Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Agreed. I think I'm just too sensitive to the bounce at this point since I'm so early on with this woe.
piglet513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,024
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I didn't weigh more than once a week during my first couple of months on JUDDD, and ONLY after a DD. Then I got brave and tried after every DD. Pretty soon I wanted to see what it looked like every day. At first that was really hard for me, but I've gotten used to it now. It's a process.

I would agree that if it bothers you, don't do it! Don't do anything that might derail your motivation. Later you'll trust JUDDD and your body a lot more and will be able to weigh daily if you want to.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: southwest Ohio
Posts: 962
Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Yea! Kim that is great news.

Piglet so sorry I did not catch your last message to me. I am trying to do JUDDD with out doing low carb and so far it is doing great. My 4th of July challenge was no looking at the scales from June 16th to 4th of July. It worked for me I lost 7 lbs while off of Atkins and not looking at scales. I might add my numbers are a lot lower then yours. Mine are DD 322 and UD 1612. Just do what the girls say. It doesn't matter if you don't make it all the way up to your DD but DO aim for that UD number and try to keep count. You have to keep that big space inbetween those 2 numbers. When this is all said and done for you and you are at goal you want to end up with a big number not a low one. Oh by the way I said on another post yesterday I had watermelon, mush melon and a piece of my sisters lime cake left over from my last DD that I could not have on the day she made it. This worried me because all or one of these usually makes me jump any where from 3 to 7 lbs on a normal day. because I hold water bad. What did I do the next day. I lost 2 more lbs since the 4th weight in. This is very rare for me.
Just follow the numbers. Don't try to over think it. It is real simple. I see on a lot of sites where people are trying to way over think it. This is the easiest diet I have been on in 62 years. And yes I came out dieting when I was born!

You can do this with out doing Atkins. I have lost 9 lbs in less then a month and yes I have had a few sweets, sandwichthins and baglethins, one day I even had soupbeans and cornbread. I have real oatmeal sometimes with brownsugar splenda,walnuts and craisins in it like McD's is. I have had a lot of things that I have not had in a couple of years while doing Atkins. One day I even had pecan crusted chicken salad with honey mustard dressing and the free piece of pie on Wed. that I did not know about. I counted all of it and still lost. I figured if they were crazy enough to give me a free piece of pie on my up day I was crazy enough to eat it and count it. I knew walking in to get the salad that I had not spent any calories that day so I knew I was ok for the pie. If I had ate already I would not have ate the pie until I got home and checked it out. Don't get me wrong I am not saying you can go crazy all of a sudden but you can have a lot of things that you are not use to eating on Atkins. Just be sure to keep that big gap between you numbers like the girls say and start with the no exercise numbers unless you are very active. Oh and yes you will be less hungery thru the DD if you do stay with your low carb items or some of the girls coffee and Heavy cream days they do. I have tried both ways and the low carb items give the less hungerpains. Good Luck. Just don't look at the scales every day or it will cause you to give up. You sound like you are like me. One look on the scales and I go on a rollercoaster ride if it is up. Just do like a baby would do takeing his first steps. Let go of mom's hand and take the first few steps and before you know it you will be running. SEE Ya!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
That is all GREAT advice! Thank you so much windygap!
piglet513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,402
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
The scale is evil. If it upsets you too much, definitely put it away for awhile! It is so not worth letting it derail your motivation!! Trust that the plan will work if you stick to it. Put the evil little thing away for awhile. You have the power, not that nasty thing!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,026
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I also didn't weigh in daily and I still don't. I think it's difficult at times to feel motivated when you aren't used to the bounce and if you're like me I don't lose weight throughout the week, but pretty much just drop a few pounds all at once.

I've learned that my body tends to hold a lot of water on my DD so I usually weigh after a UD because that's when I tend to lose. I think everyone's bodies are just different and doing what works best for you is all you can do.
__________________
Lisa



"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."

Last edited by LiLi914; 07-09-2013 at 07:52 AM..
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!
 
LoriAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,158
Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
It's great that you're losing. Is your UD that far outside your control if you're losing overall or does it feel worse-controlled than it is (IYSWIM)?

Are you actually hungry and that's driving your consumption or is it head hunger anxiety about wanting a buffer for the DD which some people report?
Actually, I’m pretty sure it’s just trying all the things I’ve been depriving myself from doing LC and overdoing it. For example, yesterday I made meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes with HWC and real butter for dinner. I was not hungry AT ALL, because I had such a large lunch and I was already around 1900c. But I wanted those mashed potatoes badly and allowed myself to have them because it was an up day. SWIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I also didn't weigh in daily and I still don't. I think it's difficult at times to feel motivated when you aren't used to the bounce and if you're like me I don't lose weight throughout the week, but pretty much just drop a few pounds all at once.

I've learned that my body tends to hold a lot of water on my DD so I usually weigh after a UD because that's when I tend to lose. I think everyone's bodies are just different and doing what works best for you is all you can do.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member
 
Trini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 35
Gallery: Trini
Stats: 248/235/165, 5'9"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 27, 2013
I've been plugging along. I'm on day 12. Today is a DD. And, unfortunately, it's TOM. I've been craving ice cream something fierce. Yesterday, I thought of every single ice cream place I could stop at, because heck, it was an UD. But I kept on driving. I decided it was just a TOM craving. I went home and had a beer.

I'm very pleased with this WOE. The DD is not always easy. It's sooooooo mental. But I totally love that I can just tell myself, "you can eat that tomorrow." And, I typically don't bother the next day.

The bouncing around has been a bit exciting to watch. I'm sticking with the new lows and trying to tolerate the high that shows up the next day.

I'm going to shoot for some consistent exercise this week. Especially if I feel bored on an DD.

Today will be interesting because I have a headache. I have a tendency to crave carbs when I get headaches. But, I am not hungry and I have a plan. I'll go grab a pot of green tea if it gets crazy. So far, down 7 pds. , which is enough to keep me motivated.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,783
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Actually, I’m pretty sure it’s just trying all the things I’ve been depriving myself from doing LC and overdoing it. For example, yesterday I made meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes with HWC and real butter for dinner. I was not hungry AT ALL, because I had such a large lunch and I was already around 1900c. But I wanted those mashed potatoes badly and allowed myself to have them because it was an up day. SWIM.
In that case, the excitement may well wear off as you become accustomed to having the foods that you want after a period of going without them. You may feel more comfortable with your UD quite soon because the foodstuffs you want are always available to you if you're prepared to wait a little while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
I've been plugging along. I'm on day 12. ...But I kept on driving. I decided it was just a TOM craving. I went home and had a beer.

I'm very pleased with this WOE....

But, I am not hungry and I have a plan. I'll go grab a pot of green tea if it gets crazy. So far, down 7 pds. , which is enough to keep me motivated.
I'm so pleased that you're 12 days in and 7lbs down (and it's even TOM). It's so wise to have had a plan for deciding whether something was a true need or TOM craving and to have opted for a good alternative. Likewise, you're planning a strategy for coping with headaches (green tea). KUTGW

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-09-2013 at 09:07 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,958
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Actually, I’m pretty sure it’s just trying all the things I’ve been depriving myself from doing LC and overdoing it. For example, yesterday I made meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes with HWC and real butter for dinner. I was not hungry AT ALL, because I had such a large lunch and I was already around 1900c. But I wanted those mashed potatoes badly and allowed myself to have them because it was an up day. SWIM.
This phase seems to happen to many of us who are coming to JUDDD from more restrictive plans, and it almost always goes away once we really get that we can have anything ... and after we have a chance to enjoy some of those formerly forbidden foods. It's not interfering with your losses, so that's awesome! You get to have the mashed potatoes AND lose weight.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member
 
jrudq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 56
Gallery: jrudq
Stats: 165/146/135
WOE: 5:2 now JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Hi,
Brand new to JUDDD, but not Atkins or Fasting.
Quickly...gained lots of weight doing IF treatment, and even more when I finally got pregnant and had a baby! Managed to lose it all and a little more doing Atkins. Happily sailed along until MENOPAUSE, the b*tch that she is, hit. Since then, I have got myself right back where I started. BUT...can't seem to lose it no matter what. Atkins and low carb, simply stopped working.
Starting in June I began the following:
1. Calorie counter and logging food. First time ever. I like it.
2. Started 5:2 - which has gone really well. It is the way I eat naturally, being hungry later in the day, and also being triggered by eating. I did 500 or less for two or three days and then 1200 on my other.
3. I have lost over 10 pounds, but consider the first 3-4 just water.
4. Had a bit of a backslide over the 4th and am a pound up - but I am okay with it. After four days of eating (reasonably, not crazy) and drinking (alot, and kinda crazy!), I am not surprised or too upset.
5. Committed to exercise with a goal of everyday for 30 days doing SOMETHING each day to get me on track. Yesterday was my first day. I have been having a terrible time being motivated to exercise.
FORTUNATELY I found you! And the coffee heavy cream thread! So...today is my first day. I did moderate calories yesterday (700) and today I will do a DD - coffee with HC until I have protein for dinner.
My biggest question is my UD. Eating makes me hungry. I am thinking that I will need to be pretty LC to control my appetite on my DD after the increase on my UD. Anyone else? Any other suggestions, except to stay LC? And what is the best calculator for figuring out my UD? I know I am going to have to work on them.
And by the way, HEAVY CREAM rocks. Still full from my first cup this morning.
Bless you all!
jrudq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #162
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,024
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrudq View Post
Hi,
Brand new to JUDDD, but not Atkins or Fasting.
Quickly...gained lots of weight doing IF treatment, and even more when I finally got pregnant and had a baby! Managed to lose it all and a little more doing Atkins. Happily sailed along until MENOPAUSE, the b*tch that she is, hit. Since then, I have got myself right back where I started. BUT...can't seem to lose it no matter what. Atkins and low carb, simply stopped working.
Starting in June I began the following:
1. Calorie counter and logging food. First time ever. I like it.
2. Started 5:2 - which has gone really well. It is the way I eat naturally, being hungry later in the day, and also being triggered by eating. I did 500 or less for two or three days and then 1200 on my other.
3. I have lost over 10 pounds, but consider the first 3-4 just water.
4. Had a bit of a backslide over the 4th and am a pound up - but I am okay with it. After four days of eating (reasonably, not crazy) and drinking (alot, and kinda crazy!), I am not surprised or too upset.
5. Committed to exercise with a goal of everyday for 30 days doing SOMETHING each day to get me on track. Yesterday was my first day. I have been having a terrible time being motivated to exercise.
FORTUNATELY I found you! And the coffee heavy cream thread! So...today is my first day. I did moderate calories yesterday (700) and today I will do a DD - coffee with HC until I have protein for dinner.
My biggest question is my UD. Eating makes me hungry. I am thinking that I will need to be pretty LC to control my appetite on my DD after the increase on my UD. Anyone else? Any other suggestions, except to stay LC? And what is the best calculator for figuring out my UD? I know I am going to have to work on them.
And by the way, HEAVY CREAM rocks. Still full from my first cup this morning.
Bless you all!
! So glad you found us, and yes, the Coffee/HWC thing is amazing! I love it!

Starting to eat makes me hungry too, so I try and eat very sparingly until lunch or dinner and then I can really have what I want. I guess technically I'm sort of JUDDDing plus using an eating window most days.

It sounds like you are having multiple DDs or at least lower days consecutively. You certainly don't need to do that, and in fact won't be getting the marvelous benefits of JUDDD by doing that regularly. There's something about the wide swing between UDs and DDs that causes the magic. Good luck and post on any of the threads that interest you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member
 
jrudq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 56
Gallery: jrudq
Stats: 165/146/135
WOE: 5:2 now JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
:
It sounds like you are having multiple DDs or at least lower days consecutively. You certainly don't need to do that, and in fact won't be getting the marvelous benefits of JUDDD by doing that regularly. There's something about the wide swing between UDs and DDs that causes the magic. Good luck and post on any of the threads that interest you!
Thanks for the kind welcome!

