Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Monday: menu and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/808033-dd-monday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 07-14-2013 10:52 PM

DD Monday: menu and plans

Monday, Monday, so good to me. Or possibly not, I've never been too sure of those song lyrics. Anyway, start of the usual working week. I'm continuing the modified ketogenic protocol to manage migraine (hence the MCT oil).

B: coffee with MCT oil and lecithin: 158kcals

L: soup with added MCT: 260kcals

D: cocoa with added MCT: 260kcals

Running total of approx. 680kcals, and I might take more MCT if needed as we have a heatwave in the UK.

FairyWren 07-15-2013 12:05 AM

Hey Slow! Looking good in your new avatar!!

Nothing for me today until dinnertime when i'll have a smoked salmon omelette. 460 kcals

Lanarkwitch 07-15-2013 12:59 AM

I am on day 2 of a migraine that ruined my UD yesterday, not sure what to do about todays DD at all

SlowSure 07-15-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanarkwitch (Post 16515331)
I am on day 2 of a migraine that ruined my UD yesterday, not sure what to do about todays DD at all

:console: Drink what you need and if you need to eat something to take some pain relief, then do. (Always difficult to know with other people's migraines and treatment plans - much sympathy/empathy.)

If you didn't manage to eat much of anything yesterday, then you may well need to eat a little more today to try and stabilise your blood sugar if you've been repeatedly ill. (Likewise, you might try some broth/stock/suitable soft drink or similar to restore your electrolytes - but much depends on what course your migraines follow.)

Lanarkwitch 07-15-2013 04:26 AM

Thanks Slow, usually I find there is no point taking anything once its started on the first day as it never helps, today I will get a miracle tablet from the pharmacy later ( definitely a +1 for Egypt there as 1 little purple pill had me feeling great within a couple of hours last time), fortunately I don't get them often these days, but have noticed since I started fasting again I've felt very weak in my legs with the headache, thats new. I feel better than yesterday but still off.

tobelowcarber 07-15-2013 04:42 AM

Slow- we also have heat wave this week (it supposed to get to 100F, about 38-40 C) and our AC broke :eek:

B: turkey
L: lettuce, cucumber, turkey, EVOO
D: HB eggs, raw carrots

600-700 cal

Flossyliz 07-15-2013 04:45 AM

:console: Glad you're starting to feel better Lanarkwitch. Fasting can trigger migraines. You might have to jiggle your DD eating times around a bit.

Not eating shouldn't be a problem for me today as it's sweltering hot here, so I doubt I'll be hungry.
I'll make a glucpud with strawberry and rhubarb yogurt and some strawberries and raspberries. :yummy: About 130 cals.
That might even be the total, unless I succumb to a cuppa or so later on.

Total = 130 or 160 cals. :cool:

piglet513 07-15-2013 05:29 AM

B: coffee with HWC
L: vegetable soup
D: simple salad with light ranch dressing.

This will put me at 389/401 so it'll be close today.

pinacoladas 07-15-2013 05:39 AM

B - coffee with HWC and SF Caramel Syrup, slice of Peggy's Bread plain
L - Coleslaw mix with asian dressing (ginger, lime, green onion, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar and avocado oil)
D - half a left over schnitzel with SF marinara and cheese
S - Dr. Zevia and one square Lindt 90% dark
I don't want the schnitzel to go bad, and I find having a large salad for lunch keeps me full and allows me more calories at dinner time, which seems to be when I am most hungry

Librarygirl 07-15-2013 06:37 AM

I'm off work today--taking a much-needed personal day. Errands to run, and other stuff...hopefully, some relaxing time and a good night's sleep tonight will do wonders.

B-coffee - 130

L-?

D-?

handbells 07-15-2013 07:05 AM

Lots and lots of ice tea.

Possibly some potatoes.

handbells 07-15-2013 08:27 AM

So far I've had 1/2 an organic potato, shredded, browned in a tiny bit of olive oil spray and seasoned with s&p

Flutter 07-15-2013 08:39 AM

Hot here today, too! (I love it, though, only thing that gets me through the long winters!)

Lanark, so sorry to hear about the migraine. :( Headaches are awful. Do whatever you need to do to get through! :hugs:

Normal DD for me, coffee, gummies, if I really, really want one later, I'll get a skinny mocha frap. Doubt I'll bother, though, but hey, if I'm out and want one, I will! :heart:

Scarlett46 07-15-2013 10:20 AM

Coffee w/ french vanilla creamer
Celery, laughing cow wedge, 2 slices black forest ham
Maybe a glass of milk after my run/walk... if water doesn't cut it
Chicken & veggies
More coffee w/ french vanilla creamer

Librarygirl 07-15-2013 11:27 AM

Still subsisting on just coffee from this morning. Funny how some DDs are so much easier than others...but, I did just come off of a MD + 2 UDs. :D

SlowSure 07-15-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16515419)
Slow- we also have heat wave this week (it supposed to get to 100F, about 38-40 C) and our AC broke :eek:

I know that our temperatures are nothing compared to yours - I think that in the UK we're so unaccustomed to it that we find it ridiculously hard going. When I think of all those splendid Victorian women who packed their microscopes and a rifle and travelled around Africa on a bike for their research, I know that I'm made of lesser stuff. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16515423)
I'll make a glucpud with strawberry and rhubarb yogurt and some strawberries and raspberries. :yummy:

I typically make my glucpud with almond or coconut milk - I must try yoghurt or kefir at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinacoladas (Post 16515509)
I find having a large salad for lunch keeps me full and allows me more calories at dinner time, which seems to be when I am most hungry

Yes, I always find it more sociable to eat together in the evening - time-shifting most calories to the morning is something I will have to work towards - or I may re-think it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16515599)
I'm off work today--taking a much-needed personal day. Errands to run, and other stuff...hopefully, some relaxing time and a good night's sleep tonight will do wonders

I hope that today has worked out well for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16515784)
Hot here today, too! (I love it, though, only thing that gets me through the long winters!)

San Diego is my idea of paradise. I'm probably completely wrong but I've stayed there a few times and the weather was just right for me, every single day.

piglet513 07-15-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piglet513 (Post 16515493)
B: coffee with HWC
L: vegetable soup
D: simple salad with light ranch dressing.

This will put me at 389/401 so it'll be close today.

Scratch that... I've got the hungries today, so I'm going to pick up some shirataki noodles and make something for dinner!