Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I love my Fitbit One! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/807945-i-love-my-fitbit-one.html)

Carly 07-13-2013 09:58 AM

I love my Fitbit One!

I got it yesterday for my birthday. I love it. It is so motivating. I got on my stationary bike twice today just to see the charts :laugh:

The Fitbit One also monitors sleep and last night I did not sleep walk one single time!!!!!! I was exhausted from all the walking and shopping at The Commons yesterday so I think that helped me stay soundly asleep.

This little fitbit would only be better if it could actually send me back to bed when I do sleepwalk and prevent me from eating...

gordita 07-13-2013 10:16 AM

I have a Fitbit, but it is just the steptracker. I like it, too. It helps keep me honest and does work to motivate me as well.

Sleepwalking? More steps tracked! LOL. ;)

LoCarbGal 07-13-2013 10:30 AM

How cool Carly! That sounds great and I'm sure it'll be a great tool for you. Happy Birthday indeed!

Flutter 07-13-2013 10:39 AM

It monitors sleep?!?!?!?!!!!! That is perfect for you!!!!! Wow, who knew?! Very cool that it is motivating you to work out, too!

FairyWren 07-13-2013 03:58 PM

Yay! I love my FitBit too, i've worn it almost every day this year, it's a great motivator :)

SlowSure 07-14-2013 01:08 AM

I'm havering about one - more so since reading people's enthusiasm for them. :)

Is it suitable for people with skin allergies (eg, non-precious metals)? Is there a particular model that you like?

FairyWren 07-14-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16514125)
I'm havering about one - more so since reading people's enthusiasm for them. :)

Is it suitable for people with skin allergies (eg, non-precious metals)? Is there a particular model that you like?

I've had the FitBit Tracker for over 12 months now and wear it clipped to my bra, i've had no problems with it - i have fairly sensitive skin i.e. get a rash if i wear a watch and if i wear anything other than gold earrings i end up in A&E with a severe allergic reaction :(

Kismet311 07-14-2013 05:26 AM

Mine is the Zip and it's rubber I think.

Carly 07-14-2013 06:21 AM

I have the fitbit one which monitors sleep as well as steps, stairs, calories, miles and some other stuff.

I slept walked 20x last night for a total of 333 steps!!!!! I burned a bunch of calories too, but I'm not sure what I ate... definitely a yogurt :cry:

I have psoriatic arthritis and my skin is pretty sensitive, but this is in a rubber clip/case.

Kismet311 07-14-2013 06:23 AM

Carly, did you see what I said about the calories burned in the DD thread?? If you go to your LOG on the dashboard it will tell you how many "food" calories you earned. This woman I know thought she could eat 1500 extra calories because she "burned" them with exercise LOLOL No such luck lady!!! :rofl:

Carly 07-14-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16514304)
Carly, did you see what I said about the calories burned in the DD thread?? If you go to your LOG on the dashboard it will tell you how many "food" calories you earned. This woman I know thought she could eat 1500 extra calories because she "burned" them with exercise LOLOL No such luck lady!!! :rofl:

I'll go check it out.

Mimosa23 07-15-2013 03:21 AM

I love my fitbit one too!!!! When I wear it, I really make a conscious effort in moving more. I also have the scales from fitbit, they are great too! Everything is automatically updated and synchronised with both my fitbit and my [http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...one-apps.html] account.

As for allergy, the fitbit one is made mostly out of plastic, and you get a sillicone coated type of holder/clip and a neoprene wrist band so it shouldn't cause any problems, SlowSure!

Carly 07-15-2013 03:28 AM

Last night it told me I woke up 7x, but I only walked 2x. That is not bad!

zipp2play 07-15-2013 05:14 AM

Have very interesting. I must look into this.

