Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,337
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I have decided fitness is my aim this month...try to do couch to 5 k again.
Just so you know, my back, hips and knees are whimpering just reading about that Good luck with the running and classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
My broadband is still out, don't know how long it will take to fix, the engineer still hasn't been out yet
Good grief. Is there a rush on for their services or are you out beyond Arran or some island that can only be reached by row boat? (DH has a colleague who has also runs/works a sheep farm on Arran and they seem to have a lot of waiting around for technology repairs at times.)
SlowSure is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

Good grief. Is there a rush on for their services or are you out beyond Arran or some island that can only be reached by row boat? (DH has a colleague who has also runs/works a sheep farm on Arran and they seem to have a lot of waiting around for technology repairs at times.)
Yup, i'm in the Outer Hebrides, the engineer is coming over from the Isle of Barra, luckily he doesn't have to row, there's a ferry
FairyWren is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,973
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Or swim it.
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,310
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
We also call it a facecloth
Ahhh had they used the word "facecloth" I would have figured it out.
"Flannel" had me stumped. For us, flannel is a type of fabric, usually seen
in cold-weather shirts and pajamas. The article was about how to make a
reindeer out of a flannel and a bar of soap- but it looked like a wash cloth.
Pami is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member
 
grannysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N.IN
Posts: 283
Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
My two newest favorite Brit terms..."breeze block" (cinder block) and "juggernaut" (a big diesel truck or semi)
grannysmith is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
i used to get into all kinds of problems when i worked in Canada - it's supposed to be the same language, English, but...

There was quite a mix up the one time because i needed, and asked for cotton when i should have asked for thread. They thought i meant cotton as in the fabric.

And don't even get me started on food items
FairyWren is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,973
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I thought juggernaut was some kind of mythical monster. For some reason, British slang doesn't sound very threatening. For instance, if I said, "I'm going to smack you with a breeze block and run you over with my jaggernaut", would you be frightened?
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,862
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well, I might be Cindy, but I hear what you are saying. American friends of ours always crack up when they see our road sign "Heavy Plant Crossing". This means big vehicles crossing...

I tried to buy a zip in LA in the 60s. I did better when we all arrived at the word zipper. This took a surprisingly long time!
Kissa is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,973
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It is fun though, Cindy. I think it might take a bit less time to understand Brit slang than to learn Swahili. Zip up that zipper proper now!
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,862
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yup!
Kissa is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,479
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Yup, i'm in the Outer Hebrides, the engineer is coming over from the Isle of Barra, luckily he doesn't have to row, there's a ferry
That sounds very exotic and peaceful, but when our cable or internet goes down we call our provider and they just reset something from where ever their office might be (India? No... they are in America- I think...) and then it's all fixed. Can't they reset something remotely? Or is this a big, major, wire that needs to be repaired??

I'm going to have to google the Outer Hebrides since it really sounds lovely as does Isle of Barra. I'm sure New York sounds like some Mythical place to some people, but my little day dream is about running away to Fiji and giving no one, but DW a forwarding address or telephone number... I'd let her come so even she would not need the address. Loose lips sink ships
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
grannysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N.IN
Posts: 283
Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I thought juggernaut was some kind of mythical monster. For some reason, British slang doesn't sound very threatening. For instance, if I said, "I'm going to smack you with a breeze block and run you over with my jaggernaut", would you be frightened?
No more than someone threatening to "slit you up a treat"! Sounds like they're gonna make you a banana split instead of "stabbing you up".

