Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
I weighed this morning- down another pound. That makes 8 in a week. I fully expect the losses to slow down, but its such a great start! I am pretty excited. And this week has not been hard, and my husband has been very supportive. I even went to a 'party' last night and was able to pretty much keep within my DD boundaries. Happy!
Ellen770 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
I weighed this morning- down another pound. That makes 8 in a week. I fully expect the losses to slow down, but its such a great start! I am pretty excited. And this week has not been hard, and my husband has been very supportive. I even went to a 'party' last night and was able to pretty much keep within my DD boundaries. Happy!
Holy WOW!! I don't know that I've ever seen those kind of results. Great job!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
YAY Ellen!!!! That's awesome!!!!!

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Holy WOW!! I don't know that I've ever seen those kind of results. Great job!
Yes! Holy wow indeed!!!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #275

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh my goodness Ellen! That's fantastic!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
Quote:
Congrats on your weight loss!
MrsAndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Woot! Woot! Awesome kickoff!!!!! KUTGW!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Fantastic Ellen! What a great loss in a week. KUTGW!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommyto3nj
Stats: 151/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 27, 2014
Holy wow! 8 days in a week?! What diet were you doing first? I'm on day two but nowhere expecting those results! lol Good for you
mommyto3nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #280

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kim, glad you are doing well. It is a great plan.

Holy Wow indeed Ellen! You have had an amazing start.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Thanks Cindy...I am truly a happy camper

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy_Bunny
Stats: 220/184.8/160 5'7"
Start Date: July 9, 2013
Congrats on your first week's loss Ellen! That's amazing!
Fluffy_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
Start Date: July 2013
Good evening! Thanks for the encouragement...I think my results were good because I DO exercise a lot...and I have been eating low carb (translation: high fat! ) so its been a bit of a shock treatment to my metabolism to switch to calorie counting. Makes me wonder if low fat was what I needed all along....

Tonight we went out to dinner to Mellow Mushroom. I can't remember the last time we went out for pizza...it was so much fun to not feel guilty about it. My husband eats gluten free, and they even have a gluten free crust so it was a win win for us. I only ate half of my pizza...I brought the other half home for my lunch on my next UD, Monday. I am amazed at how easily I have *stopped* eating when I was full...used to eat till the food was gone. Now I can feel satiated and its ok to not clean my plate.

My calories for the UD were right on the money...tho I feel pretty full.

I really appreciate the support and help you all have given...I hope I can return the favor as our journeys continue....
Ellen770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #284

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am certain you will Ellen, we we'd all Newbies once.

I think one of the most wonderful things, for me, about moving from LC to JUDDD was the joy of eating at any and every restaurant. My family were pretty pleased too.

And yes, learning to listen to the satiety messages was good too. I did tend to overeat while doing Atkins. My fault entirely, not his! But now I understand how good it feels to leave the table not bloated.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:24 AM   #285
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rinkytinkpink
I'm a lurker who's just come out!

Hi there folks

I've been lurking this board for some time now and have decided to come out .

I've been doing Juddd for some time now and although not low carb (I'm a plant-based starchivor) love the good vibe here, so I thought I would join you wonderful peeps.

I'm potato hacking at the moment just for the hell of it. I've been 127lbs it seems forever and I'm quite happy with it although it would be interesting to see if I could lower my set-point. I'm an Eating Behaviour Analyst which means I am interested in all things diet and diet behaviour related, so I'm calling this my experiment of one and may even write up about it on my blog (after the event).

So, that's me for now and off to eat another 'tater.

Kerry
rinkytinkpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
After stalling out for a while, I upped my UD calories back to the recommended 2090 and it looks like the scale might be moving again! I hit 185.4 two days ago, although back up to 186 even though yesterday was a DD.

I guess I'm not going to be one of those people who can lose 6 pounds in a month, but if I can do half that, it's better than nothing!

Meanwhile, I am trying to take care of some health issues I've put off because I was working 60 hours a week or more for so long. The cardiologist didn't like this JUDDD at all, but he was ok with trying it as long as I'm eating "heart healthy" on UD's. (I am, mostly) The gynecologist was adamantly opposed. She said that "women our age" should eat 1200 calories per day to maintain. Of course, I get less than that averaged out! I told her I'm going to try this for a couple more months, since it looked like I'm losing.

I have to make this work!

Piglet, I got my book on Amazon too, but I think it might have been counter-productive in one aspect. The doc says not to worry about having the full allotment of UD calories, but a lot of folks here said that some people need it to avoid the metabolic madness that our bodies tend to resort to when calories are deprived. I'm starting to think that maybe the book is good for overall info, but it seems that people who are DOING it (and some of them VERY well) are experts in their own right.

Thank you all for your help!! It really means a lot!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Hi everyone and hello from Germany!

Restart for me, so I'm a newbie again. I started JUDDD last summer - half-heartedly I must admit - but fell off the wagon on vacation and haven't started again until now. I can't even say why, stupid me, because I really liked this way of eating.

So, first DownDay today and it has been surprisingly easy until now (fingers crossed). And this time, I won't be a quitter!
Monkeypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkytinkpink View Post

I've been doing Juddd for some time
Kerry - good for you for deciding to post and let us all know that you're JUDDDing. Best wishes for your potato hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
Restart for me, so I'm a newbie again. I started JUDDD last summer...

So, first DownDay today and it has been surprisingly easy until now (fingers crossed). And this time, I won't be a quitter!
MonkeyPenny - I'm another re-tread myself who started back at the beginning of 2013. As for being a quitter - I wonder if you're someone who now knows what not to do and is thus better prepared for success this time around? I hope that this time around, you and JUDDD gel together and work out something that fits your commitments.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
After stalling out for a while, I upped my UD calories back to the recommended 2090 and it looks like the scale might be moving again!...

I'm starting to think that maybe the book is good for overall info, but it seems that people who are DOING it (and some of them VERY well) are experts in their own right.
It does seem odd that people here stress it so much but it seems eminently sensible to anticipate your long-term success with JUDDD and start planning for how much you are likely to want to eat when you're maintaining.

You don't want to be in a position where you're at your ideal weight but you need to eat a negligible number of calories to maintain it and you settle with a body composition that has a relatively small muscle mass.

Eat the highest range of kcals that keeps your losing at a sustainable rate. Only tweak it when there has been a cessation of both weight loss and inch loss for approx. 6 weeks (other people's tolerance level may vary) in the absence of any other contraindication.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
As for being a quitter - I wonder if you're someone who now knows what not to do and is thus better prepared for success this time around? I hope that this time around, you and JUDDD gel together and work out something that fits your commitments.
I definitely think so. Learned a lot about me and my eating patterns in the last months. I've tried daily fasting with eating windows which will be great for maintainance, but not for losing (at least not for me). And I thought about restarting JUDDD so many times, because it fits to me and my eating patterns.

So, my main cognition: Stop analyzing and stop thinking about it and start doing!
(Which I did today. )
Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkytinkpink View Post
Hi there folks

I've been doing Juddd for some time now and although not low carb (I'm a plant-based starchivor) love the good vibe here, so I thought I would join you wonderful peeps.

I'm potato hacking at the moment just for the hell of it. I've been 127lbs it seems forever and I'm quite happy with it although it would be interesting to see if I could lower my set-point. I'm an Eating Behaviour Analyst which means I am interested in all things diet and diet behaviour related, so I'm calling this my experiment of one and may even write up about it on my blog (after the event).

So, that's me for now and off to eat another 'tater.

Kerry
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
Hi everyone and hello from Germany!

Restart for me, so I'm a newbie again. I started JUDDD last summer - half-heartedly I must admit - but fell off the wagon on vacation and haven't started again until now. I can't even say why, stupid me, because I really liked this way of eating.

back!

Quote:
It does seem odd that people here stress it so much but it seems eminently sensible to anticipate your long-term success with JUDDD and start planning for how much you are likely to want to eat when you're maintaining.

You don't want to be in a position where you're at your ideal weight but you need to eat a negligible number of calories to maintain it and you settle with a body composition that has a relatively small muscle mass.

Eat the highest range of kcals that keeps your losing at a sustainable rate. Only tweak it when there has been a cessation of both weight loss and inch loss for approx. 6 weeks (other people's tolerance level may vary) in the absence of any other contraindication.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hello! I am a July newbie. After completing my first DD; I decided to give this a shot. I've been steadily losing around 2 lbs a week but noticed all the successes; so I'm joining you!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Kerry, Monkeypenny, and Jennifer May!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #294
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hello! I am a July newbie. After completing my first DD; I decided to give this a shot. I've been steadily losing around 2 lbs a week but noticed all the successes; so I'm joining you!
!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:

Plan NOW about maintaining? I'm just trying to find something that will allow my crazy metabolism to let me lose without hurting myself. I think I may have found it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I certainly don't agree with the doctor about her idea of "maintenance," especially as it relates to my UD caloric intake.

As for eating the highest range of calories for losing weight, I think the suggested 2090 might be right for me after all. Although it's a lot more than I usually consume, it seems like I'll drop on a DD that follows a pretty high UD. When left to my own "Normal eating" like the book says, it's closer to 1600.

As for watching it for 6 weeks, well....I haven't been on JUDDD for 6 weeks yet! I am down 6 pounds though. Most of it dropped in the second week, and then this past week. Is that normal?
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Hey, 6 pounds so far - sounds great! When did you start? (Aaaah, use your eyes, Monkeypenny... June, 18th...)

My first DD today was not easy, but quite passable with 400 calories. Restart accomplished, I think.
And as it's nearly midnight here in Germany, I'll go to sleep and dream of my UP tomorrow.

Last edited by Monkeypenny; 07-21-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 07-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #297
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
As for eating the highest range of calories for losing weight, I think the suggested 2090 might be right for me after all. Although it's a lot more than I usually consume, it seems like I'll drop on a DD that follows a pretty high UD. When left to my own "Normal eating" like the book says, it's closer to 1600.

As for watching it for 6 weeks, well....I haven't been on JUDDD for 6 weeks yet! I am down 6 pounds though. Most of it dropped in the second week, and then this past week. Is that normal?
We usually recommend starting with the calculator number at "little to no exercise" and then adjusting if after several weeks that is not working. I'm so glad I ate my UD calories most UDs, because my UD number now is about 1550, but I kept my metabolism revved up so I can get away with occasional UDs that are more like 1800. I think if I had skimped 2 things would have happened 1) I would gain with the slightest bit of excess food and 2) I probably would have gotten diet fatigue and given up. One of the amazing parts of juddd is that we only diet every other day. That makes this plan so livable!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #298

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Carly! I agree on keeping that metabolism stoked and those UD calories available for later!

BTW, I love your new avi. It looks kind of sepia to me, but is it B&W?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #299
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rinkytinkpink
Thanks Carley, Slowsure and Calichris for your warm welcome.

It's another potato day, it's day 3 and I'm a little jaded with cold potatoes but still loving good ol' hot pots.

I am down a couple of pounds which is pretty impressive considering I'm not actually doing it for the weight loss but rather to see if it could be a tool I could help my clients use to get through a plateau. Lol...actually that sounded really arrogant ...I am always happy to lose couple of pounds because then I can enjoy putting them on again on my next UD!!!

Oh the joys of Juddding.

In friendship

Kerry

My dear dog Scruffy showed her support for my potato feast by pinching one and then promptly throwing it up again at 7am...oh the joys of having a dog!!! (he,he...I wouldn't be without her)
rinkytinkpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

BTW, I love your new avi. It looks kind of sepia to me, but is it B&W?
My computer has all these cool editing tools. It was a regular picture with my web cam that I got creative with.