Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Wednesday: menu and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808162-dd-wednesday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 07-17-2013 01:39 AM

DD Wednesday: menu and plans

Cinema night, so maybe we'll see Despicable Me 2.

B: coffee with MCT oil and lecithin: 160kcals

L: hard boiled egg with dried tomatoes and MCT mayonnaise: 220kcals

D: as lunch but with dried peppers: 220kcals

Running total of 600kcals. Cinema snacks of dehydrated kale, celeriac, peas with semi-dried tomatoes and a glucomannan shake. So, just about within my maintenance allotment but I may need to swap something if I need another Tbsp of MCT because of the heat.

Lanarkwitch 07-17-2013 02:47 AM

Sticking with 3 VLCD shakes today as I can't be bothered messing with calories and calculators today

Kismet311 07-17-2013 04:50 AM

Cinema night? Can I come? I am usually pretty good when I'm watching a movie and can take or leave snacks.

B-protein Shake-163 calories
L-probably nothing if I have the shake late morning
D-chicken of some sort

FairyWren 07-17-2013 06:11 AM

I'm really really undecided about today, and it isn't helping that i haven't drunk enough water, tea and coffee yet today.

It will either be, yoghurt for lunch and coffee with coconut oil and butter for dinner

or

No lunch and omelette with a little cheese for dinner.

Ah, decisions, decisions...

Enjoy the cinema Slow!

SlowSure 07-17-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16518543)
Cinema night? Can I come? I am usually pretty good when I'm watching a movie and can take or leave snacks.

We don't have dinner until after cinema so we tend to like our snacks :) Your company would be very welcome :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyWren (Post 16518618)
I'm really really undecided about today, and it isn't helping that i haven't drunk enough water, tea and coffee yet today.
Enjoy the cinema Slow!

Thank you - I like going out together, even if it is just to the cinema to see an animation (although we're going out on Friday too this week - the excitement).

I hope the decisions sort themselves.

Planelman 07-17-2013 06:25 AM

B: Coffee w/HWC
L: Protein shake with coconut milk
D: Grassfed burger with cheddar cheese (no bun) and another protein shake

Silverrain 07-17-2013 07:51 AM

So far I have only had coffee. I had an out of control day yesterday calorie-wise, so need to bring that back into balance again. I have no plans today, so I will go home and clean the house and then probably read a book. I'm going to attempt eating nothing and having an all-liquid day today. We'll see how it goes!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!! :)

sorenkkg 07-17-2013 08:10 AM

Hi! :hiya: I'm back from the UK and back on track :) Lost 3lbs since Monday! :jumpjoy:

I'm allowing for higher DDs, just getting into the swing of it and not fussing too much.

B: about 1.5c cereal, and almond milk (200 together give or take)
L: not sure, maybe just some veggies. Need to get to the store
D: probably fish and salad.
maybe some cantaloupe for dessert if anything.

lots of fluids, wow, is it hot here. 33 celcius, with humidity feels like 42 they say (that's like 107F).

:) S.

SlowSure 07-17-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16518820)
Hi! :hiya: I'm back from the UK and back on track :) Lost 3lbs since Monday! :jumpjoy:

I'm allowing for higher DDs, just getting into the swing of it and not fussing too much.

:hiya: Soren, I hope that you enjoyed yourself in the UK - you certainly saw it at its warmest.

Higher DDs sound like a good plan. I hope that your kitchen and house are sorted after the great dishwasher flood.

sorenkkg 07-17-2013 09:57 AM

Thanks Slow :)

Not quite sorted yet. We decided that instead of just replacing the floors with the same stuff (which is what the insurance company would do, minus our deductible... so really, no win there) we wanted new floors. And since the cabinet where the dishwasher is has to come down... new cabinets. And since I have WHITE melamine counters that stain all the time... new counters.
and since I don't have enough room-- more cabinets (there's an eat-in area that is already makeshift storage, so we'll make that permanent with all new stuff).

I have the picture of the new design up on my blog, see my signature :) They start July 29th, and hopefully finish before August is over!

Librarygirl 07-17-2013 10:06 AM

B-coffee (60)

L-1/2 c. yogurt, 1/2 c. fresh peaches, 2 cucumbers, fresh tomato - 128

D-?? (maybe 1-2 oz chicken, angel hair cabbage + LC cheese)

handbells 07-17-2013 10:11 AM

I typically strive for fasting on DD's. Got a little hungry this afternoon and am eating a baked potato with some s&p.

Lots of tea!

LowCarbMe 07-17-2013 10:44 AM

B: 1/2 cup egg beaters, 3 raw brazil nuts (100 c.)

L: lettuce rollups with turkey meat (100 c.)

D: 3 oz chicken breast, dumplings (oat fiber, gluc and egg), zucchini, onion, red pepper (200 c.)

