I actually place mine in freezer and usually drink it with chips of ice inside bottle - wow - it is simply delicious.

My favorite flavor is kiwi strawberry. I tried the lemonade flavors but found it too tart. So...................I stick to my kiwi strawberry:up:

jrudq 07-19-2013 04:39 AM

Blackberry, Mandarin, and love the iced tea and lemondade. I think they are all pretty good! Oh, and I like the grapefruit too.

windygap 07-19-2013 05:05 AM

We have it here in Ohio. Walmart a lot of times has a big display as you walk in the store on the food side. You have to pass it to get in. Krogers has it in the water area.
Walmart has the biggest amount of flavors.

zipp2play 07-19-2013 05:35 AM

My DD11 LOVES this stuff. We buy it by the case but only when it's on sale. Normally I give $.88 a bottle, but the other week it was on sale for $.60. We have it in all of our grocery stores. HyVee, Dillons and even the local no chain one! Me, I am not a fan of Sparkling water.

Librarygirl 07-19-2013 05:52 AM

I really like the pink grapefruit. I noticed they have it at Dollar General now too. I can find it at all of the grocery stores now, and Walmart.

Librarygirl 07-19-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16521707)
I never heard of this - must look in my local stores. Is it sweet? like soda? or like flavored seltzer with no calories?

It's 0 calories (sweet, but AS) and more strongly flavored than (flavored) seltzer, I think. If you like the sparkling aspect, you'll probably like it. :)

calichris 07-20-2013 07:44 PM

I like grapefruit and black raspberry, but I noticed they have some new flavors out! Apple and peach nectarine? Haven't tried those!

Librarygirl 07-20-2013 08:03 PM

I tried the apple and wasn't impressed, lol. I wouldn't buy it again. However, I'm not a huge apple drink lover of any kind. I need to try the pineapple/coconut flavor...I'm not a big fan of the dasani drops, if it's anything like that. I like the flavors that taste the most natural, or without obvious artificial flavor. The apple wasn't too artificial, but tasted "flat" compared to some others.

Charski 07-22-2013 09:10 AM

I get the Cascade ICE - my fave is the pink grapefruit. I also like the lemonade and the strawberry lemonade. The other fruity flavors are a bit too sweet for me.

The coconut one was pretty good too but I didn't think it tasted all that much of coconut! :laugh:

Costco has them now in a variety pack - 4 different flavors. Mango, pink grapefruit, very berry, and one other, I forget now. Anyway it came out to .50/bottle, but I am not so fond of the three flavors besides pink grapefruit so I won't likely buy the variety pack again.

LoCarbGal 07-22-2013 11:31 AM

I made it to the grocery store this morning and got a bunch of flavors. Now I can't wait for them to get icy cold so I can try one - the perfect DD treat! My store also had their own brand and flavor of straight coconut, which I'm excited to try. I kind of hope I really like that one, because it's cheaper!

elphie124 07-22-2013 11:36 AM

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of ICE before JUDDD and joining this forum, but I happened to find it just now at WalMart. I picked up the coconut pineapple and the black raspberry. They will make a nice treat for tomorrow's DD!

Planelman 07-22-2013 11:39 AM

Costco has them, I think it is either 15 or 18 for $7.99.

LoCarbGal 07-22-2013 11:42 AM

That's an excellent deal Mike. I let my Costco membership go, so if I really love these I'll have to go with my friend next time.

adillenal 07-22-2013 03:26 PM

I bought some of these today when I was in Wal-Mart. I tried the grapefruit and it reminded me of Fresca which I always liked.

VioletsGrandMom 07-22-2013 03:39 PM

I am pretty sure I tried this before and didn't care for it but all of your remarks are making me want to try it again. I always liked Fresca too!

LoCarbGal 07-22-2013 10:29 PM

I had the orange/mango as my aperitif this evening before my dinner of avocado. It was nice. Very tasty and satisfying. I like that it is lightly carbonated. I'm anxious now to try some of the other flavors.

Carly 07-23-2013 03:20 AM

I think I like the black raspberry best, but it's very flavorful, not light like some of the others. I have to get some more of the pink grapefruit.

Goner 07-23-2013 03:32 AM

Thanks for bringing this up and answering my question LG! I found them at my WalMart and tried the pineapple coconut - I liked it. Have the lemonade and nectarine peach. It was a flavorful treat. Not overly sweet which I was worried about - I don't like things too sweet.

Kismet311 07-23-2013 04:01 AM

I like the pineapple coconut. I tried the blackberry or maybe it was black raspberry and when I opened it, it exploded all over the place and stained my white canvas bag purple!! I kind of stopped buying them after that LOL