Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'M SO EXCITED..... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/807302-im-so-excited.html)

arkie1 07-02-2013 05:33 PM

I'M SO EXCITED.....

Not about any weight loss, cause I have not had a decent DD in a couple of weeks, and have become a real couch potato! So, I remembered as a kid loving to ride a bike. But because I'm closing in on 71 and so overweight, I figure I would have some balance problems with a regular 2 wheeler. I have ordered a three wheel bike (trike) with a huge basket on the back! I can hardly wait for it to arrive! :jumpjoy:

I live in the perfect place to ride this...I live in a retirement center, not much traffic, and smooth streets that are wide and long and even circle around from my house and back, measuring about 1/2 mile. I could even ride it to Walmart and Dollar Tree, if I can figure out how to cross a very busy highway. After that, the streets are again wide and smooth.

It should be here in about a week. I will try to take some pictures and post them at that time

Carole

Carly 07-02-2013 06:11 PM

How fun! I bet you will love riding that trike!

sunday 07-02-2013 06:12 PM

You go girl! :high5: I can't wait to hear how you like it! :)

Whitlin' 07-02-2013 06:25 PM

I consider this a very :cool: thing.

How big is the basket?

Does your state require a bell? No matter - get a bell anyway! I always thought they made any bike more fun!

Very happy for you. Lock it up, I guess. Keep it safe.

Pedal power!

KeirasMom 07-02-2013 06:26 PM

How fun! :up:

arkie1 07-02-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16497631)
I consider this a very :cool: thing.

How big is the basket?

Does your state require a bell? No matter - get a bell anyway! I always thought they made any bike more fun!

Very happy for you. Lock it up, I guess. Keep it safe.

Pedal power!

Whitlin, I haven't checked into state requirements. I had not even thought about it!. I am going to get a horn and some reflectors.

The basket is very big. I can probably get 3 large paper grocery sacks in it, or several plastic bags. I know people ride their small grandchildren and their pets in it. My youngest grandie is 16, so don't think she would want to ride, and my cat would probably jump out first thing, so don't know yet what I will haul, other than sunscreen, water bottle and sweat towel!(and maybe a snack!:yummy:C)

I'll also probably haul my trash to the dumpster.

Carole

LoCarbGal 07-02-2013 10:25 PM

Carole, how fun! Good for you!

arkie1 07-02-2013 10:48 PM

I am so out of shape that it's hard for me to even walk very far. When reading the reviews, it was mostly older people buying this, and they were remarking that it's easier on their body to ride the bike than it is to walk. So, I'm hoping that I will put this to good use. It would be nice if some of the other residents in my community would/could get one, and we could start a bike club! If not, I will just listen to my music as I ride. :sing:

Carole

SlowSure 07-03-2013 01:15 AM

It sounds very :cool:. Good luck with riding it around as it sounds ideal for shopping and other errands.

Flossyliz 07-03-2013 01:58 AM

Carole, what a brilliant idea! I hope you have lots of fun on your trike - and find some friends to join you too.

FairyWren 07-03-2013 02:42 AM

Sounds like great fun Carole, i look forward to seeing a picture!

Goner 07-03-2013 03:52 AM

How cool. When I'm retired I would love to get a trike! I use to ride bikes as an adult, and when I would get back to it - I learned right away - first trip out, only go 1/2 the distance you are thinking of. Getting back again when you realize you went too far is not fun. Stamina is built up pretty quickly though - and before you know it you're legs are pedaling you everywhere! Oh and the wind blowing your hair makes one feel young! :cool: I know as I'm over 60 - although still YOUNG!

zipp2play 07-03-2013 05:15 AM

That sounds like the perfect thing for you! ENJOY it girl!

Kismet311 07-03-2013 05:41 AM

Now that's a bike even I would ride! I am so scared of falling off a two wheeler...ive never even tried riding one. Yours sounds like so much fun. Hope you have a blast with it!

adillenal 07-03-2013 06:01 AM

Carole
They are fun to ride. Many years ago I was the Quality Assurance Director for one of the Carnation warehouses and it was huge and we had those 3 wheel bikes with a nice basket on the front to get around the warehouse. I really liked it. If I was bored I could just go for a jaunt around the warehouse.
Have fun with your new toy.

TryingJudd 07-03-2013 06:21 AM

How awesome. Don't forget a helmet-- safety first!!

Librarygirl 07-03-2013 06:27 AM

That sounds so fun and exciting, Carole!!!:clap::clap: I think it's wonderful that you can actually do your shopping and run errands while also exercizing!! I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm also a little bit jealous. ;)

Eieio 07-03-2013 07:03 AM

I want one

Hi Arkie1
Way cool.
Ive always thought that would be great to have!
So glad u have one.
Be safe:)

tandc90 07-03-2013 08:51 AM

Ooo, fun! My grandmother had one when I was a kid and we loved to ride it.

Here's a tip for you: unlike a two-wheeler you don't lean into your turns on a trike. If you lean you'll tip it, possibly over, or you'll possibly fall off. You just turn the steering wheel like a car. Yes, this is me speaking from experience, lol.

Eieio, I used to live in Springfield. Waving to you and wonderful MO, which I miss terrribly down here in hot and humid Florida.

Pami 07-03-2013 09:16 AM

Good for you, Arkie!
Have fun!

We have a nice bike path 2 blocks from my street.
I need to get out there and take advantage of it.

calichris 07-03-2013 10:06 AM

Carole, that sounds so fun! I'm :) thinking of you riding around in the fresh air on those nice smooth roads. Love it!

arkie1 07-03-2013 05:34 PM

I'm m hoping this will get me up off the couch and out in the sunshine, and also make me a little more social! I've always loved being around other people, and joining in the fun, but since I have gained all this weight back, I'm very reluctant to be around others. I'm afraid they are judging me by my failure to keep to my WOE, which by the way, I touted to the rooftops when following it faithfully!

Anyway, I can hardly wait for it to arrive. Maybe it will be just the incentive I need to get back my "mojo".

Carole