I know...I need to work on that. I really only decided this morning to go JUDDD and felt like today was a good day to start. Thank you for the words of wisdom.
jrudq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,907
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrudq View Post
Thanks for the kind welcome!

I know...I need to work on that. I really only decided this morning to go JUDDD and felt like today was a good day to start. Thank you for the words of wisdom.
If you google "juddd calculator" you can get your UD and DD calories from Dr. Johnson's website. Most of us use the 'little to no exercise' option and 20% DD numbers, but some people lose better with higher DDs or just can't do very low DDs. The first 2 weeks you can have up to 500 calories on your DD to get yourself use to it. It is really important to eat those UD calories. There are wonderful health benefits as well as weight loss, but that comes from the alternating pattern of high and low days.
__________________
<---- Before Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #165
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,163
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Not new here, but coming back. I tried JUDDD once, but then left for hcg. Have gone to hcg, was miserable at it, went off it to "eat whatever I wanted". That did not work, and I am the biggest I have been in several years so I am back I loved JUDDD while on it, am used to eating only 500 calories--sometimes less, lost a bit of weight while doing it and cannot wait to get back to it. I am at the end of my 2nd DD and cannot wait to eat tomorrow. Actually, just had dinner and can wait to eat til tomorrow. That is the best part I even know that I can follow this plan while on vacation in Japan. I leave in exactly 2 weeks, and knowing that nothing is off limits, only calories on some days, I can do this even on vacation!!! In the land of rice and noodles Anyway, happy to be back here. And looking forward to posting, and posting some of my losses as well.
__________________
Dawn in SC
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #166
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,472
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
back Dawn!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #167
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,163
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
back Dawn!
From one Dawn to another, thanks
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,126
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
WB Dawn! Jrudg and Trini!! The JB's have given you such great advice on everything, including newbie Windygap. I have nothing to add except to welcome you and hope you enjoy JUDDD as much as I do!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #169
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,163
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
That is all GREAT advice! Thank you so much windygap!
I agree very good advice.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #170
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,024
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Welcome back Dawn! How great that you come back knowing you'll do well again. That's a comfort!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,907
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back Dawn!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,783
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I tried JUDDD once, but then left for hcg. Have gone to hcg, was miserable at it,...I loved JUDDD while on it, am used to eating only 500 calories--sometimes less, lost a bit of weight while doing it and cannot wait to get back to it....I even know that I can follow this plan while on vacation in Japan.
Happy Returns to JUDDD, Dawn.

After living through hcg, JUDDD must seem like a stroll in the park.

Your family vacation in Japan sounds fabulous.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #173
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,163
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Happy Returns to JUDDD, Dawn.

After living through hcg, JUDDD must seem like a stroll in the park.

Your family vacation in Japan sounds fabulous.
Sounds fabulous. Yeah, "sounds" is correct. I am more stressed out than anything. It takes 24 hours on a plane to get there, with 3 plane changes 2 of my 4 kids have not been on a plane before. And the 2 that have were too young to remember. We had someone pay for the tickets (thank God because we cannot afford 6 tickets to Okinawa at $2,200 a piece ). Now that we have definite plans to go, we don't have a place to stay. We were thinking we could stay with DH's mom in her house, but she says she has a small house with no room for 6 visitors, and only one bathroom. Acommodations are lacking at this point and we don't know where we will stay. I figure we will pitch a tent in the backyard and sleep under the stars. But DH says we have to watch out for bugs and critters if we do that And the one who paid for our tickets (my DH's aunt, God bless her) is ill and may not go with us.

