Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Why Sugar May Lead to Binge Eating (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/807257-why-sugar-may-lead-binge-eating.html)

CarolinaCoast 07-02-2013 03:39 AM

Why Sugar May Lead to Binge Eating

Google: Binge eating and Bulimia Certain sugars may prevent your brain from feeling*full

Librarygirl 07-02-2013 04:06 AM

I have found that eating sugary foods, especially by themselves and not after a filling meal, immediately "wakes up" my appetite and has me wanting to consume more and more (sugar). For me, it's not so much that sugary foods don't fill me up as it is the fact that they induce an immediate craving for more of the same. If eaten in conjunction with a meal, it is less of a problem.

CarolinaCoast 07-02-2013 04:12 AM

Exactly! Me, too.

Neverquitsworkin 07-02-2013 05:06 AM

For whatever reason, I eat them even when I'm not "hungry".. but just because it tastes so good.

VioletsGrandMom 07-02-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverquitsworkin (Post 16496372)
For whatever reason, I eat them even when I'm not "hungry".. but just because it tastes so good.

Me too never. I am truly addicted.

dawnyama 07-03-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VioletsGrandMom (Post 16497676)
Me too never. I am truly addicted.

This is me as well. I am addicted too :sad:

CarolinaCoast 07-12-2013 03:41 AM

This week I've been reading "Potatoes Not Prozac" by Kathleen DesMaisons. It deals with healing sugar sensitivity. She has some good suggestions. I found the book used on Amazon.

shirlc 07-12-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast (Post 16511236)
This week I've been reading "Potatoes Not Prozac" by Kathleen DesMaisons. It deals with healing sugar sensitivity. She has some good suggestions. I found the book used on Amazon.

Need to check this out. I have a bad sugar addiction, too!

grammyw/kitties 07-12-2013 09:14 AM

I am a firm believer that sugar is addicting.The more you eat the more you want. If artificial sugar is what you need for a short time so be it.I have eaten diet for so long I don't know if I could bring my mind to do real processed sugar anymore. Till my body says so and my mind says so I guess the artificial will have to do. Another step in the program of an identity change...lol

dawnyama 07-12-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast (Post 16511236)

I have found her later books at my library. I currently have out on loan "Your Last Diet" and "Little Sugar Addicts". I really should read the original!

CarolinaCoast 07-12-2013 10:50 AM

Dawn, check this out. I think you'll find it fascinating.

ACORN Publication - Science of Food Addiction