Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I just wanted to add, Dawn and Carly, your new avi's are stunning, gorgeous and sexy!!! Proof of your JUDDD stardom!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
Okay, thank you everyone, I feel much better after reading your assurances and I will downgrade to a yellow alert. But I gotta be honest, the not feeling hungry made me think that my uber metabolism, you know the kind that really knows how to work a calorie, has adjusted and now runs on 400 cals per day. No, that's silly. It is right? (is there a nervously biting nails smiley?)

Deep breathing, thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I just wanted to add, Dawn and Carly, your new avi's are stunning, gorgeous and sexy!!! Proof of your JUDDD stardom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macci View Post
Okay, thank you everyone, I feel much better after reading your assurances and I will downgrade to a yellow alert. But I gotta be honest, the not feeling hungry made me think that my uber metabolism, you know the kind that really knows how to work a calorie, has adjusted and now runs on 400 cals per day. No, that's silly. It is right? (is there a nervously biting nails smiley?)

Deep breathing, thanks
Yes, deep breaths- weight loss is not linear on juddd and it rarely makes sense, but the trend is almost always downward if you stick to your calories.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

Carly, I swear your collar bones can cut glass! Wowsers! I noticed them in your last avi, but even moreso in this one.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
You both look younger in your new pics! People are going to be wondering where these teenyboppers came from!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
You both look younger in your new pics! People are going to be wondering where these teenyboppers came from!
Yes! You also look naturally thin. Just beautiful. All the JUDDDers seem to look young and healthy, must be the sirts
Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

I just talked to my girlfriend whom I haven't seen in about 12 years. We used to be so close... One thing and another happened, and she moved away (not that far, about 5 hours), and I gained so much weight I just didn't want to see anyone. The last time I saw her I weighed about 150 and I considered myself very overweight. When she and I used to do everything together I was about 130 and the perfect size for my height...she says she is fat now, but to her, 130 is fat lol. Anyway, I am interested for the first time in a very long time in seeing people from my past, and in getting back my life. I have JUDDD to thank for it.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 182/175/126 5'1"
WOE: Jumping around like a flea on a dog.
Start Date: March 2011
Hi. Would like to join the thread if I may. I enjoy reading a lot of the posts on the JUDDD threads. You all seem like a great bunch.
I've tried JUDDD before (Let's face it I've tried everything before ). After reading the 5 2 diet book recently I thought I'd give it another go.
I'm experimenting with a 4 3 rotation to start with and I'll see how I get on with that.
Walked 4 miles yesterday to the art store for materials for work. (I work at home) will try to get some walking or swimming in most days.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores Claiborne View Post
Hi. Would like to join the thread if I may. I enjoy reading a lot of the posts on the JUDDD threads. ..
I've tried JUDDD before (Let's face it I've tried everything before ). After reading the 5 2 diet book recently I thought I'd give it another go.
I'm experimenting with a 4 3 rotation to start with and I'll see how I get on with that.
Dolores, good to have you join us.

Are you starting with an UD and have you calculated any numbers with the JUDDD calculator or are you starting out with a 500/2000kcals split?

So that more people can meet you, it might be good to post your introduction on: JUDDD newbies: introduce yourselves! (Part 2) and there's a special thread where who have just started (or are re-starting the diet) mingle, ask questions about things that they find tricky or puzzle them. July JUDDD newbies
Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Yes, deep breaths- weight loss is not linear on juddd and it rarely makes sense, but the trend is almost always downward if you stick to your calories.
What Carly said! Your metabolism is not slow! (at least I truly doubt it!) I have read this so many times on this forum, I think we all start out feeling this way...and that this can't possibly work for us. We are so desperate to find something that works and reluctant to believe this will. Like Carly said, just follow your rotations & your calorie allowances! It will work!!! (downward trends! Check out the June & July daily weight threads!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

Carly, I swear your collar bones can cut glass! Wowsers! I noticed them in your last avio in this one.
No doubt!!! I still can't find mine...I am jealous girly! So impressive!

Quote:
I just talked to my girlfriend whom I haven't seen in about 12 years. We used to be so close... One thing and another happened, and she moved away (not that far, about 5 hours), and I gained so much weight I just didn't want to see anyone. The last time I saw her I weighed about 150 and I considered myself very overweight. When she and I used to do everything together I was about 130 and the perfect size for my height...she says she is fat now, but to her, 130 is fat lol. Anyway, I am interested for the first time in a very long time in seeing people from my past, and in getting back my life. I have JUDDD to thank for it.
LG, this just brought tears to my eyes. I love you girl!!! I completely understand everything you're saying, too.

Quote:
Hi. Would like to join the thread if I may. I enjoy reading a lot of the posts on the JUDDD threads. You all seem like a great bunch.
Walked 4 miles yesterday to the art store for materials for work. (I work at home) will try to get some walking or swimming in most days.
Welcome Dolores!! Hope you love it here!!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #101

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macci View Post

Deep breathing, thanks
Macci, I'm so glad you were talked off the ledge! The JBs are great for that kind of thing. All I can tell you, is to just trust JUDDD and keep doing it by the book. I didn't think it could ever work for me either. I thought my body was so faulty, and different from everyone else's. But somehow JUDDD knows just what to do. And if that's spending your energy on healing before the losses start, then so be it. If you hang in there, you will be generously rewarded with both better health AND lovely losses!

Quote:
I so totally know what you mean Cindy! I dreaded running into anyone for the longest time. There are still some people who haven't seen me this heavy, but most of my circle has seen me getting smaller and I love to see their reactions. I'll probably soon be seeing a group of former co-workers, and they're gonna have a fit when they see me! Enjoy the feeling and being able to relax and enjoy your friends!

Quote:
Dolores! Please do join in! Good for you for being ready to try JUDDD or one of the other IF methods again. I love it so much I can't imagine you won't do great once you've settled in. Post often!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks friends.

About to go on a rant now, so forgive me.I had so many things I wanted bf to help me with this week while I was off work, and he hasn't done a single thing besides get out of the chair while I cleaned the living room. To top it off, I went outside this afternoon and saw that my car has a completely flat tire. It happened while he was out earlier and he didn't even know. We have a tire compressor that he either doesn't know how to operate or is putting off doing, and I have to wait until tomorrow to see if he can even use it to pump up the tire and get it fixed. I don't know what to do, but I feel overwhelmed, angry and upset. If my father were still living, or if I had any family close by, I could call them. I have no one, and it's my fault for isolating myself, and my bf is little more use than a child.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #103

I'm so sorry Cindy.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Carol. I have no one to blame but myself. I put myself in this situation, and now I have to deal with it. I'm embarrassed to talk to anyone, so ya'll just ignore me. I had to get it out.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cindy

You know- I have no clue where those collar bones came from
I guess the extra 75 pounds was obscuring their view

The terrifying thing is I look just like my mother in this avi, that every time I see it I say "what's my mom doing here!"
Old 07-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Carly. You do have stunning collar bone definition now! That's the first thing I noticed too. I miss my neck. It's coming back, bit by bit so I hope I can get that look back too!

Update: We got the spare on the car, full-sized spare (it's a van), and I will be able to get the flat tire repaired next week (there's a nail in it). Thank god, I have wheels. Also, bf was able to fix the dryer! All that harranguing was good for something. Thanks for putting up with my whining. I hope I haven't put anyone off the chat thread. Love you guys!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Hi all

Just a quick note to let you know that Kissa can't access LCF at the moment, due to email issues with iPad. Admin are helping her sort it out, and she'll be back as soon as she can!

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #108

Glad to here things are getting better Cindy! No worries, we all have to rant sometimes and you had good reasons!

Vicky, thanks for the update about Kissa! Hope you guys are having a wonderful time together!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #109

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
BTW, I learned another British English word today.
Flannel- we call it wash cloth or wash rag.
Just came across this- at Fabric Land's website:

What we (Americans) call flannel, you (Brits) call winceyette

Not in school at the moment, so gotta educate myself somewhere
Old 07-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicky/Kissa, hope you're both having a wonderful time together!!

Awwww, Cindy!!!! I'm so sorry things were so stressful!!! DH & I can get pretty miffed with one another from time to time, but he is very handy with anything & everything, so I would be lost if in the predicament you were in. I totally understand why you were so upset! I'm so glad things are looking up! XOXO You gripe ANY OLE TIME you want!!!!!!!!!!

<<<waving>>> hello to my buddds! Just got home from a lovely evening with my sweet girl. My boys are out at a concert tonight so DD & I had a lovely Italian dinner out then some shopping. She's such a dolly. <melt> Hope everyone's having a fabulous evening!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
JWhat we (Americans) call flannel, you (Brits) call winceyette
tbh, I haven't heard that word in years but I remember my mother talking about it. It was a big thing when the seasons were sufficiently advanced/cold that they switched from cotton to Winceyette sheets and night wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Just got home from a lovely evening with my sweet girl. My boys are out at a concert tonight so DD & I had a lovely Italian dinner out then some shopping.
How lovely to have some one-to-one time together with your DD.

I'm now on the hunt for several grades of sun barrier (30-50 SPF) that will stay on despite being repeatedly splashed during paddle club. I wore some water-resistant stuff yesterday but as I burned, it was obviously useless (I didn't think I needed waterproof as I wasn't actually in the water).

I loathe switching skin products as I develop allergic reactions to them at the drop of a hat even if they are labelled hypoallergenic. They have to have absolutely no attempt at perfume or rannygazoo plus it's a bonus if the perspiration running through it doesn't inflame my eyes or other delicate tissues (ahem).

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-07-2013 at 01:54 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Cindy, glad to hear things are better, sounds like things improved later on so that's good. To make you feel better our central heating (we ran it the other day because it was so cold here) was only working intermittently. My DH was awaiting a part but no no he couldn't leave things alone and kept going into the cupboard fiddling around, i kept telling him to leave it. What happened yesterday? A loud bang out of the cupboard, the electric went off - he'd shorted out and blown up the circuit board - how he didn't get an electric shock i'll never know?! So now a whole new control panel is needed, aaargh!

Kissa and Vicky, hope you are enjoying the warmth and sunshine down south

Flutter, can't beat a bit of girl time together - i'm loking forward to spending some time with my DDs at the end of the month, haven't seen them since March.

Slow, hope your sunburn is not too sore and winceyette sheets, yes the ones with the coloured stripes like your mum we had those in the winter and cotton in the summer

Last edited by FairyWren; 07-07-2013 at 04:26 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Another reason I want to visit Hershey! The first is that the first time my father tasted chocolate, it was a Hershey bar that an American soldier gave to him at the end of the war. Even though he was of the firm opinion as an adult that Swiss and German chocolate was much better, he still had a soft spot for Hershey bars. He would pick them out of our Halloween hauls, and keep them for himself.
That is such a sweet story. I don't like Hershey chocolate the best, but it's ok for things like s'mores. LOL I agree - nothing like Belgium chocolates. My personal favorite dark chocolate is Lindt - made in New Hampshire I think. The truffles have 85 calories!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

I went to Hershey, PA when i was a kid. The tour was cool but (of course being a kid) I thought there would be tons of chocolate around like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory LOL Boy was I disappointed. I didn't go to the amusement park much to my dismay.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #115

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've been to PA a couple of times, but have not yet made it to Hershey. Sounds fun!

So, this morning I got up early (as usual) and decided I needed to have an iced tea. I was still in my pyjamas (sweats and a t-shirt, thankfully, but no bra). I slipped on some backless loafers and headed down the street for my iced tea. Got through the drive-thru, no prob. I was almost out of the parking lot when I got a FLAT TIRE!!

I called DH, but his phone was in the living room, and he was (and still is) blissfully ASLEEP! I waited 10 minutes, then decided to walk home. Keep in mind, I don't live in the best neighborhood, and by then it was only 5:00 a.m. and still dark! My shoes do not have great traction, and I slipped on a wet patch of sidewalk, and have pulled something in my right thigh. I had my pepper spray at the ready, and made it home safely, though I did encounter 3 separate weirdos out and about that early.

When I got home, I checked the distance and I actually walked over 2/3 of a mile. You can bet I'm counting it as exercise!! I'm sure you all needed the visual of me in my sweats, t-shirt, loafers, and no bra.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm sure you all needed the visual of me in my sweats, t-shirt, loafers, and no bra.

I have to admit, however, that that is my outfit for working in the kitchen at present - except that I'm wearing deeply unflattering shorts as well. I need to dehydrate some more produce before it spoils and I know it seems weird to be running a dehydrator in this weather, I never like the idea of insects contaminating food that is dried on open racks in the sunshine.

At some point, I also need to summon the courage to turn on the oven to turn more goat into meatloaves and meatballs for the freezer. Send iced tea.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

I have to admit, however, that that is my outfit for working in the kitchen at present - except that I'm wearing deeply unflattering shorts as well. I need to dehydrate some more produce before it spoils and I know it seems weird to be running a dehydrator in this weather, I never like the idea of insects contaminating food that is dried on open racks in the sunshine.

At some point, I also need to summon the courage to turn on the oven to turn more goat into meatloaves and meatballs for the freezer. Send iced tea.
Dawn will run it right over!

Seriously, though, Dawn, that's not a good morning girl! I am SO not a morning person...I would not have been happy! Is your car in a safe enough spot? Ugh!!

sirtain, I somehow missed your story until it was quoted. VERY special! I love stories that are carried down generations and that certainly is a wonderful one!

slow, I have a son that's like that: uber sensitive to any product on his skin. It really is difficult to find one that works!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my, Dawn, glad you're ok! I could walk to the convenience store no problem but I hate walking near busy roads. Our D&D moved down the road a bit so it is too far to walk now. I walked to my town library (almost 3 miles round trip) and encountered some old men who said, "HEYYYYYYYYYYY Where's your car little girl"? LOLOL I said it's in the shop but I like walking! hahahhahah You never know who's on the streets!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Dawn will run it right over! ...

slow, I have a son that's like that: uber sensitive to any product on his skin. It really is difficult to find one that works!
Oddly enough, if DH weren't otherwise engaged, fixing our slow puncture, he could go and meet her partway for a handover.

Ludicrously sensitive skin is a pest, isn't it. I have to carry my own handwash with me as the ones in public washroom dispensers tend to be perfumed or otherwise unwise.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I feel terrible for my DS. When he was a newborn, he woke up in the middle of the night with a head to toe horrible rash. scared the heck out of me! He was allergic to the "gentle" baby detergent I had used on his clothes. UGH! It's been downhill from there!
Closed Thread