Lots of salted lemonade for low adrenals (1 lemon, 2 quarts of water, stevia, 1 tsp of sea salt)

Flossyliz 07-17-2013 12:29 PM

I've been unusually hungry since about 2pm and the trusty cuppas weren't working. :cry:

Finally succumbed and about 6pm I had a sandwich, megafilled with a bit of cheddar and loads of lettuce and salad. It was awesome - the juice from the tomato kept running down my wrist! :yummy:

Let's hope that does it because I'm already at about 500 cals for the day!
Oh well I'd been wondering how increasing my DD allowance would go ......... :cool:

Kismet311 07-17-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16518543)

B-protein Shake-163 calories
L-probably nothing if I have the shake late morning
D-chicken of some sort

Well, I ended up having some salad for lunch. I have these people at work telling me I'm so small...poor people need glasses :hyst: One was about to offer me chocolate! Good grief!

Flutter 07-17-2013 05:36 PM

Holy cow, you turned down chocolate, kismet??? I am not sure I could do that...DD or not!

Soren, how fabulously fun to get a new kitchen!!!! I need to start wishing for a flood!!! ;) ph boy would I love some money for home improvements. (So not gonna happen any time soon here!)

Boring usual for me today. (Coffee & tummies, so 70 cals) Probably good since this is my last one for a few weeks! I shudder to think about it, but we are driving out to Yellowstone for a 10 day trip on Friday. I better enjoy today's boring while I can!

Librarygirl 07-17-2013 05:46 PM

Your trip sounds exciting to me, Flutter!!! Bf and I could not do a long driving trip like that, lol. I think we'd kill each other before we made it one way. :D

My DD has gone well. I'm at 354 calories, which is 20%. :) Of course, I always want my special coconut bar before the night's over, which would take me to 500 (is there a shrug smiley ;)). I will have one if I feel like I can't do without.

Flutter 07-17-2013 08:11 PM

It's not DH I'm worried about on that drive...it's the teens and 9yo. <shudder> It could get ugly fast!!!! DH & I get along famously. (most of the time!)

Inquiring minds want to know...what is this coconut bar you speak of??? Does it have CHOCOLATE in it, too? <drool>

Kismet311 07-17-2013 08:44 PM

This girl at work left cupcakes on my desk!!! I'm like WHATTTTTTT??? NOOOOOOOO so I ran after her and gave them to her LOLOL No way was I going to let them tempt me!

SlowSure 07-18-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16519974)
This girl at work left cupcakes on my desk!!! I'm like WHATTTTTTT??? NOOOOOOOO so I ran after her and gave them to her LOLOL No way was I going to let them tempt me!

We really do need another way of expressing hospitality or celebrations, don't we.

It's a kind instinct but it should be left up to people to decide if they want to partake (when they know it's there) - it definitely shouldn't be left on your desk. :down:

Kismet311 07-18-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16520114)
We really do need another way of expressing hospitality or celebrations, don't we.

It's a kind instinct but it should be left up to people to decide if they want to partake (when they know it's there) - it definitely shouldn't be left on your desk. :down:

It was accidental...she just forgot them. But she would not be back for several days so I didn't want them just sitting there staring at me :laugh: She got them from the vending machine (the crummy packaged type) and goes to the vending machine quite often. I think it was a case of "hospitality" as you put it since she thinks giving people food shows she likes them. I wish she'd give me money instead :rofl:

Librarygirl 07-18-2013 06:46 AM

:hyst::rofl: Yeah, I wish I could say, just give me the two dollars that you spent on that.:hyst: (I could save up. Just saying. :D)

Flutter, I am addicted to Eddy's frozen coconut bars. There's no chocolate though, lol. 120 calories, but worth every one!:yummy: The new ones they've come out with, Coconut Waters (mixed with pineapple), are not nearly as good and more calories. They taste like popsicles with a lot of water in them (duh, coconut waters), but the regular coconut bars are divine.

Flutter 07-18-2013 07:43 AM

Huh, never heard of those, LG! I will have to look for them. (or maybe not, if they're that addicting!) LOL!

Ummm yea, I would not want any cupcakes left on my desk!!! Good for you chasing her down, kis! I like LG's idea. Maybe you should have a piggy bank on your desk with a sign that says "If you're tempted to give me junk food, kindly deposit the change here instead."

sorenkkg 07-18-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16519765)

Soren, how fabulously fun to get a new kitchen!!!! I need to start wishing for a flood!!! ;) ph boy would I love some money for home improvements. (So not gonna happen any time soon here!)

it's fun, but not, ya know?

also, insurance is NOT paying for this. They would've paid to replace the floor with what we had, which was vinyl and laminate in the family room.

We wanted to reno, but in like 2yrs after saving up for it.... so, we're having to bite the bullet and figure this out now, b/c putting in a nice floor and then reno-ing later, would've been weird, to us.