Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Labor Day Challenge! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/807520-labor-day-challenge.html)

calichris 07-06-2013 09:37 AM

Labor Day Challenge!
 
Hi JBs,

We've just finished the 4th of July challenge ... How about a new one for Labor Day?

My goal is for my 14P capris from the 4th of July challenge to fit WELL. (I can put them on now, but it isn't pretty :lol:). I hope they are LOOSE!

Anyone else up for a Labor Day goal?

Demonica 07-06-2013 09:41 AM

I'm in.:) I have a cute tank top that I got brand new at Goodwill. It's a large, it fits, but is a little tight for my liking. By Labor Day, I want to be able to be comfortable enough in that tank top to wear it in PUBLIC *gulp*

LoCarbGal 07-06-2013 09:51 AM

Count me in! Kind of a modified repeat of my July 4th goal that didn't happen.

*Levis 16 Misses will be loose
*Levis 14 Misses will be close to fitting

FairyWren 07-06-2013 09:52 AM

Erm, when is labor day? :o

LoCarbGal 07-06-2013 09:54 AM

It's September 2nd this year - always on a Monday. I just realized it's 2 days before my 1 year JUDDDiversary, so it's a great marker for me!

calichris 07-06-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyWren (Post 16502478)
Erm, when is labor day? :o

Oh, so sorry! It is the first Monday in September, so Sept. 2nd this year. :)

FairyWren 07-06-2013 09:59 AM

Oh ok then. I'm away from home from the end of July for a few months and won't be able to weigh so i think i'll set a measurement challenge. I did a waist measurement this morning when i weighed in but i'm not really sure what to set my goal as, do you think it's possible to lose 2 inches from my waist in 2 months? Is that too ambitious or too easy - i really have no idea when it comes to measurements... :dunno:

FairyWren 07-06-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16502482)
It's September 2nd this year - always on a Monday. I just realized it's 2 days before my 1 year JUDDDiversary, so it's a great marker for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16502487)
Oh, so sorry! It is the first Monday in September, so Sept. 2nd this year. :)

No problem :) i could have just googled it i guess :lol:

LoCarbGal 07-06-2013 10:01 AM

Wow, I have no idea Evie. You're pretty close to your goal weight, so it might be pretty optimistic. There again, if you can do some serious toning, it might just be very do-able.

tobelowcarber 07-06-2013 10:06 AM

I am in!

My goal is to stay binge-free and get to 125 lb

Flutter 07-06-2013 10:07 AM

Yep, I'm in. I need to do some serious ab work. Hopefully I can lose some inches by Labor Day. Right now, bluck city!

arkie1 07-06-2013 10:15 AM

I'm in! I will report back later on my goals. I have so many that I want to achieve, but will narrow them down and post the ones that are most important to me at this time.

Carole

calichris 07-06-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyWren (Post 16502490)
Oh ok then. I'm away from home from the end of July for a few months and won't be able to weigh so i think i'll set a measurement challenge. I did a waist measurement this morning when i weighed in but i'm not really sure what to set my goal as, do you think it's possible to lose 2 inches from my waist in 2 months? Is that too ambitious or too easy - i really have no idea when it comes to measurements... :dunno:

Measurements are weird because sometimes it will come off in one place, other times in another ... if it helps, I have lost 8.5 inches off my waist in one year (while losing about 60ish pounds at a much higher weight than you are now), so that averages out to .7 inches a month.

ETA: Also, one inch in waist = about one size, so maybe that will help too.

Putz 07-06-2013 10:39 AM

I'm in. I would like to get solidly in the 130's with my bounces staying in the 130's. I would also like to reduce/tone my bat wings, even if its only a 1/4 inch.

sloppail 07-06-2013 10:52 AM

I am sooooo in!! I need a goal to stay accountable...I want to be at my goal of 136 pounds by September 2nd...maybe even a few below!! That's a lofty goal but oh well...I am pumped!! :)

Kim :heart:

BTW Carly I love your new avatar...!!

Sirtain 07-06-2013 11:01 AM

I made the Independence Day goal by the skin of my teeth, and it worked out to one pound per week. So...that would put me at 171 for Labor Day. Hmmm. Somehow that doesn't seem like a thrilling goal. My last one was the lowest weight I had been in fifteen years. I feel like I should at least be shooting for a round number.

170, it is!

Carly 07-06-2013 11:21 AM

This morning I was 126.2...

I'll say I'd like to see 120 by Labor Day... I reserve the right to retract this goal if I don't like how I look or feel when I get under 123, but I'm doing EOD rotations with DW so we'll see how it goes.

I think I'll rejoin the daily weigh in thread for this challenge.

FairyWren 07-06-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16502523)
Measurements are weird because sometimes it will come off in one place, other times in another ... if it helps, I have lost 8.5 inches off my waist in one year (while losing about 60ish pounds at a much higher weight than you are now), so that averages out to .7 inches a month.

ETA: Also, one inch in waist = about one size, so maybe that will help too.

Thanks for that Chris, i think i'll be bold and say i'll lose 2 inches off my waist by Labor Day - the place i'm working at during August and into September is pretty physically challenging and it will be really really hot (for me anyway, 30 odd degrees most days) so there may be a chance even if i need to drop down to 4:3 or 5:2

Anonymousity 07-06-2013 02:05 PM

I'm going to shoot high and go for 163 lbs. I know this may be a bit much to expect, but it will make me push myself! And, I want to be able to run a 5k by then as well!

Librarygirl 07-06-2013 02:12 PM

I'm going to try again. I tried on my new 14s that have been waiting for me :), and I was able to button them, but all the fat on my tummy pushed up lol. I can wear the NY Jeans 14s easily now, but was aiming for the Levi's which are much smaller. I'd like to be able to wear the Levi's comfortably in public by Labor Day.

calichris 07-06-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16502614)
This morning I was 126.2...

I'll say I'd like to see 120 by Labor Day... I reserve the right to retract this goal if I don't like how I look or feel when I get under 123, but I'm doing EOD rotations with DW so we'll see how it goes.

I think I'll rejoin the daily weigh in thread for this challenge.

It will be fun to see you on the daily weight thread again! :hugs:

LiLi914 07-06-2013 04:51 PM

I'm in! Of course my vacay is the week before Labor Day and I'll be around food galore for a family reunion so here we go.

I'd like to be 220 by Labor Day, but I'm a slow loser so I'm going to reach for 225 and a loss of two inches.

Lots of luck to all.

KeirasMom 07-06-2013 05:39 PM

I'm in. I'd like to be maintaining comfortably below 145, and be in all size 6 pants and M tops. Not a particularly lofty goal, as it's only 5 pounds and I have some 6s already and mostly M tops. There will be a cruise between now and then, so I'm sure I'll gain and have to re-lose some pounds.

Carly 07-06-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16502756)
It will be fun to see you on the daily weight thread again! :hugs:

I'm excited, but tonight's dinner will not make tomorrow's weigh in pretty :o
Homemade curly fries with my new spiral cutter:yummy:

Planelman 07-06-2013 06:11 PM

I'll be coming back from back to back vacations, including a cruise, so by Labor Day I would like to be back under 195.

Kimmietoo 07-06-2013 06:14 PM

OK, I am getting in as well. I am currently in thyroid H- E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS as we try to determine if I am allergic to the current med (I am on a steroid dose pack) or what. GRRRR so frustrated right now.

Still I need to be accountable and will set a reasonable goal of 1 lb per week. This would put me well out of the morbid obesity class, even with bounce ups. So that will be my goal. 8 pounds down by Labor Day.

Kimmie

Kismet311 07-06-2013 06:15 PM

I'm in. Will have to think of a challenge goal ASAP!!!

chelly59 07-06-2013 06:31 PM

I am in - I would like to wear an outfit that I was able to wear comfortably last summer. Well, another summer is here and the outfit is hanging in the closet as it was very snug.......ok.....tight:D. Y goal is to be at 195 by Labor Day. Posting regularly and reading everyone's messages, I believe it can be done. Here goes.....:shake:

Carly 07-06-2013 06:39 PM

You can do it Chelly/DW!

LiLi914 07-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16503030)
You can do it Chelly/DW!

I concur!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 PM.