I think a juggernaut comes from some Hindu god...how that got turned into a truck, i dunno. I learned it on "The Mighty Boosh"...
grannysmith is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
That sounds very exotic and peaceful, but when our cable or internet goes down we call our provider and they just reset something from where ever their office might be (India? No... they are in America- I think...) and then it's all fixed. Can't they reset something remotely? Or is this a big, major, wire that needs to be repaired??
They tried that but it didn't work so the engineer had to have a look and physically change a part in the local exchange. It wasn't too major, it just took time - you kind of get used to it here and just don't have to get stressed about it

Quote:
I'm going to have to google the Outer Hebrides since it really sounds lovely as does Isle of Barra. I'm sure New York sounds like some Mythical place to some people, but my little day dream is about running away to Fiji and giving no one, but DW a forwarding address or telephone number... I'd let her come so even she would not need the address. Loose lips sink ships
Fiji sounds wonderful! Like a warm, balmy version of the Outer Hebrides I think there may be a few of us wanting to stow away and come with you Carly...
FairyWren is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,337
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I always remember a chap phoning a Radio Scotland show, and during the conversation it transpired that he lived on one of the remoter islands, with a population of 20, only 6 of whom were adults. The presenter asked him what he did if he wanted to go to the pub for some adult company and a change of pace, to which the reply was, "Well, that's a Summer activity as it involves several miles in a row boat and the sea doesn't always co-operate".

I don't know how many of you have visited the UK and winced at our petrol/gas/fuel prices relative to the ones with which you're familiar. You'd not believe how expensive fuel is on the islands, it makes mainland UK look more like US pricing.

But, yes, the islands are heartbreakingly beautiful. But, like others, I too might like Fiji or pretty much any of the MicroPolynesian isles. I've always fancied one of the islands where they grow spices and because they process them on the island, they use the outer husks as mulch everywhere, in the way that we might use gravel or mulch on public paths. Apparently the air is scented with the spices every time you walk on them and crush them.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I don't know how many of you have visited the UK and winced at our petrol/gas/fuel prices relative to the ones with which you're familiar. You'd not believe how expensive fuel is on the islands, it makes mainland UK look more like US pricing.

But, yes, the islands are heartbreakingly beautiful. But, like others, I too might like Fiji or pretty much any of the MicroPolynesian isles. I've always fancied one of the islands where they grow spices and because they process them on the island, they use the outer husks as mulch everywhere, in the way that we might use gravel or mulch on public paths. Apparently the air is scented with the spices every time you walk on them and crush them.
Yes, the current price of gas/diesel is 1.51GBP a litre, needless to say i conserve fuel whenever i can!

Air scented with spices sounds like magic doesn't it... Just sheep and cattle here so i'll leave it to your imagination what the air is scented with And there is a bay actually called Stinky Bay - all the seaweed washes up and then just sits there and rots. Weird but i don't mind that seaweedy smell too much. Spices sounds better though.
FairyWren is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,862
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I quite like the smell of seaweed too... but I love the tropics.

I did day 1 of C to 5k, interested to see how the old body reacts. It feels very different to my classes, and it isn't any 'fun' but I need to get fit again.
Kissa is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
So, I happened upon this WOE by reading a thread in the low carb lobby... It sounds very interesting after reading Dr. J's website. Maybe I'll incorporate this into my LC WOE...
piglet513 is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Cindy, keep us posted on how it goes with the C25k, i'll be really interested to see how you get along with it, especially given your previous joint problems. Be gentle with yourself! I quite fancy trying C25k but keep putting it off. Perhaps when i'm another 20 pounds lighter my poor old knees won't be under so much strain...
FairyWren is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
So, I happened upon this WOE by reading a thread in the low carb lobby... It sounds very interesting after reading Dr. J's website. Maybe I'll incorporate this into my LC WOE...
Hey piglet, yes JUDDD is the best ever, low carb along with JUDDD is no problem
(p.s. love your avatar!)
FairyWren is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Thanks FairyWren! Piglet is my favorite! I can't believe how many WOE there are out there!
piglet513 is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,973
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome Piglet!!! I think you will love JUDDD.
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,579
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Healing Today

Welcome Piglet!

All of this talk of UK expressions makes me think of Austin Powers (Goldmember). I love love love physical and slapstick humor. There's a part in the film where he's conversing with his Brit father and mentions a "bobby" (policeman) and a "Lorry" (truck) and his date who's "all sixes and sevens" (crazy?) I laugh every time.
Blonde with a Rose is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,371
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oh yay! Well, Hellooooo there piglet!!! WELCOME TO YOU!!! (said in my best pooh voice!) LOL! (yes, I amuse myself sometimes) Hope to see you here often & that you love our beloved Juddd!!!

