Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hmmm... I think I had too many carbs especially on UDs to be in ketosis, but it is possible. I'm re-energizing now which is worrisome to me since typically I'd be tired at this time on an UD. I'm drinking broth, because I'm pretty certain my BP gets even lower with eod rotations and am sure that is why I was so dizzy. I was never dizzy with 5:2, but was very frequently last winter before calling goal.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Oh no, Carly! I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. I had sleeplessness/night energy when I started JUDDD that later went away. I wonder if, since you are restarting EOD rotations, you've kicked in whatever causes that? I remember an old thread on insomnia that suggests that theanine serene with relora helps.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Carly, big hugs girl. I am still occasionally plagued with insomnia on DD nights. It is no fun, for sure!!! I have no idea what's going on with your dizziness, though? You had this during WLM before and it went away on maintenance?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I just took 2 Tylenol PM and an Ambien on top of all my muscle relaxers and what not. I'm pretty hyper so I hope I can sleep after I eat my dinner (pizza).
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope so, too!!! I have been taking Benadryl at bedtime lately. I figure it will help prevent my allergies from kicking in with the added benefit of some sleep!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I hope so, too!!! I have been taking Benadryl at bedtime lately. I figure it will help prevent my allergies from kicking in with the added benefit of some sleep!
How does goal feel?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm, I'm not sure yet? I have never been successful with maintenance before, so I'm a bit fearful, to be honest. However, I've always gotten resentful by the time I hit 139, then end up too lax and it all snowballs (back up!) from there. I am not in any way "tired" of juddding, so I think all will be well this time! This is the 1st time I have ever felt like things could end up ok...which is the best feeling there is. Thanks for inquiring, my sweet JB! I sure am happy to have found you all when I did. I was pretty hopeless anything would ever work & stick.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Carly, do you think backing off on your ptero might help during the adjustment period? Unless that allows the hungries in. I sure hope this passes soon and you can get back to normal!

Melinda, how exciting to be entering the new world of maintenance! Have you decided whether you're going 5:2, or higher DDs, or something else?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I have never been successful with maintenance before...I've always gotten resentful by the time I hit 139, then end up too lax and it all snowballs (back up!) from there. ...I am not in any way "tired" of juddding, so I think all will be well this time! This is the 1st time I have ever felt like things could end up ok...which is the best feeling there is. ...I sure am happy to have found you all when I did. I was pretty hopeless anything would ever work & stick.
I understand the sullen/seething resentment. I think the schedule of JUDDD and its flexibility are what holds out the hope that this is a genuinely liveable plan that can be continued without boredom or apprehensions about consequences of restricting one group of foodstuffs or another or coping with it in unfamiliar environments. JUDDD is just the timing, what you eat, in whatever macronutrient ratios, are up to you.

We see Leo41, Kissa, Nancy, Dawn, Carly, The Redhead etc. all living JUDDD in maintenance (even if a few of those are now back in EOD rotations for additional losses or family reasons ), so we can see that it's possible and that makes such a difference.

As for the last - we're all very fortunate to have your boundless support and optimism that we can be the best that we aspire to be.

PS - I like your scales tagline.

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-08-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Middle of the night chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I understand the sullen/seething resentment. I think the schedule of JUDDD and its flexibility are what holds out the hope that this is a genuinely liveable plan that can be continued without boredom or apprehensions about consequences of restricting one group of foodstuffs or another or coping with it in unfamiliar environments. JUDDD is just the timing, what you eat, in whatever macronutrient ratios, are up to you.
Yes!

Here I am, awake at 4:00 in the morning.

I woke up because Middlest was up and about, then couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm cruising the boards. I'll probably be sleepy just about the time my Honey needs to get up. Sigh.

So...I'll chat about my weight!

Yesterday I went DOWN after an Up Day. This has happened a few times, but it is always a surprise.

Does anyone else get this...if I am dropping too quickly, I feel nervous. I guess I really HAVE adjusted to one pound per week being normal, because the very thought of an average of two pounds per week seems recklessly fast.

I've been doing JUDDD for 20 weeks now. I am down about 25 pounds. Which seems good. But not so long ago, I would have been multiplying by 2, and thinking, why haven't I lost 40 pounds?

Or even thinking, if I was REALLY 'good' I should be getting 2 1/2 pounds per week, or 50 pounds, shoot, I could be done by now- I am obviously a FAILURE. (Glad those days are past. I enjoy feeling like a success, WHILE I am reducing, not just at the end. Especially since I have never reached THE END before!)

The thought of dropping five quick pounds is kind of alarming. It doesn't seem real, and makes me wonder if everything is okay. Instead of prancing about like a madwoman, I'm suspicious. Am I sick? Will I just bounce back up?

However, there still IS that momentary thrill when I see the number. What funny creatures we mortals be.

I am prepared for going up slightly after yesterday's Down Day, just to balance the scales. I won't be distressed. May even be relieved. I'd like to enjoy the thrill of 177/178 before I start flirting with 174/175.

Or maybe this will all seem like midnight ravings to me in the morning, and I'll be begging for my 175 back!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Yes!

Here I am, awake at 4:00 in the morning.

I
Does anyone else get this...if I am dropping too quickly, I feel nervous. I guess I really HAVE adjusted to one pound per week being normal, because the very thought of an average of two pounds per week seems recklessly fast.
I hope you got back to sleep. I am one who has worried when I lose weight, quicker than I feel I deserve - when restricting calories. I always think it is a disease rather than a reward for my efforts. The feeling goes away after a bit, but with each diet I begin and lose with, that feeling comes back in the beginning. It is strange.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Still awake, though I am starting to feel sleepy again. The dogs came out of the bedroom to keep me company. They look so sweet curled up together. (Two black dachshunds.)
Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
You're still awake, and my day begins also. Sleeping dogs curled up. Ahhhh
Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

I slept pretty well last night so I'm hoping that was just something fluky. I actually feel like I could go back to bed and sleep some more, but that won't be happening so I'm off to feed the cats and get in the shower. I think I already have some celery chopped up soaking in water in the fridge so I'll bring that to work in case I get hungry.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Glad you slept well after all Carly. I felt like I could sleep some more this morning too.

Sirtain, 20 lbs in 25 weeks is awesome. That is perfect.

I just counted up my weeks, and I'm at 35 wks today. And 21 (at 177) lbs. down (30 all together). However, I have taken numerous breaks, multiple UDs, etc., so I actually have no complaints. It's been lovely. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I had lost more, but the results are only as big as the effort. I hope that by doing it slowly (yeah, I planned it this way! ), I'll reap some kind of benefits. Hey, I've got to look at the bright side. Still loving JUDDD.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 07-09-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Melinda, how exciting to be entering the new world of maintenance! Have you decided whether you're going 5:2, or higher DDs, or something else?
I really don't know, LCG. I am more concerned about figuring out how to feel better on UDs & then I will sort through what to do about maintenance cals. For now, I am afraid to eat on UDs, and that is not a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

We see Leo41, Kissa, Nancy, Dawn, Carly, The Redhead etc. all living JUDDD in maintenance (even if a few of those are now back in EOD rotations for additional losses or family reasons ), so we can see that it's possible and that makes such a difference.
As for the last - we're all very fortunate to have your boundless support and optimism that we can be the best that we aspire to be.PS - I like your scales tagline.
Slow, thank you so much. You are such a wonderful support to us all, and I truly appreciate all the thought & concern you put in to everything you share with us all. You sure put a smile on my face this morning. Such a sweet thing to say. As for the maintainers here, they are why I jumped in to Juddd the day after I found out about it. I just couldn't lose again knowing I'd regain anyways. It's horrible to feel hopeless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Yesterday I went DOWN after an Up Day. This has happened a few times, but it is always a surprise.

I've been doing JUDDD for 20 weeks now. I am down about 25 pounds. Which seems good. But not so long ago, I would have been multiplying by 2, and thinking, why haven't I lost 40 pounds?

Or even thinking, if I was REALLY 'good' I should be getting 2 1/2 pounds per week, or 50 pounds, shoot, I could be done by now- I am obviously a FAILURE. (Glad those days are past. I enjoy feeling like a success, WHILE I am reducing, not just at the end. Especially since I have never reached THE END before!)

The thought of dropping five quick pounds is kind of alarming. It doesn't seem real, and makes me wonder if everything is okay. Instead of prancing about like a madwoman, I'm suspicious. Am I sick? Will I just bounce back up?

However, there still IS that momentary thrill when I see the number. What funny creatures we mortals be.

I am prepared for going up slightly after yesterday's Down Day, just to balance the scales. I won't be distressed. May even be relieved. I'd like to enjoy the thrill of 177/178 before I start flirting with 174/175.

Or maybe this will all seem like midnight ravings to me in the morning, and I'll be begging for my 175 back!
Yep, it's all such a mind game. At this point, I just try NOT to react too much to the evil scale beast. It's not a personal attack when it's especially confusing or mean, it's just a dumb scale. The plan works, you're doing the plan, the beast will eventually report a great number for you! You are doing GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I hope you got back to sleep. I am one who has worried when I lose weight, quicker than I feel I deserve - when restricting calories. I always think it is a disease rather than a reward for my efforts. The feeling goes away after a bit, but with each diet I begin and lose with, that feeling comes back in the beginning. It is strange.
You are worth being healthy & being at goal! YOU DESERVE that! It's hard not to try to take it all personally. Try not to overthink it all and just trust things to work out. You will do this! You are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I slept pretty well last night so I'm hoping that was just something fluky. I actually feel like I could go back to bed and sleep some more, but that won't be happening so I'm off to feed the cats and get in the shower. I think I already have some celery chopped up soaking in water in the fridge so I'll bring that to work in case I get hungry.
Yay!!! Glad you got a good night's sleep & sure hope that was a flukey thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

I just counted up my weeks, and I'm at 35 wks today. And 21 (at 177) lbs. down (30 all together). However, I have taken numerous breaks, multiple UDs, etc., so I actually have no complaints. It's been lovely. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I had lost more, but the results are only as big as the effort. I hope that by doing it slowly (yeah, I planned it this way! ), I'll reap some kind of benefits. Hey, I've got to look at the bright side. Still loving JUDDD.
LG, it's easy for me to say, I know, but the bolded parts of your post are amazing to me. It's incredible to be able to take mental breaks from being completely absorbed with weight loss and want to come back to rotations & continue losing. That just didn't happen for me before this plan, EVER. You ARE losing, and you're losing continuously. That's AMAZING, you are HAPPY while doing it, too. There are a lot of bright sides girl. You aren't letting yourself burn out and are being kind to yourself in letting yourself lose slower. That's empowering!!! I am proud of you for having the strength to allow yourself to do that. I have not!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I have a headache I am heading home from work soon though. I think it is from a combination of less caffeine today (the coffee machine at work was not turned on most of the day) and I only had a protein shake for breakfast w/ no lunch. I meant to get a salad for lunch at work but it really slipped my mind to go down to get it (I do not know if I EVER have forgotten to eat before LOOLOL). I will have a snack when I get home then have dinner. It's also hot out so that won't help!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hope you feel better soon kismet
Old 07-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #169
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Just dropping by to say hi, I love to see you all supporting each other. Very busy and happy with my girls this last weekend. But at least I am able to post again, on all devices...I think.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Very busy and happy with my girls this last weekend.
Lovely to have your girls together with you. It's good to know that you've sorted out your posting problems.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Headache is gone! I drank some coffee and had a 110 calorie chocolate raspberry Luna Fiber bar. It was so good I had to check 3 times to make sure it was ONLY 110 calories LOL It was really worth it in my opinion!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

I wish TOM would come and go! I skipped June, feel bloated and emotional. I guess some of you have noticed. The ice cream man just rode through our little street and no kids came out of their houses and I felt sad. Definitely time for TOM!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

I got another hour and a half of sleep, and then jumped into a day that was so busy I barely had time to drink my water. I feel rather parched, but i don't want to chug too much right before bed.

I'll have to check out that Luna bar. It is always good to find something that tastes like more calories than it is, rather than vice versa.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Ok dawn, I have to ask
Was ur flat tire on ur motorcycle?
Glad u got home safe with interesting story
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

I totally forgot about Dawn's motorcycle!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #176
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
No, the flat was on my SUV. Thank goodness for the scooter, though. I used it to run my errands and pop by work (on a Sunday!) while DH was dealing with fixing my tire.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Carly I am going thru the same thing only until I read this thread I did not know about the no sleep. I am not getting dizzy but have not been able to sleep since surgery on my eyes. I kept thinking it was due to the eyes but the surgery was june 11 and I started JUDDD the 16th and have only had 1 nights sleep with Meds, this whole time. I cannot shut down even if I go to bed at 12:45am as I did last night. I did not do this after the first operation 2 years ago. I had a few days but not like this. Thanks for clueing me in that it could be the diet.

Wish I could help you but I have not been on long enough to know. Be careful though. Your body may be telling you that you are low enough with the dizziness.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone tried Melatonin? I have not but was thinking about trying it. I have heard it really helps some people but does nothing for others.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
No, the flat was on my SUV.
I was just thinking that, depending on how much Keira enjoyed her karate lesson, she might accompany you as your bodyguard on early morning forays in the future

Did she like the karate session?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Has anyone tried Melatonin? I have not but was thinking about trying it. I have heard it really helps some people but does nothing for others.
I have tried it, Kismet, and for me it was not good--gave me super weird, vivid dreams that caused me to wake up feeling really anxious. It did make me fall asleep though. I know people do well on it though; I guess it just depends on your body chemistry.

I also struggle with sleep, but staying asleep. I wake up at 1:30 or 2 am, WIDE awake. I find a Benadryl when I wake up puts me back to sleep in 1.5 to 2 hours. Valerian helped me for a while too, helped me to fall back asleep. I assume these things would work just the same at regular bedtime, too. Hope you can get it sorted out soon--not sleeping sucks.
Closed Thread