Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,753
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
July JUDDD newbies

to JUDDD! Jump in and ask all your JUDDD questions here!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
smallerizing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 487
Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Still maintaining my modest little 4 lb loss. I went and got blood work done yesterday, and told my doc I had started this WOE. She hadn't heard of JUDDD but didn't say don't do it.

So yesterday I had a second UD, and will do DD today and tomorrow. I hope doubling up on these isn't a real bad thing this early on, but we had to go to a Missions luncheon yesterday.

I haven't gotten the book yet, since I ordered it only a week ago from a seller that could take ten days to send it. I'm sure after reading it, I won't have so many questions.
__________________
Christine
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,022
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Christine, I wouldn't do back to back DDs (I personally wouldn't do them ever) especially this early on. If you have to change rotations, make tomorrow a MD (60% on the calculator) and then an UD on Thursday. I want you to have the best chance of reaping all the benefits of this amazing WOE, and am concerned about you starting out with so much deprivation so early. Of course, you are free to do whatever you want, so if I'm meddling, ignore me.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member
 
Keta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 40
Gallery: Keta
Stats: 210/196/170 5'9" 50 y/o
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/1/2013


Yesterday I decided to start JUDDD, mostly because of the amazing stats of some of the members here. I read alot of what I could find online, and even ordered the book.
Started on DD, and failed miserably!

I work 4pm to 12:30am a few times a week, and when I got home, I was incredibly hungry and had already used up my 500 cals. (protein shake at 3pm, 180c, another
protein drink at work, 160c, then an Atkins bar around midnight, 120c)
I bought 4 boxes of Slimfast and Atkins bars for my DD's, as Dr. J's website recommends for induction period.
Well, I believe the "candy" similarity of it triggered a binge, and I ended up eating 6 of them before I went to bed! Uhhhhhhgggggg (along with some other stuff I ate)

So, I am going to consider yesterday an Up day, and try again today.

My question is:
Being that I am up until 2 or 3 am most days, can I start my new days at midnight? Or, would it not be best to go to bed after a meal on my UD's?

Also, how do you handle the hunger pangs after the 500 are gone?

Thank you !!!

Keta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,640
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Keta! Don't worry too much about yesterday. I agree with you that bars like that can trigger some bingeing type behavior. I have been known to eat several Atkins bars in an hour or two. Made me so mad, because those things are dang expensive!

I don't really know how it is to work shifts like that, but if I were you, I would just make your day start when you wake up, and end when you go to sleep, like a normal day. But if the days you don't work this shift make your schedule go back to normal, that might be a bit more complicated. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck figuring it all out - I'm sure you can make JUDDD work for you.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,022
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Keta! Don't worry too much about yesterday. I agree with you that bars like that can trigger some bingeing type behavior. I have been known to eat several Atkins bars in an hour or two. Made me so mad, because those things are dang expensive!

I don't really know how it is to work shifts like that, but if I were you, I would just make your day start when you wake up, and end when you go to sleep, like a normal day. But if the days you don't work this shift make your schedule go back to normal, that might be a bit more complicated. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck figuring it all out - I'm sure you can make JUDDD work for you.
Keta and Carol!

I think it would work best to just use your schedule as sleep to sleep, rather than hours in the day. Your DD is effectively 36 hours, give or take, because it includes two periods of sleeping. Whenever you wake on your UD, eat your UD calories from then until you go to sleep, then eat your DD calories during the next "waking hours" if that makes sense.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member
 
Keta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 40
Gallery: Keta
Stats: 210/196/170 5'9" 50 y/o
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/1/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Keta! Don't worry too much about yesterday. I agree with you that bars like that can trigger some bingeing type behavior. I have been known to eat several Atkins bars in an hour or two. Made me so mad, because those things are dang expensive!

I don't really know how it is to work shifts like that, but if I were you, I would just make your day start when you wake up, and end when you go to sleep, like a normal day. But if the days you don't work this shift make your schedule go back to normal, that might be a bit more complicated. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck figuring it all out - I'm sure you can make JUDDD work for you.
Thank you Carol
It does make more sense to do my days that way, I just need to save some calories for when I get home on those late shifts. I can't sleep when I'm hungry! lol
Today I am going to try to wait longer before I have my protein shakes, until I feel hunger really kick in. I do believe I need to stay away from the Atkins and Slimfast bars for now !