Good morning my sweet friends! Oh how I am loving the conversation. Maybe some day I will get to head out to England & Scotland. Sure would LOVE to! Of course, I would skip willingly in to anyone's suitcase (ahem, Carly!!) going to the islands. As I keep telling my DH, we can retire anywhere there are palm trees. That's my only condition!
Flutter is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member
 
grannysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N.IN
Posts: 283
Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Welcome Piglet!

All of this talk of UK expressions makes me think of Austin Powers (Goldmember). I love love love physical and slapstick humor. There's a part in the film where he's conversing with his Brit father and mentions a "bobby" (policeman) and a "Lorry" (truck) and his date who's "all sixes and sevens" (crazy?) I laugh every time.
And things "going all pear-shaped"...I downloaded a registry cleaner the other day, and the name of the company was "Piriform", which if my Latin is correct, means 'pear-shaped'. I would guess 99% of the customers don't get the joke.

I also seem to have the comic sensibilities of a sixteen-year-old...boy!
grannysmith is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member
 
grannysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N.IN
Posts: 283
Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
And How do ya do? Piglet! to the Up Day Down Day way!
grannysmith is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,973
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hey Everyone!! I'm enjoying a brief vacation this week. I have today and the rest of the week off. Yay! I was actually able to go out for my walk before more rain came. If this keeps up, I'll be lining up the animals, 2X2. Seen a big ship coming my way yet?
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Hello everyone!! I've been digging a little online today about JUDD. Do you feel this brings more weight off than conventional low cal diets? Or that it's faster? Clearly I was having an issue, which is why I started LC. I'm thinking the low days won't be so bad since I'm in ketosis anyway. Thoughts?
piglet513 is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,371
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Piglet, I don't know about "faster". I have lost pretty fast, though, really, but I am sure there are other plans that are quicker. What is it about LC diets that you are struggling with? I could no longer get excited about starting a LC plan where I could NEVER EVER have something off plan again. It just got to the point where I wouldn't even bother starting anymore 'cause I knew I'd eventually give up and regain. Juddd was the first plan that I could get excited knowing I might be able to MAINTAIN this time. I can restrict anything for ONE DAY. (then have whatever I wanted the next day) Still sounds like I'm dreaming even typing it.

Anyways, Juddd works! Give it a try and see what you think! I don't know anything about ketosis. I'm sure other JBs will come along with better thoughts, though!

ETA: piglet, check out the newbie thread, too. Always great tips and you can meet other people new to the plan and help each other out.

July JUDDD newbies
__________________
Melinda


Last edited by Flutter; 07-03-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Flutter is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #59
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,310
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
And things "going all pear-shaped"...I downloaded a registry cleaner the other day, and the name of the company was "Piriform", which if my Latin is correct, means 'pear-shaped'. I would guess 99% of the customers don't get the joke.

I also seem to have the comic sensibilities of a sixteen-year-old...boy!
Oh, I never heard about that "going all pear-shaped" meaning, but I like it.
(I always figured it was in reference to my anatomy, which I suppose it is.)
Pami is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #60
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,310
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
Hello everyone!! I've been digging a little online today about JUDD. Do you feel this brings more weight off than conventional low cal diets? Or that it's faster?
I don't have any idea about how JUDDD compares to conventional low-cal
diets, but it's not known as a fast weight loss method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
Clearly I was having an issue, which is why I started LC. I'm thinking the low days won't be so bad since I'm in ketosis anyway. Thoughts?
That was my thought, too, when I started. Surprisingly, the problems came
on the up days. The appetite just wasn't there, and I had difficulty getting
the calories in (but I eat in a set window, also, so I had to cram all my calories
in before 7PM. This is only a problem on Saturday, every other week, now.).
DDs were, and still are, a breeze for me. I pretty much stay under 50g carbs.
__________________
.

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it by the book...
It's not a stall when you're cheating!
If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as any other. (Yiddish Proverb)
~Proud to be a Famous Banta Babe~
Pami is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.