Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
I wonder if there are confounding factors here between the methods? ie. Are there more men doing 5:2? I had a peek at the forum names and Amazon reviewer names of the book and there seems to be a lot of men. Will people tend to post more when they have problems losing so it makes it seem like people are stalling?

I'm down 10.4 total after 5.4 weeks for a weekly average of 1.92 / week. Taking out the first week of results (the water weight effect), it drops to 1.55/week. That's exactly what I figured it would be when I replicated Johnson's algorithm in excel when I started - which in my current weight range is a calorie multiple of pounds x 11 (ranges up to 12.75 at my goal weight). It's interesting that the multiple went up over time since one should be burning less at lower levels of weight. Might be that it was just too little food. Mind you, I've been eating 1.5 times as many calories on DD's lately compared to what I originally calculated I would have to eat (600 vs. 380). But I suspect I'm eating about 90% of what I should be eating on up days (not counting). Will be eating out more in September so I'm sure that won't be an issue then.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I think the numbers are a little high because of a large number of people who have are new to the plan. Most people will lose well for the first couple of months and then the longer you stay on a plan, the more your body adjusts to it, the rate of loss slows. But, my body prefers a change up. So, when I tried 5:2 I lost the first couple of weeks. After that it was maintaining or very small gains. But, the same is true with almost any hack or tweak I try. It looks promising because change is good. But, after time my body goes right back into stall mode. Probably just the PCOS, hypothyroid and whoosh fairy all ganging up on me, though.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote