Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohiocat
Stats: 252/174/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/5/2012
Hi everyone. I've been reading and feel like I know you all already!
I've lost 78 pounds so far on Atkins, but have just stalled out. I'm in that drop 2 pounds gain 2 pounds mode and have been stuck here for a while. I really want to get all the way to goal and I think that JUDDD might be a way to get things moving again. I played around with it a little last week and officially started today with my first down day. So far so good and I really appreciate the ideas, recipes and suggestions in all these threads! I got my magic pops and laughing cow cheese and my bags of shredded cabbage and I feel good to go.

One question. Do all of you do every other day? I would like to do down days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so that I could do up days on both weekend days. I'm just not sure how successful I'd be with down days on the weekend. How much do you think 2 up days in a row would effect things?

Thanks for any feedback!
ohiocat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Ohiocat! You sound like you're well prepared and ready to go full bore! I do EOD rotations, and my belief is that this schedule will give you the best/fastest losses. But you gotta be able to live with it too, so if it's too hard to have a DD on the weekend, all you can do is try 2 UDs each weekend and see what happens.

Your losses are phenomenal! And you're getting quite close to your goal! How exciting - are you starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Rinkytinkpink is a great handle, I think I'll just write Pink though, lol. Welcome to JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rinkytinkpink
Rinkytinkpink...it's so easy for me to remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Rinkytinkpink is a great handle, I think I'll just write Pink though, lol. Welcome to JUDDD.
Thanks Kissa...I have been using the handle from the beginning of time it seems! I can't even remember how it evolved but it's so easy for me to remember.

I see you are in the UK, I'm in Bexhill on the south east coast between Hastings and Brighton.

Also, I saw you mentioned about having a headache due maybe to the impeding storms on one of the threads. I really related to it as I was off colour yesterday with a stinking headache and the shakes. I blamed it on my 'tater hack, but actually it could be to do with the weather. We were/are due storms here and it's so humid. I can't complain though because at least we have a little sea breeze on the prom.

Kerry xxxx
rinkytinkpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocat View Post
One question. Do all of you do every other day? I would like to do down days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so that I could do up days on both weekend days. I'm just not sure how successful I'd be with down days on the weekend. How much do you think 2 up days in a row would effect things?
I did EOD during induction and beyond and then I switched to 4:3 as it's a better fit to my sports commitments.

In the general scheme of things, having 2 UDs consecutively adds a negligible number of calories over the long term and is very unlikely to impede your losses.

Good luck with trialling JUDDD, OhioCat, and I hope that you enjoy it.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

Thanks for any feedback!
For weight loss I do every other day rotations. with EOD rotations I lost about 8-11 pounds per month. The one month I did DD on M,W,F I only lost 3 pounds, but like Carol said this way of eating needs to be sustainable so you need to do what will work long term.

You may come to enjoy your DDs as many of us had and you really may not mind a DD over the weekend.

!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #307

Pink, a number of us Brits post on the little UK site, I'll add a link.

Here you are, UK/Expats July

Last edited by Kissa; 07-23-2013 at 03:45 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Second DD today!
I've been running this morning (wohooooo) and until now (nearly 2pm here in Germany) I had nothing but a protein shake with 150 calories. It's not easy, but I have work enough to divert myself from thinking about food. I hope...

Quote:
One question. Do all of you do every other day? I would like to do down days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so that I could do up days on both weekend days. I'm just not sure how successful I'd be with down days on the weekend.
I plan to stick with every other day rotations as long as I can. I don't trust myself, especially on weekends.

Last edited by Monkeypenny; 07-23-2013 at 04:50 AM..
Monkeypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy_Bunny
Stats: 220/184.8/160 5'7"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 9, 2013
to the newest JUDDD'ers and to the seasoned. Posted more in the labor day thread but wanted to put here too that I'm down 2lbs this week and feeling great! Induction is over....full speed ahead!

Last edited by Fluffy_Bunny; 07-23-2013 at 05:56 AM..
Fluffy_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Started JUDDD July 14

Hi! Am glad to be joining this board!

I've been on too many diets to count in the past but never found a way to maintain the losses in a way that is a no-brainer WOE. However, I went on a 7 week camping trip with my youngest son a couple of years ago, and lost 8 pounds during the trip. In hind sight, I was inadvertently following a version of ADF (we just ran out of food 2-3 times a week...)

I started out at 183 on 7/14 and am down to 179.8 this morning (after an UD). I also have a BF/muscle scale and am pleased to see that my BF% has gone down by 0.6% and the muscle % has gone UP by 0.6%. I've checked out the calculator on Johnson's site and have replicated the algorithm into my own excel spreadsheet so that I can see where I should be at (very happy to see that it should be ~150 for Xmas!) And hopefully at my goal weight by my 49th birthday in 13 months.

In the past, I've always been in such a rush to lose weight but now that I'm getting older (and maybe a little wiser), I'm not looking for anything fast (no pun intended) as much of a WOE that is sensible and more importantly, sustainable since menopause is around the corner and it's not like I'm going into a swimsuit competition in this lifetime.

Over 25 years ago I lost 50-60 pounds on Scarsdale and kept it off (even after my oldest son was born) for about 15 years just by using a 2 pound STOP signal and doing a Scarsdale day when the scale read over 125. Funnily enough, that worked out to dieting about 1-2 days a week which I was totally comfortable doing. Somehow though, when I quit smoking in 1997 and gained 30 pounds in record time - and then had my youngest son in 2000, I lost that self-monitoring ability and avoided the scale completely. Just too many other stresses in life with raising 2 kids on my own I guess...

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, glad to be having a down day with all of you!
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elphie124
Stats: 146/133/130ish 5'6"
WOE: JUDDD for loss / eating mindfully for maintenance
Start Date: 7/15/13
jacquelinejolie!
elphie124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
Second DD today!
I've been running this morning (wohooooo) and until now (nearly 2pm here in Germany) I had nothing but a protein shake with 150 calories. It's not easy, but I have work enough to divert myself from thinking about food. I hope...

I plan to stick with every other day rotations as long as I can. I don't trust myself, especially on weekends.
It'll get much easier to stick to. You'll be surprised before long how easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejolie View Post

I've been on too many diets to count in the past but never found a way to maintain the losses in a way that is a no-brainer WOE. However, I went on a 7 week camping trip with my youngest son a couple of years ago, and lost 8 pounds during the trip. In hind sight, I was inadvertently following a version of ADF (we just ran out of food 2-3 times a week...)

I started out at 183 on 7/14 and am down to 179.8 this morning (after an UD). I also have a BF/muscle scale and am pleased to see that my BF% has gone down by 0.6% and the muscle % has gone UP by 0.6%. I've checked out the calculator on Johnson's site and have replicated the algorithm into my own excel spreadsheet so that I can see where I should be at (very happy to see that it should be ~150 for Xmas!) And hopefully at my goal weight by my 49th birthday in 13 months.

In the past, I've always been in such a rush to lose weight but now that I'm getting older (and maybe a little wiser), I'm not looking for anything fast (no pun intended) as much of a WOE that is sensible and more importantly, sustainable since menopause is around the corner and it's not like I'm going into a swimsuit competition in this lifetime.

Over 25 years ago I lost 50-60 pounds on Scarsdale and kept it off (even after my oldest son was born) for about 15 years just by using a 2 pound STOP signal and doing a Scarsdale day when the scale read over 125. Funnily enough, that worked out to dieting about 1-2 days a week which I was totally comfortable doing. Somehow though, when I quit smoking in 1997 and gained 30 pounds in record time - and then had my youngest son in 2000, I lost that self-monitoring ability and avoided the scale completely. Just too many other stresses in life with raising 2 kids on my own I guess...

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, glad to be having a down day with all of you!
! I'm impressed that you were able to maintain so well years ago. That is what I strive to do when I get to goal too, is give myself a 5 pound swing and as soon as I hit the top weight, I'll take swift action. I hope you will love JUDDD!

I hope I haven't missed anyone new here. If I have, sorry and !
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #313

How interesting that you lost on the camping trip with enforced fasts, lol. I hope you have found the answer as I did, and the support here is so great, it gets us through any doubting times.

So welcome jacquelinejolie!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
JacquelineJolie. That's a good and realistic mindset with which to embrace JUDDD

If you settle in well together, you may well be lifelong companions so it's wise to be thinking like this in anticipation of a pleasant life together.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #315
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rinkytinkpink
Fail to plan /plan to fail?

Quote:
Pink, a number of us Brits post on the little UK site, I'll add a link.

Here you are, UK/Expats July
Thanks Kissa for this.

I might also post this on the July thread, but I wanted to know if people found that planning their UD's and DD helped them stay on track.

I do plan because it stops my the chattering monkeys in my head ie: 'did I eat enough, to much, to little blah, blah'. I plan for the day and then forget about food until it's time to eat.

If I'm going to a friends for dinner on a UD I allow myself a 'free day' where I go ahead and enjoy but stay mindful, because in my experience cheat days = sick days. Too much food and I get a food hangover the next day, yuk!

Kerry x
rinkytinkpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Thanks everyone!!

If you settle in well together, you may well be lifelong companions so it's wise to be thinking like this in anticipation of a pleasant life together.[/QUOTE]

So true Slowsure! This time I wanted something that I could lose on AND use for the rest of my life to maintain (although I do hope that I can maintain at some point on DD's 2 or less days a week). That meant a WOE that I never want to stop doing (begin as you mean to go on and all that...). So far it's easy peasy and I'm loving it!
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/134.2/135
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing great this week. Another question for those maintaining. I got down to 134 and started maintainence. I'm now up to 137. Will my weight even out as my body gets used to doing 5:2 or should I go back to EOD rotations and get back to 134 solidly?
Thanks a mil!
MrsAndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #319

Try throwing in an extra DD now and then. That is what I do. If I really don't like the numbers I do a week or two of EOD.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkytinkpink View Post
I might also post this on the July thread, but I wanted to know if people found that planning their UD's and DD helped them stay on track.

I do plan because it stops my the chattering monkeys in my head ie: 'did I eat enough, to much, to little blah, blah'. I plan for the day and then forget about food until it's time to eat.
Exactly the same here. I'm in my first JUDDDing week and planning UD and DDs helps me a lot!
Monkeypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommyto3nj
Stats: 143/143/130
Start Date: July 19, 2013
Its my third DD and I weigh in tomorrow! I'm a bit nervous. So far I'm not loving this as much as I would like. I know its early on so hopefully it gets better. I do love my UP though
mommyto3nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndi View Post
question for those maintaining. I got down to 134 and started maintainence. I'm now up to 137. Will my weight even out as my body gets used to doing 5:2 or should I go back to EOD rotations and get back to 134 solidly?
Quote:
Try throwing in an extra DD now and then. That is what I do. If I really don't like the numbers I do a week or two of EOD.
It's too early in my maintenance to say but this sounds right to me. I'm still on 4:3 because DH is and it's easier that way (which is probably why I've dropped a tiny bit more).
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodo121
Stats: 215/170/145 5'8"
WOE: 2/15/2013 Atkins. 7/16/2013 JUDDD
Start Date: 2/15/2013
I just started and this is my second week on JUDDD...
Maybe this question has been beaten to death, but on my UD, what if I do not fulfill all of my calories? Will that stall me out? Right now I need 500DD/2500UD...
I don't think I can eat that much on UD during the weekdays, but weekends are a different story...
dodo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #324

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo121 View Post
Maybe this question has been beaten to death, but on my UD, what if I do not fulfill all of my calories? Will that stall me out? Right now I need 500DD/2500UD...
I don't think I can eat that much on UD during the weekdays, but weekends are a different story...
This is one of those "YMMV" things. Dr. Johnson indicated you don't have to eat all your UD calories, but several of us have found that we do, in fact, stall if we don't eat at least close to them on a regular basis. I'm one who chooses to eat ALL of mine as often as possible. The most important thing seems to be keeping a wide swing between the UD and DD calories.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
TO ALL THE !!!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Your stats say you are 175. 500/2500 sounds awfully high. I don't know your age, but that seems quite high. If you are a 40 yr old female your numbers should be about 1850/380.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndi View Post
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing great this week. Another question for those maintaining. I got down to 134 and started maintainence. I'm now up to 137. Will my weight even out as my body gets used to doing 5:2 or should I go back to EOD rotations and get back to 134 solidly?
Thanks a mil!
If the numbers are creeping up you can throw an extra DD in or do 4:3 for a bit.

Last edited by Carly; 07-24-2013 at 04:31 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #327

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
dodo's a dude and young IIRC, with the lucky metabolic advantage that gives.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 07-24-2013 at 04:47 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodo121
Stats: 215/170/145 5'8"
WOE: 2/15/2013 Atkins. 7/16/2013 JUDDD
Start Date: 2/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
dodo's a dude and young IIRC, with the lucky metabolic advantage that gives.
Yes, I'm male, 33 yrs old.

I went to the JUDDD website calculator and that's the calorie intake it gave me...

Thanks for your opinions. Let's work on this together and shed these slimy pounds away!
dodo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes, I'm male, 33 yrs old.

I went to the JUDDD website calculator and that's the calorie intake it gave me...

Thanks for your opinions. Let's work on this together and shed these slimy pounds away!
You are lucky! Enjoy those UD calories to the max!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 156.6/144.0/136 5' 3"
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi everyone...now into my 5th week of JUDDD...it is going so well ...I am within 5 pounds of my goal weight. Have lost 10.2 pounds so far...being so close things might slow down a bit now but I am very happy where I am and I feel so great!! Sirt1 is so AWESOME!!!!! Hope all you s are doing well, I know when I get to goal I need to do something different than last time...I got there in March and I totally DERAILED. I will figure it out when I get there...

Had a DD today, had 3 atkins shakes for 450 cals...feel good

Kim