Glad to meet you
Carla
Keta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
Keta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 40
Gallery: Keta
Stats: 210/196/170 5'9" 50 y/o
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/1/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Keta and Carol!

I think it would work best to just use your schedule as sleep to sleep, rather than hours in the day. Your DD is effectively 36 hours, give or take, because it includes two periods of sleeping. Whenever you wake on your UD, eat your UD calories from then until you go to sleep, then eat your DD calories during the next "waking hours" if that makes sense.
Thanks for the reply !
I am going to do that
Wondering if most of the people here combine JUDDD with Low Carbing ?
I think it would be best for me to continue with it on my UD's,.. have felt
much better since I have cut out most carbs.

Glad to meet you !
Keta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member
 
Keta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 40
Gallery: Keta
Stats: 210/196/170 5'9" 50 y/o
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/1/2013
... and congrats to both of you on your weight loss !
Keta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,022
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thanks. Also, if the shakes/bars just don't do it for you, many of us started with real food and had no problems. Just make sure to accurately weigh and measure your foods and it works great.

Some stay low carb with JUDDD, but many don't. I don't worry about carbs at all anymore, but I'm not carb-sensitive.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member
 
Trini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 35
Gallery: Trini
Stats: 248/235/165, 5'9"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 27, 2013
I started JUDDD on June 27th. I dabble with low carb, but find the temptations kill me, so I felt it might be easier to try to control not eating, then to avoid getting tempted.
Yesterday was my 3rd DD. The DD are super easy for me. I am not a breakfast person, so I wait until noon and then having something. Evenings are also interesting, but not difficult. I even did a DD when my sister came to visit and we had a BBQ. Lots of water, SF punch and one hot dog.
Amazingly, I feel more energetic now. I've been struggling with my moods and mild depression, and this feels like everything just reset.
I've also started to pay attention to my weird relationship with food. I find that I notice my patterns now that I have choosen not to eat for 3 alternate days. I like to eat when I am bored, but a frequently forget to eat when I am busy.
I've noticed how much I've tried to avoid the feeling of hunger. I was afraid to be hungry because I thought my bloodsugar would freak out and I'd be seriously crabby. One day of not eating and not having mood swings clear that up.
This is my fourth UP day, and it's actually hard to eat. Yesterday, I told myself "you can eat that tomorrow" and
My question is, if it's easy on your DD to start, will it continue being easy or will I get weird cravings or mad impulses to stuff my self as I move along?

Thanks!
Trini
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,386
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yep, eat however you feel best! If that's LC, awesome!

Don't beat yourself up about that DD, it's only one day and you are figuring out what works best for you. Normally that's done by finding out the hard way what doesn't work! LOL!

Welcome!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,386
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Trini, it's different for everyone, of course, but overall, I think DDs get easier. I still have a rough one sometimes, but normally they aren't too bad. Glad you are starting out so well!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member
 
Trini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 35
Gallery: Trini
Stats: 248/235/165, 5'9"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 27, 2013
Thanks!

I find I tend to be a bit competitive, and the down day gives me something to over-achieve. I've been lowering my calories from 500 to 305 yesterday. Is this bad? Good? Or just do what works for me?

I'm 5'9" so I have plenty of room to work with between a DD and UD.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,386
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You can completely fast on DDs if that is your preference! I get hungrier when I eat, so normally shoot for liquid only DDs. Whatever works for you and makes your DD easiest.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,640
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keta View Post
... and congrats to both of you on your weight loss !
Thanks! I always say, if I can do it, anyone can!

I started JUDDD LC, as I transitioned from straight Atkins. That was early September. I slowly started adding back things like fruit, sweet potatoes, beans, peas. Then by Thanksgiving I was eating whatever I wanted. I always like to tell people that the proof of JUDDD is that I lost 9 pounds last December, and ate all the holiday treats I'd been denying myself for years.

I do tend to feel better when I control my carbs, but if there's a yummy dessert or pizza I want, I have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
I started JUDDD on June 27th. I dabble with low carb, but find the temptations kill me, so I felt it might be easier to try to control not eating, then to avoid getting tempted.
Yesterday was my 3rd DD. The DD are super easy for me. I am not a breakfast person, so I wait until noon and then having something. Evenings are also interesting, but not difficult. I even did a DD when my sister came to visit and we had a BBQ. Lots of water, SF punch and one hot dog.
Amazingly, I feel more energetic now. I've been struggling with my moods and mild depression, and this feels like everything just reset.
I've also started to pay attention to my weird relationship with food. I find that I notice my patterns now that I have choosen not to eat for 3 alternate days. I like to eat when I am bored, but a frequently forget to eat when I am busy.
I've noticed how much I've tried to avoid the feeling of hunger. I was afraid to be hungry because I thought my bloodsugar would freak out and I'd be seriously crabby. One day of not eating and not having mood swings clear that up.
This is my fourth UP day, and it's actually hard to eat. Yesterday, I told myself "you can eat that tomorrow" and
My question is, if it's easy on your DD to start, will it continue being easy or will I get weird cravings or mad impulses to stuff my self as I move along?

Thanks!
Trini
Trini! I'm so glad you're finding DDs to be easy. I know just what you mean about avoiding the feeling of hunger. I used to do that too. It was like I couldn't stand that empty feeling. Now I actually love that feeling - I'm having it right now! It means my body is getting a break from digestion and has time to do other work, like healing and burning fat.

You may find you get weird cravings, but it won't be all the time. Plus, with JUDDD, somehow it's easier to use the mental games and tell yourself that even though you may want something, you don't HAVE to have it right then. Knowing you can have it tomorrow is a huge relief and motivator to keep on your DD plan. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
Goner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: eastcoast
Posts: 949
Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
I was a May Newbie and am still learning. The thing that helps me most is writing down what I eat and more important how I feel on DD and UD as to energy, hunger, activity, etc. I found I needed to eat real food and start with breakfast on DDs pretty early on, as I had no energy if I tried to hold out for my 350 calories. I was afraid of what would happen if I found myself hungry at bedtime and no calories left! I needed to know that hunger is not always an emergency, and if I had to go over by a bit on some days - it was ok. You will find a pattern that is unique to you and then stick with it till it doesn't work any more (if that happens) but otherwise just enjoy the ride!

Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,462
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Welcome Keta Trini and Smallerizing

Keta, I only ever tried one slimfast shake and have done JUDDD with real food ever since! There are some excellent threads with ideas for DD menus. I tend to do low carb and low fat on DDs and have lots of veggies with some protein. I found shiratake noodles very useful in winter, when I didn't fancy making salads in my cold kitchen. Through JUDDD, I've also discovered fat free Greek yogurt, glucomannan powder and PB2.
On UD's I include healthy carbs and good fats like butter, coconut oil and avocadoes (and wine and chocolate and .... ).


Trini, you're already seeing that JUDDD can be an exciting journey of self-discovery! Most people seem to find that DDs tend to get easier.


I hope you all have a very enjoyable and successful JUDDD journey.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,462
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
The thing that helps me most is writing down what I eat and more important how I feel on DD and UD as to energy, hunger, activity, etc. I found I needed to eat real food and start with breakfast on DDs pretty early on, as I had no energy if I tried to hold out for my 350 calories. I was afraid of what would happen if I found myself hungry at bedtime and no calories left! I needed to know that hunger is not always an emergency, and if I had to go over by a bit on some days - it was ok. You will find a pattern that is unique to you and then stick with it till it doesn't work any more (if that happens) but otherwise just enjoy the ride!
Thank you Goner. I was going to mention how useful I've found keeping a food and mood diary. Also the menu planning helps keep me on track. However, I find for me it's better to postpone eating as long as possible on DDs - I can't sleep if I'm hungry. Were all different but JUDDD is magic!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 07-02-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 463
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Trini and Keta!! I'm sure you'll love JUDDD
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
smallerizing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 487
Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Christine, I wouldn't do back to back DDs (I personally wouldn't do them ever) especially this early on. If you have to change rotations, make tomorrow a MD (60% on the calculator) and then an UD on Thursday. I want you to have the best chance of reaping all the benefits of this amazing WOE, and am concerned about you starting out with so much deprivation so early. Of course, you are free to do whatever you want, so if I'm meddling, ignore me.
You probably are right! For some reason, I'm really hungry today. Maybe I can start my UD in the middle of Wednesday, or do a 60%. I'll see how long I can hold out.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,594
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Trini and : Keta, it's lovely to have you join us.