KYSoccerMom 07-15-2013 06:30 AM

Okay...I am convinced. I have just gone to amazon and bought the Fitbit One (I bought the burgundy one--it was $21 cheaper than the black one.) I have been wanting something to count steps and this sounds like a great one. I am anxious to see "how" I sleep at night (I don't think I sleep well and maybe this will prove it lol.) I plan to start a walking program next week, so this will be a perfect way to get myself motivated to do it and to track my progress! Thanks Carly for sharing.

Librarygirl 07-15-2013 06:40 AM

Seems like a fun and helpful accessory! I'll keep it in mind for Xmas. ;)

Kissa 07-15-2013 01:45 PM

I sleep nekkid, so where do I clip it? LOL.

Kismet311 07-15-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16516261)

I'm not goin there LOLOL :p

Kismet311 07-15-2013 02:22 PM

I left for work this morning without clipping on my Fitbit. I was so mad! At work I can get around 10,000 on a busy day. It's going to look like I was a slug all day!

SlowSure 07-15-2013 02:39 PM

OK, in the UK, the prices run to approx. $130+ for a wireless Fitbit One activity and sleep tracker - is that the one people are using?

Fitbit Flex is similarly priced and has a wristband? Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband

It's not clear how showerproof the wristband/tracker is. I'm thinking about when I'm kayaking - we can get quite wet, even if we don't have to perform a rescue and go into the water.

I must read further. *intrigued* *gadget hound* :o

Librarygirl 07-15-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

You need the wrist strap. :D

Carly 07-15-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

The fitbit one comes with a wrist band to use when you sleep. I only woke up 7x last night and only walked around 3x.

FairyWren 07-16-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16516337)
OK, in the UK, the prices run to approx. $130+ for a wireless Fitbit One activity and sleep tracker - is that the one people are using?

Fitbit Flex is similarly priced and has a wristband? Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband

It's not clear how showerproof the wristband/tracker is. I'm thinking about when I'm kayaking - we can get quite wet, even if we don't have to perform a rescue and go into the water.

I must read further. *intrigued* *gadget hound* :o

I have the previous model, equivalent to the FitBit Flex and it's not waterproof as far as i know, although DD managed to put hers through the washing machine, still clipped to her bra and after drying out thoroughly it still works. I think it would probably not be a good idea when kayaking...

Mimosa23 07-16-2013 03:36 AM

The FitBit One is water resistant, but I think that means sweat and the occasional drop. I would definitely wear it when doing kayaking type sports, but protected in some kind of waterproof pocket or bag.

Carly 07-16-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimosa23 (Post 16516940)
The FitBit One is water resistant, but I think that means sweat and the occasional drop. I would definitely wear it when doing kayaking type sports, but protected in some kind of waterproof pocket or bag.

That is what I was thinking. If you have a pouch or something you wear around your neck that holds money or other valuables that is water resistant you could put it in there. I would think it would still work, but not positive of course. A good zip lock bag may keep it dry enough.

calichris 07-16-2013 12:30 PM

I just happened to see another option called UP by Jawbone that is in bracelet form (solves Cindy's problem :lol:) and appears to be waterproof. Anyone know anything about it?

p.s. I like the feature it has where it alerts you when you haven't moved in awhile.

Kissa 07-16-2013 12:54 PM

Now that would be good when we spend too long on LCF, lol.

Carly 07-16-2013 06:38 PM

I still love, love, love my fitbit one. It definitely motivates me to work out, take hat stairs and be more active. I love to see how much I walked around at night.

Goner 07-17-2013 10:15 AM

I did a quick look on Amazon and read reviews - do you find that when you move in a vehicle that the fitbit counts it as steps? I saw a few reviewers who mentioned this. Thanks. :)

calichris 07-17-2013 10:34 AM

I think both the Fitbit and the Jawbone UP sound great ... this thread convinced me to order one of these things, and I saw a used, in very good condition Jawbone UP on Amazon at a greatly reduced price, so I ordered it and it will be here Thursday! I'm interested in the sleep info as well, but I definitely like the idea of reminding myself to move around throughout the day.