Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday: menu and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808225-ud-thursday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 07-18-2013 03:05 AM

UD Thursday: menu and plans

Gym night tonight :) I can't do decent weight training on any day but an UD.

B: coffee with MCT oil and lecithin: 168kcals

L: 2 hard boiled eggs with MCT mayonnaise and 30g ham: 300kcals

D: cheeseboard with a range of home pickled or fermented vegetables etc. 650kcals

Running total of approx 1120kcals which gives me another 500kcals approx to cover another 1-2 Tbsp of MCT oil and my supplement of unmodified potato starch.

Have a joyful and productive day :)

FairyWren 07-18-2013 05:13 AM

The sun is finally out here :jumpjoy: hadn't seen it since last Friday and there was no post to the island for the last two days because of fog all day.

Brunch: Omelette with cheese
Dinner: Chicken, bacon and goat's cheese with roasted vegetables
Snack: Apple juice plus something else as i'm still around 100 or so kcals short of my 1648 limit

Scarlett46 07-18-2013 05:29 AM

B: Coffee w/ creamer, yogurt, plum
L: Chili
S: Coffee, oatmeal w/ banana
Dinner is at a local steakhouse - my aunt's birthday:
Bread, Salad w/ ranch dressing, Prime Rib (1/2 of the 12 oz version), Steamed veggies

Librarygirl 07-18-2013 05:54 AM

B-coffee w/cream - 110ish (didn't quite finish)

s-vanilla greek yogurt, small peach

L-fried chicken, some kind of vegs and maybe macaroni:yummy:

D-? I've been invited to go out w/some new/old friends (a girl I knew in high school that I reconnected with a few wks ago) to see a blues band tonight. I had planned to leave from work, but I forgot my cell phone at home this morning:annoyed:, plus I want to freshen up. Haven't been out socializing in years.

KeirasMom 07-18-2013 06:03 AM

B: Double fiber English muffin with garlic/herb cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt with SF cherry pie filling
L: Jalapeno turkey burger with no cheese
D: ??

Flutter 07-18-2013 06:29 AM

Totally up in the air! I have a bunch of stuff to finish up on before leaving on a road trip vaca tomorrow. I do NOT plan on margaritas today, though, (for once!)! :laugh:

Have a good one guys! :heart:

handbells 07-18-2013 06:50 AM

B-smoked salmon, cherries
L-Not sure yet. I think a salmon burger, no bun and cucumber with mayo
S-I *may* have a little steak to see if I'm still adverse to meat. Will definitely have creamed spinach and some sort of potato.

Snack-chocolate "milkshake"

elphie124 07-18-2013 07:02 AM

Hi everyone! Newbie jumping in... My second UD.:

B - oatmeal made w/ 1 serv. spinach, 4 egg whites, PB, and a banana (517 cals)

loose plan for the rest of the day:

L - stir fry v brocc, carrot, onion, chicken and a drizzle of honey
D - spinach tortellini w. olive pasta sauce

Snacks - sunflower seeds, greek yogurt and ???

Aiming for 2000 cals.

SlowSure 07-18-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyWren (Post 16520231)
The sun is finally out here :jumpjoy: hadn't seen it since last Friday and there was no post to the island for the last two days because of fog all day.

Ah, the Outer Hebrides. Most of the UK is stamping out grass fires and you've got fog. :rofl: I'm glad you're having some sunshine and the boat's made it through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16520276)
I've been invited to go out w/some new/old friends (a girl I knew in high school that I reconnected with a few wks ago) to see a blues band tonight. I had planned to leave from work, but I forgot my cell phone at home this morning:annoyed:, plus I want to freshen up. Haven't been out socializing in years.

Have a lovely time with your chum - that's sounds like such a jolly event to attend (I'm possibly mixing this up with the Fabulous Blues Brothers film but even so...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16520330)
Totally up in the air! I have a bunch of stuff to finish up on before leaving on a road trip vaca tomorrow. I do NOT plan on margaritas today, though, (for once!)!

Margaritas do have a very convivial habit of insinuating themselves into pre-holiday celebrations tho' ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphie124 (Post 16520385)

:welcome: and lovely to meet you. That's a good menu with which to jump into JUDDD :)

sorenkkg 07-18-2013 07:52 AM

Hi gang!
I'm down almost a pound from yesterday-- not a stellar DD, but I'm still losing from my going-away-gain and I'm happy with that.

Today, off to a weird start, but I think I can bring it back:

B: 4 tiny boxes of cereal :D lol and almond milk (2 frosted flakes, 1 rice crispies, and a fruit loops), some salami and cream cheese

L: not sure.

D: something Mexican ish. Quesadillas or Mexican salad?

we're in the 1 week countdown to no more appliances :eek:

handbells 07-18-2013 09:53 AM

L-ended up having two eggs scrambled in butter with 1 oz of goats milk cheese. Scrumptious!

Librarygirl 07-18-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphie124 (Post 16520385)

B - oatmeal made w/ 1 serv. spinach, 4 egg whites, PB, and a banana (517 cals)

loose plan for the rest of the day:

L - stir fry v brocc, carrot, onion, chicken and a drizzle of honey
D - spinach tortellini w. olive pasta sauce

Snacks - sunflower seeds, greek yogurt and ???

Aiming for 2000 cals.

:welcome: Elphie!

I'm having a chicken quessadilla (sp?) for lunch instead of fried chicken.

piglet513 07-18-2013 11:42 AM

B: Coffee with HWC, donut
L: Skyline Chili with a work buddy
D: Meeting my family at Buffalo Wings & Rings.

Good thing this is an UD for me!!!

elphie124 07-18-2013 11:48 AM

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Lunch ended up being as planned - sauteed broccoli, carrot, and onion w/ chicken & honey - 310 cals

Snacks so far:
1 serv. sunflower seeds - 190
1 serv. cereal (dry) - 120
1 serv. plain greek yog w/ PB & sweetener - 310

Dinner - spinach tortellini w/ 1 tbsp olive oil, olive pasta sauce and 1/2 serv. spinach - 529

With breakfast, that puts me at 1984 cals for the day.

sorenkkg 07-18-2013 11:58 AM

I wound up making spinach-ricotta "gnocchi" today, so that's what we'll have for dinner.

I've had some tuna, and now I'm in the mood for a nectarine. :)
s.

LoCarbGal 07-18-2013 01:52 PM

Is DH still JUDDDing with you Soren?

sorenkkg 07-19-2013 01:05 PM

Hi Carol,
Yep, he is. However, since we do everything together :) when I'm off track, he's off track.

also, when I'm not home, he *tried* to stay on track, but eventually, there's a pizza box or 2 that mysteriously show up.

However, we both see this as the best option for us. We can eat LC-ish when we want to, and when we have mashed potatoes, there's no big guilt trip. Truly a WOE you can tailor to your preferences.

Like anything, you have to actually, you know, stick to it, for it to work ;) LOL

LoCarbGal 07-19-2013 01:23 PM

:hiya: Soren! I think it's awesome that you guys are still doing it together. But totally understandable that it's hard for him to keep at it with you gone. And you when you're away from home.

BTW, did you get to meet up with Cindy/Kissa?