It looks like both of you have made a headstart with observations about what works for you and what doesn't, which will be so helpful to you in the coming weeks.

I hope that you both find that the JUDDD WOE and lifestyle suit you.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,934
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Keta and Trini.

You are already getting great answers here.

Keta I would try real food rather than the shakes etc. I know that is what the Dr recommended but most of us enjoy the variety of low calorie foods we can enjoy on a DD. If you wish to continue with LC that is up to you, we all make this work for us in our own way. Hope you can workout a way to fit this into the shift work.

Trini I am so pleased you enjoy your DDs. I find it so interesting that many people fear them and then discover, like you, that hunger is reasonably easy to handle once you accept that it will pass, and we will survive. i doubt you will fall foul of cravings, most of us improve our relationships with food.

Christine, I agree with Dawn, why not try a Medium Day, which is approx 60% of your Dr J numbers. It is hard to remember that this is not a race. You have the rest of your life to lose this weight and sometimes we need to be kind to ourselves.
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,753
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Keta and Trini.

You are already getting great answers here.

Keta I would try real food rather than the shakes etc. I know that is what the Dr recommended but most of us enjoy the variety of low calorie foods we can enjoy on a DD. If you wish to continue with LC that is up to you, we all make this work for us in our own way. Hope you can workout a way to fit this into the shift work.

Trini I am so pleased you enjoy your DDs. I find it so interesting that many people fear them and then discover, like you, that hunger is reasonably easy to handle once you accept that it will pass, and we will survive. i doubt you will fall foul of cravings, most of us improve our relationships with food.

Christine, I agree with Dawn, why not try a Medium Day, which is approx 60% of your Dr J numbers. It is hard to remember that this is not a race. You have the rest of your life to lose this weight and sometimes we need to be kind to ourselves.
all around! ! I am one of those buds that will never get hungry during the day when I'm busy, but I can not sleep if I'm really hungry. I have about 90 calories worth of coffee with creamer on DDs and have about 150 calorie bedtime snack. It has worked for the last 16 months so I'm not going to change it now.

We all find what works best for us. It is really a flexible WOE.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member
 
chelly59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 49
Gallery: chelly59
Stats: 211.8/199.4/175 54yrs
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 4, 2014
Hello Everyone

This is my second day (UD). Drinking a lot of water and feeling good. I have kept my word and came to forum to let you all know, so far this day is successful. Stayed under calorie count and feeling great. Will keep you posted.
chelly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,594
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly59 View Post
This is my second day (UD)...I have kept my word and came to forum to let you all know, so far this day is successful. Stayed under calorie count and feeling great. Will keep you posted.
Well, that is good news. You'll be settling into your rotations in a timely, comfortable fashion.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,753
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Keep up the good work Chelly!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
Goner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: eastcoast
Posts: 949
Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Thank you Goner. I was going to mention how useful I've found keeping a food and mood diary. Also the menu planning helps keep me on track. However, I find for me it's better to postpone eating as long as possible on DDs - I can't sleep if I'm hungry. Were all different but JUDDD is magic!
We are all different, I remember when I first started JUDDD and reading that quite a few people here wait with their DD calories till later in the day - and so I tried that. Although I wasn't so hungry waiting - my energy was so lacking that at first I thought JUDDD wasn't going to work for me. Then I began spreading out my calories (thru trial and error) - and found what works for me. I love that everyone gives their story - it is helpful to know that there are different ways to get in the calories, and still JUDDD. For me - going to bed hungry is ok, but I understand for others it is not. I'm so happy it works for so many! and that I found this site!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,934
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes Goner, this is why I love this particular thread. There is no single answer and it is important to find the path that works for us as individuals.

Sharing our experiences is so useful. Thank you for being such a regular poster.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 985
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
to all the Newbies.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.