I know it will work itself out, but the stress leading up to this trip is about to kill me This will be our first time on an airplane with our type 1 diabetic daughter, so we have that stress too. The time change alone is going to throw us off because she has an insulin pump. The logistics are enough to make me feel like this And stress makes me eat, and eat not so good things. So knowing I can eat eod, is a good thing.

Now, that was more than I planned on posting, but thanks for reading/listening. Just had to get that out there. I am so stressed.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,402
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Sounds fabulous. Yeah, "sounds" is correct. I am more stressed out than anything. It takes 24 hours on a plane to get there, with 3 plane changes 2 of my 4 kids have not been on a plane before. And the 2 that have were too young to remember. We had someone pay for the tickets (thank God because we cannot afford 6 tickets to Okinawa at $2,200 a piece ). Now that we have definite plans to go, we don't have a place to stay. We were thinking we could stay with DH's mom in her house, but she says she has a small house with no room for 6 visitors, and only one bathroom. Acommodations are lacking at this point and we don't know where we will stay. I figure we will pitch a tent in the backyard and sleep under the stars. But DH says we have to watch out for bugs and critters if we do that And the one who paid for our tickets (my DH's aunt, God bless her) is ill and may not go with us.

I know it will work itself out, but the stress leading up to this trip is about to kill me This will be our first time on an airplane with our type 1 diabetic daughter, so we have that stress too. The time change alone is going to throw us off because she has an insulin pump. The logistics are enough to make me feel like this And stress makes me eat, and eat not so good things. So knowing I can eat eod, is a good thing.

Now, that was more than I planned on posting, but thanks for reading/listening. Just had to get that out there. I am so stressed.
Oh my!!! I just want to give you some and say HOLY COW! Deep breaths love. You will get through this!!!! Welcome back, too!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #175
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,024
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
More coming Dawn! That is a lot of stress. You'll get it all figured out. I'm sure not knowing where you'll be staying is a big stress. How wonderful to have had your tickets paid for - what a sweet and generous aunt!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #176
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,163
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Thanks so much ladies. She is such a great woman. She is DH's only relative over here in the States so she takes care of us. My Dh says that if she isn't better we may not get to go either. I don't what will happen now. There are 8 of us traveling together. We have been waiting on this trip for 2 years, my kids have been so disappointed so many times because they have been told alternatively "we are going" "nope, we are not". This will crush them if we cancel. I think she can stick it out/suck it up enough for us to get over there. But she is elderly and would feel more comfortable being sick at home. I know that, I get that. But my kids......they have been waiting so long for this trip. Ugh, I just wish the 23rd would get here so I can relax a bit.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!
 
tobelowcarber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,399
Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/122.2/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
back Dawn!!!! Trip sounds very exciting and I am sure it is stressful but I bet you will have a great time!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #178
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,163
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
back Dawn!!!! Trip sounds very exciting and I am sure it is stressful but I bet you will have a great time!
Nice to see you !!! I know we will, just the getting there is the hard part! I just need to quit listening to all the talk beforehand and let DH and his aunt discuss it. Problem is they tell me these things.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member
 
KYSoccerMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 139
Gallery: KYSoccerMom
Stats: Height: 5'0" Weight: 147.0/143.5/110.0
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 3/9/14
I have been posting in the daily weigh-in thread, but thought this was a better question for the Newbie thread. I had a weight loss of more than 3 lbs in a weeks time (hit my new low--woo hoo!) My question is about my hunger....is it normal to be hungrier than normal after a significant drop? Maybe the bodies way of trying to compensate for it? I was supposed to have a DD today, but found I was way too hungry and turned it into an UD. Just wondering if this was normal or just me. Thanks.
__________________
Debbie
KYSoccerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #180
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,024
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Debbie, I've heard it said that a particularly hungry DD can precede a nice whoosh. I've had it happen that way. I've also had it happen when a whoosh was nowhere to be found!

Some DDs are just hungry. It could be hormonal, or just that your body didn't get enough of a nutrient or protein or something the day before. Or it could be nothing at all! I doubt you're seeing a pattern here, so try to relax and just trust JUDDD and your body.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.