Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Thanks everyone!! I did have my bounce up...my official weight loss after 5 weeks of JUDDD is 11.2 pounds, I have about 3 pounds to goal now...they will probably come off slowly but that's ok I went to the lake yesterday and had about 1200 cals which is above my #s for my MD, so I expected the small bounce, however today is my DD which I am looking forward to I wore size 8 shorts yesterday

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Doing great, Kim! It's fun to see your success.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Holy WOW am I behind!!!!! I apologize if I've missed anyone new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
This morning, after a pretty successful DD (only went over 160 cal, but with my amount of exercise yesterday, my net cals were -88! ) I am down 4 pounds this morning! Doing a little happy dance.... That is four pounds in less than a week! And it felt fairly easy. The best part is my fasting blood glucose was really good...and my highest reading all day yesterday was 130. This is a GREAT improvement. I am pretty happy.
Good for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie124 View Post
Hi friends! I am brand new to JUDDD. I've made it through 2 DDs and am on my second UD today. So far, so good! I am hoping this is the answer for me! I lost 50 pounds about 4 years ago through WW and the "simply filling" plan (called core back then). I kept all but 10 pounds off for years but my weight has been slowly creeping up again and nothing I do seems to take it back off. I'm 14lbs over goal, and while that's not a lot, I've been spinning my wheels trying to get it off for over a year (lots of calorie counting and exercising). I'm tired of "doing everything right" with no results. I'm ready to shake things up and get to where I want to be. I'm crossing my fingers that JUDDD can help me get there!
Welcome & hope the Juddd shake up helps bust through to that goal weight quickly! (bet it will!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkytinkpink View Post
Hi there folks

I've been lurking this board for some time now and have decided to come out .

I've been doing Juddd for some time now and although not low carb (I'm a plant-based starchivor) love the good vibe here, so I thought I would join you wonderful peeps.

I'm potato hacking at the moment just for the hell of it. I've been 127lbs it seems forever and I'm quite happy with it although it would be interesting to see if I could lower my set-point. I'm an Eating Behaviour Analyst which means I am interested in all things diet and diet behaviour related, so I'm calling this my experiment of one and may even write up about it on my blog (after the event).

So, that's me for now and off to eat another 'tater.

Kerry
Welcome to you, Kerry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
After stalling out for a while, I upped my UD calories back to the recommended 2090 and it looks like the scale might be moving again! I hit 185.4 two days ago, although back up to 186 even though yesterday was a DD.
I stalled when I lowered my numbers and started losing again when I went back to the original ones. Don't change them until they stop working for awhile! I'm glad the evil scale is showing you some love again! It's fickle!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
Hi everyone and hello from Germany!

Restart for me, so I'm a newbie again. I started JUDDD last summer - half-heartedly I must admit - but fell off the wagon on vacation and haven't started again until now. I can't even say why, stupid me, because I really liked this way of eating.

So, first DownDay today and it has been surprisingly easy until now (fingers crossed). And this time, I won't be a quitter!
Welcome back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hello! I am a July newbie. After completing my first DD; I decided to give this a shot. I've been steadily losing around 2 lbs a week but noticed all the successes; so I'm joining you!
Awesome job!! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocat View Post
Hi everyone. I've been reading and feel like I know you all already!
I've lost 78 pounds so far on Atkins, but have just stalled out. I'm in that drop 2 pounds gain 2 pounds mode and have been stuck here for a while. I really want to get all the way to goal and I think that JUDDD might be a way to get things moving again. I played around with it a little last week and officially started today with my first down day. So far so good and I really appreciate the ideas, recipes and suggestions in all these threads! I got my magic pops and laughing cow cheese and my bags of shredded cabbage and I feel good to go.
Fabulous job!!! Hope you're doing well with the new plan & welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejolie View Post
Hi! Am glad to be joining this board!

I've been on too many diets to count in the past but never found a way to maintain the losses in a way that is a no-brainer WOE. However, I went on a 7 week camping trip with my youngest son a couple of years ago, and lost 8 pounds during the trip. In hind sight, I was inadvertently following a version of ADF (we just ran out of food 2-3 times a week...)

I started out at 183 on 7/14 and am down to 179.8 this morning (after an UD). I also have a BF/muscle scale and am pleased to see that my BF% has gone down by 0.6% and the muscle % has gone UP by 0.6%. I've checked out the calculator on Johnson's site and have replicated the algorithm into my own excel spreadsheet so that I can see where I should be at (very happy to see that it should be ~150 for Xmas!) And hopefully at my goal weight by my 49th birthday in 13 months.

In the past, I've always been in such a rush to lose weight but now that I'm getting older (and maybe a little wiser), I'm not looking for anything fast (no pun intended) as much of a WOE that is sensible and more importantly, sustainable since menopause is around the corner and it's not like I'm going into a swimsuit competition in this lifetime.

Over 25 years ago I lost 50-60 pounds on Scarsdale and kept it off (even after my oldest son was born) for about 15 years just by using a 2 pound STOP signal and doing a Scarsdale day when the scale read over 125. Funnily enough, that worked out to dieting about 1-2 days a week which I was totally comfortable doing. Somehow though, when I quit smoking in 1997 and gained 30 pounds in record time - and then had my youngest son in 2000, I lost that self-monitoring ability and avoided the scale completely. Just too many other stresses in life with raising 2 kids on my own I guess...

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, glad to be having a down day with all of you!
Bet you will love it here & do fabulous!! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo121 View Post
I just started and this is my second week on JUDDD...
Maybe this question has been beaten to death, but on my UD, what if I do not fulfill all of my calories? Will that stall me out? Right now I need 500DD/2500UD...
I don't think I can eat that much on UD during the weekdays, but weekends are a different story...
Just wanted to say welcome to you! (PS: eat some higher caloric foods on UDs to get you close to those numbers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Hey everyone, I am not exactly 'new' to JUDDD I have been following this WOE for about 6 weeks total, although the last week has been a write off

Back on track (almost) today - started with a DD day, I have had 416 calories - bit higher than what I hoped for but I have had an awful headache, think I need to drink more water!!

I have been reading through all the post's and everyone is doing brilliantly
Welcome to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
Hey there you guys are I have been looking for the jul newbie thread all over!
I started incorporating the EOD JUDDD concept this week. Day 4 I can get into this. I am seeing 3lbs loss
I am staying on plan with my LC WOE. But I do 600 DD 1500 UD calories.
It seems to be giving me a boost I need. At my age I have to include a bit of calorie counting. Although I am allowed up to 2400 cal. I get stalls. I keep at 50grams of low glycemic carbs. I just don't need the high ones.They make me fat and I feel like crap eating them.
welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
Thanks everyone!! I did have my bounce up...my official weight loss after 5 weeks of JUDDD is 11.2 pounds, I have about 3 pounds to goal now...they will probably come off slowly but that's ok I went to the lake yesterday and had about 1200 cals which is above my #s for my MD, so I expected the small bounce, however today is my DD which I am looking forward to I wore size 8 shorts yesterday

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Kim
That's incredible!! Good for you!!!

Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Thanks Melinda and Christina!!!!!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote