Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh, enjoy every second of it Deborah! I've never had a full one either - just the short ones where you sit in the funny chair. Let us know how it was!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I LOVE massages. It has been too long since I've had one.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
We could so use some of that rain...been forever since we've had any measurable moisture! (But that's not uncommon for So California) I'm not a fan of earthquakes, hurricanes or tornados! I grew up in Colorado and blizzards were about all that we had to deal with.

I hope you enjoyed your massage Deborah!

Today is a DD and so far so good but probably because I've been running around doing tons of errands. I've had a hard time my last couple of DD's so hoping today I can keep it together and have a good DD! Dill pickles are my friends today.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
My BF gets them a couple times a month and swears by them. I want one so bad!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
I don't think i could ever relax if i have to get naked with strangers...
Old 07-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Me either, Lynn. At least not on a massage table.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deboratpc
Stats: 238/203.8/140
Start Date: 1/07/2013
It was amazing...it went by too fast! I am already ready for another one. lol
Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Tanya I hope your weather conditions improved. I would love a massage. I've had 3 in my whole life, but they were amazing. I'm not sure that I've had one since I had my lumbar spine fused in 2009. I might be nervous at the beginning, but if it didn't bother my lower spine I'm sure I would relax very quickly!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Posted the reply in the wrong thread

I think that says a lot for how much the hot weather bothers me - I'm pathetic in the heat.

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-12-2013 at 03:43 AM..
Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it, Deborah. You deserve some good relax time.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #221
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am a qualified massuese, when I was training we worked on each other. One of the happiest 4 months of my life....
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

maybe I should look into going to massage school just for that LOL!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #223

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I measured this morning for the first time in a couple of months. The whole point of going back to WLM was to reduce my tummy pooch.

I've lost 2 inches in my bust, 1 inch at my ribcage, 1/2 an inch at my hips, and 1 1/2 inches from my thigh.

My waist . . . exactly the same! I fear I'm going to end up a stick figure with a big belly! Ugh!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Dawn!!! This is what's happening to me, too. I just remeasured the other day once I hit goal. Super depressing!!! I am not sure whether to continue trying to lose or just focus on some sort of tummy work. I fear I could lose another 20# and still not touch that gut of mine! Grrrrrrrrrr

Deborah, I am so glad you enjoyed massage! You deserve it sweetie! XO

Hey everyone!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Cindy the no sleep is every night. It was 5:30am before I could get to sleep and I still woke up at 7:30 for the bathroom. This is getting crazy. I hope it is just because I can not do much of anything due to my eye surgery. I am use to working like a ranch hand all summer and now all I can do is putter around. Can't lean over, work much in the flowers just got oked to try to mow with rideing lawn mower last week but is only 2hrs work a week so I think it might be I am not use to resting all summer. Either that or I am really getting energized by this diet. That's ok because I have lost 9lbs in less then 4 weeks so I will trade that for a little sleep HEHEHE!

About the rain in Pa. I feel for you. We are getting all that too including your picture. It is hitting us here in Ohio and then slideing past you in Pa. We can't get all of our yards mowed this week because of that. Last year no rain and this year rain everyday go figure. Stay safe. Our storms have been really bad and very fast hitting. Carol I will send the next weeks storms your way. My yard is under water in the back. It has been since last Thursday. I saw my suck pump pouring water out last weekend about every 4 min. and that is no joke. I have never seen it do that before. Please Lord keep it working.

Hope every one has a great up or DD today!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
The whole point of going back to WLM was to reduce my tummy pooch.

I've lost ...1 1/2 inches from my thigh.

My waist . . . exactly the same! I fear I'm going to end up a stick figure with a big belly! Ugh!
I'd like to lose about 5inches apiece from my upper thighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I am not sure whether to continue trying to lose or just focus on some sort of tummy work. I fear I could lose another 20# and still not touch that gut of mine!
There is absolutely no way for someone to know by looking at either of you - are you both sure that it is a stubborn fat deposit rather than a postural/muscle aberration?

I need to go back to the clinic at some point for a reassessment but I went to an Egoscue Clinic for some physical rehab. I travelled out and back in the same trousers and that was 5 days apart - and when I flew back, I needed a belt to keep up the trousers and they were still too large for me. That was how substantial a difference it was between my original posture and after a few days of the appropriate exercises. (Granted, a couple of fractures mean that my hips etc. aren't aligned so the wrong adaptations I'd made for that had created all sorts of odd muscle slackness and contractions.)

Adi and others have mentioned what T-Tapp has done for them and I've seen similar said for Callanetics.

Anyhow, this may not be at all relevant - it's just that it's so easy to think that something is fat when it's a slack or stressed large muscle in that area (round the hips and the lower abdomen is notorious for this).
Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

My stomach/waist always goes down nicely, but i have fat at the top of my hips that makes my arse into a square, and that stuff never moves...and of course, my already skimpy bosom is deflating...sigh...it sucks to be old! Even considering the alternative!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #228

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
SS, you bring up a good point. I know some of it is excess skin and just won't go away, but I do have some physical issues. I have a congenital lower spine fusion, which has caused a herniated disc in my lumbar spine. I broke my left hip nearly 20 years ago and know I have some arthritis in that joint. I also have degenerative disc disease. Who knows how much that plays into my posture. I also had Keira by C-Section and that may play a small role in it as well.

Those issues also affect the kinds and amount of exercise I can do specifically for my core. I physically cannot do crunches, sit-ups, or many of the "standard" abdominal exercises. I've tried the machines at the gym and can't do them either.

I've been slacking on my Zumba classes lately, too, as DH has been working more and I can't take Keira with me. It's so frustrating. I'm tempted to call goal again and just maintain where I am. I have nice curves which mask the pooch a little bit, and I'm afraid to continue losing in my bust and hips and NOT lose any in my waist.

I haven't looked into TTAP or Callanetics because I know I won't do them at home. I did get a weighted hula hoop but haven't been consistent with it. I need to make it a routine. Maybe it's time to look into the boot camp type classes at the gym. So much to consider.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

I think I will be stuck with my kangaroo pouch for life...LOL!!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
windygap- They are calling for sun for the weekend!! yeah!!! I have so much to clean up and our driveway is washed out, so have to rake a bit too!

We got a new fur baby!! He is just so sweet, loves to run up and give you kisses (licks your nose). Its daughters cat, she named him Tobias after a book she loves. He is white and grey. He's around 13 weeks old. The local shelter was running a special, for 50 bucks you got the cat, all the shots, and in Oct we will take him for neutering which is included in price. Our last baby got scared of the thunder, ran out the door when we was trying to get our beagle in before we could grab him and got hit by a car....I loved him, and miss him. But Tobias is so much like him it helps! I will have to post a picture of him when I get a chance!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Cindy the no sleep is every night. It was 5:30am before I could get to sleep and I still woke up at 7:30 for the bathroom. This is getting crazy. I hope it is just because I can not do much of anything due to my eye surgery. I am use to working like a ranch hand all summer and now all I can do is putter around. Can't lean over, work much in the flowers just got oked to try to mow with rideing lawn mower last week but is only 2hrs work a week so I think it might be I am not use to resting all summer. Either that or I am really getting energized by this diet. That's ok because I have lost 9lbs in less then 4 weeks so I will trade that for a little sleep HEHEHE!

About the rain in Pa. I feel for you. We are getting all that too including your picture. It is hitting us here in Ohio and then slideing past you in Pa. We can't get all of our yards mowed this week because of that. Last year no rain and this year rain everyday go figure. Stay safe. Our storms have been really bad and very fast hitting. Carol I will send the next weeks storms your way. My yard is under water in the back. It has been since last Thursday. I saw my suck pump pouring water out last weekend about every 4 min. and that is no joke. I have never seen it do that before. Please Lord keep it working.

Hope every one has a great up or DD today!
I hope your recovery from surgery is going well. That definitely must feel strange to be limited like that when you're used to being so active. And yes, I'll take that rain! Mother Nature taunted us night before last with some lightning and thunder, and even a few sprinkles, and yesterday with some heavy gray clouds that looked like they could let go any minute. Droplets is all we got. SIGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'd like to lose about 5inches apiece from my upper thighs

There is absolutely no way for someone to know by looking at either of you - are you both sure that it is a stubborn fat deposit rather than a postural/muscle aberration?

I need to go back to the clinic at some point for a reassessment but I went to an Egoscue Clinic for some physical rehab. I travelled out and back in the same trousers and that was 5 days apart - and when I flew back, I needed a belt to keep up the trousers and they were still too large for me. That was how substantial a difference it was between my original posture and after a few days of the appropriate exercises. (Granted, a couple of fractures mean that my hips etc. aren't aligned so the wrong adaptations I'd made for that had created all sorts of odd muscle slackness and contractions.)

Adi and others have mentioned what T-Tapp has done for them and I've seen similar said for Callanetics.

Anyhow, this may not be at all relevant - it's just that it's so easy to think that something is fat when it's a slack or stressed large muscle in that area (round the hips and the lower abdomen is notorious for this).
Really good point SlowSure, and one I need to remember as I get closer to goal. I HATE crunches and such. I haven't done my Callanetics lately and probably should add that back in. I also really loved Oxycise! for awhile and it most definitely tones up the abs and I love the feeling of getting lots of good oxygen. I could add that back too! Lately I've been just trying to pull my belly button in and hold it as tight as I can while doing other things. Hopefully that will tighten and tone at least a little. It sure does feel great and makes a world of difference in my profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
My stomach/waist always goes down nicely, but i have fat at the top of my hips that makes my arse into a square, and that stuff never moves...and of course, my already skimpy bosom is deflating...sigh...it sucks to be old! Even considering the alternative!
None of us is ever happy with our shape, no matter what kind of body we have, are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
windygap- They are calling for sun for the weekend!! yeah!!! I have so much to clean up and our driveway is washed out, so have to rake a bit too!

We got a new fur baby!! He is just so sweet, loves to run up and give you kisses (licks your nose). Its daughters cat, she named him Tobias after a book she loves. He is white and grey. He's around 13 weeks old. The local shelter was running a special, for 50 bucks you got the cat, all the shots, and in Oct we will take him for neutering which is included in price. Our last baby got scared of the thunder, ran out the door when we was trying to get our beagle in before we could grab him and got hit by a car....I loved him, and miss him. But Tobias is so much like him it helps! I will have to post a picture of him when I get a chance!!!
Awwww! He sounds adorable. Yes, please post pics!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
tanya, awwwww how fun!!!!!! Pics???

Windy, so sorry you are still not sleeping well!

Slow, nope, I am not sure. All I know is I have lost everywhere else but my gut. (And the evil triple chins!!!! They are always the last to go!!!) I think I will keep doing what I am doing but add on some tummy stuff over the summer and see if that helps. It is the strangest thing to have pants falling down yet measure so huge there still! If I went by measurements alone, I would still be in a 14 jean, yet my 7/8s are not snug! Weird!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Thanks every one. I hope tonight works.

Yes I will send my rain to you. We just had our first cool sunny day. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! Still can't mow. Still under water. I hope PA. is getting this today. Oh I forgot you get it tomorrow I bet.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Wow there is always so much going on here. I love it. If I don't check in every day I can't keep up with all that is going on. Thanks for the info on the garcinia gambogia by the way. I appreciate it. I was looking at it as mostly an appetite suppressant to help me through the DD's. I can't take diet pills anymore even herbal ones, they make me too jumpy Has anyone tried green coffee bean extract Maybe I should try to go more LC. I have read some people say that they feel less hungry on DD's doing LC. I appreciate any feed back, Thanks Guys!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Oh sorry I miss spelled that it is Garcinia Cambogia, also what about Rasberry Ketones any thought on that one? Thanks
Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

I think I need to preview my post from now on I meant Raspberry Ketones.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

sunshine have you read the pterostilbene thread? A lot of JBs swear by it for appetite suppression, plus it's supposed to have other benefits. It's blueberry extract and other stuff, I believe. I found it at Walgreens, and it's available from Netrition too.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Ha, Ha, Carol...nope, every-body has issues. my 30 year-old daughter, who shares my big-boned frame, and shape except she's only 5 ft tall and a good weight for her size, recently moved in with me...we've been working on the house and yard. yesterday I commented that fortunately she doesn't have the squarepants yet. She was outraged..."Yet! Nope, that is never gonna happen to ME!" When I was 30 i weighed 140 at 5'8...i didn't have squarepants either!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Lol, Lynn, I remember telling people it just wasn't in my genes for me to ever get FAT. The arrogance we have when being thin is effortless. Of course, I'm sure your daughter will probably never have to worry. I hope you both have enjoyed your time together.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I knew it was in my genes, but it was never gonna happen to ME! my mom was morbidly obese the whole 17 years i knew her, I helped her bathe and pretty much took care of the house in my early teens...my(10 years older) sis got up to 300 at about 5'3, my brother almost 400, though he was 6'3. My dad was pear shaped...i had a very unpleasant moment recently looking in the mirror nude and realizing I looked like my DAD! Right down to my boobs and flabby arms.

All my female maternal cousins are hovering around 300. I got pretty fat, like 150s, around 12-13, but then did the anorexic/bulemic dance well into my 20's. And kept on fighting for years, constantly...til i eventually lost the battle...Fortunately i DO like veggies and healthy food, and i love to cook, but it's always an uphill journey!