Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 02:33 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Congratulations on shopping for smaller sizes - those are definitely NSVs!

I had a headache yesterday too and, unusually, had to take analgesics. Must have been the thunderstorm. It felt so heavy here at the end of last week that I'm surprised the storm took so long to arrive!

I'm not a hat person. They ruin my hairstyle and make my scalp itchy to boot!
Temporary acquisition from a charity shop is a brilliant idea. Otherwise, they cost the equivalent of a lovely dress but you usually only wear them once. Then you have to store them somewhere!

My cat had to have lots of dental work done yesterday - he arrived many years ago as a tiny kitten with a virus infection that caused removal of several teeth when he was still very young. Now he's 12 and it just flared up again, so he's actually had a long reprieve.
The aftercare note said he might be off his food for a few days. When I brought him home, he was still drunk from the anaesthetic but staggered around shouting for the breakfast I'd cruelly deprived him of several hours earlier. I was instructed to feed him small amounts over several intervals to make sure there wasn't a problem from the anaesthetic - and he spent all evening clamouring for more food! Appetite evidently unaffected then.
I remembered Carly (I think it was) making her cat do JUDDD and decided I'd never be able to stand the DD pressure!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I had a headache yesterday too and, unusually, had to take analgesics. Must have been the thunderstorm.
I haven't had a headache or a migraine.

Even people who rarely get headaches are getting them with this barometric pressure but although you can see all of the blue veins quite clearly in my face and it's a tad bruised/swollen and I've got heightened tinnitus and some of the usual corollaries, apart from a few throbs that last seconds or a minor background temple pain - I've had virtually no real pain.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #363
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I gave up on juddd for the 2 overweight cats- it was too much pressure, but recently the really heavy cat hasn't been eating as much so maybe he decided to juddd
Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I'm not a hat person. They ruin my hairstyle and make my scalp itchy to boot!
Instinctively, I'm not a hat person. In practice, I wear what my DH terms my Anna Karenina hat during cold weather and during Summer, I nearly always wear a sun hat (you've observed my pale skin and I tend to develop heat stroke very easily).
Old 07-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #365
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Aha, Pink is Kerry, and a Food Analyst no less. We'll all be turning to you for advice!

I didn't get on with the potato hack, but lots of people thrive on it.

Flossy, I think I love your cat, he clearly knows that his stomach comes first. Sorry he has been poorly though, hope he make a good recovery.

It is so stormy today, I sort of love it, like a tropical monsoon, takessme back to my days overseas.

Last edited by Kissa; 07-23-2013 at 03:57 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I gave up on juddd for the 2 overweight cats- it was too much pressure, but recently the really heavy cat hasn't been eating as much so maybe he decided to juddd
LOL That's so funny! I think my dog is doing Fast 5. He refuses to eat anything in the morning or afternoon but once 5pm hits he gobbles up anything in sight and begs for more
Old 07-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #367

Clever dog!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
Hey everyone! Loved reading about JUDDDing cats! haha! Mine nibbles all day. He is the quintessential scaredy cat. He is terrified of thunderstorms, and is probably developing serious mental health problems due to the amount of rain we have had this summer!!

I was not wise and weighed this morning. I was up 1.5 pounds. Today is DD tho...so I hope I will not have done damage with my Indian food feast last night, and it will all be ok in the morning.

I was pretty excited to do some math and find a bag of salad mix at Trader Joe's is only 50 calories for the whole bag! Calorie counting is novel and fun right now. Here's hoping it stays so!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
SlowSure I'm so glad you haven't had a migraine, despite the weather's most determined efforts.
I do keep a little floppy hat in my bag in summer as I can't stand the hot sun on the top of my head. I'd rather sit under a parasol though. My mother was extremely sensitive to sunshine, so I can sympathise with your fair-skinned situation.

Carly, I can well believe the pressure from TWO cats feeling deprived. Doesn't bear thinking about!!

Cindy, my cat's fine today thanks - and very relieved to get his breakfast on time! He's slept a lot, so should be healing nicely.
No more storms here today, after the thunder and some light rain early this morning. It's been quite dark though.

Ellen, Indian food is very salty, so I don't think you need to worry. Enjoy your DD salad!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
Hey everyone! Loved reading about JUDDDing cats! haha! Mine nibbles all day. He is the quintessential scaredy cat. He is terrified of thunderstorms, and is probably developing serious mental health problems due to the amount of rain we have had this summer!!

I was not wise and weighed this morning. I was up 1.5 pounds. Today is DD tho...so I hope I will not have done damage with my Indian food feast last night, and it will all be ok in the morning.

I was pretty excited to do some math and find a bag of salad mix at Trader Joe's is only 50 calories for the whole bag! Calorie counting is novel and fun right now. Here's hoping it stays so!
Hi Ellen. I enjoy calorie counting too, except when I want to eat more lol. Then I start fudging...I didn't drink all my coffee, so I can subtract 30 calories. Welcome!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi Ellen. I enjoy calorie counting too, except when I want to eat more lol. Then I start fudging...I didn't drink all my coffee, so I can subtract 30 calories. Welcome!

Oh! I know what you mean about the fudging! I try and get away with that too... having the kitchen scale is keeping me honest!!

I had a good DD today...would have made it with 530 calories for the day, but I had a blood sugar crash and ate probably 200 calories trying to 'right' it. Thankfully I have a doctor's appt. on Friday and can get him to lower my dosage to try and keep it from happening. I am not complaining...just being low enough to crash is really encouraging.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
Thankfully I have a doctor's appt. on Friday and can get him to lower my dosage to try and keep it from happening. I am not complaining...just being low enough to crash is really encouraging.
I sort of know what you mean that this is progress in some ways but it still slightly freaks me to read that you're crashing. It will be good to agree a new dosage.

Do you use weights at home or in a gym? If the former, what sort of set up do you have? I've been looking at the Stronglifts 5x5 programme as you recommended.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #373
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hi sweet ladies! Lots of great stuff here. Just a fly-by tonight.

Ellen how scary for you sweety! Can you predict your crashes? Like are they immediately post prandial or do they happen a certain amount of time out from a last feeding? I'm thinking maybe you could tailor your 500 cal DDs so that you always have food every 2-3 hours -- just until you can get to the doc on Friday? and please take care!!!

Carol, what you call fudging I call "advanced math" lol!!!

OMG I am so not a hat girl. When I was bald, I would wear a ball cap and think it looked "ok". But I couldn't even handle bandanas much less wigs and real hats? No, no, no! As my niece says. lol. I just don't have the face for it. But my sissy on the other hand is beautiful in hats!

Ok, time for bed. Nitey!!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 07-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #374
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rinkytinkpink
Do you find planning UP and DD essential.

Hi folks

I'm interested in hearing about how planning UD and DD become a useful tool. I love planning and the numbers as it's like a little science to me. If i don't plan, which happens occasionally I don't feel quite as settled in my day.

Now it has been suggested that counting calories is quite controlling, lol...but that's me, although i like to think of myself as a rebel i also like order in my chaos! I would like to think I just like to have choice (choice to eat well) rather than control.

Anyway it's an UD today and I'm looking forward to my day and in fairness I find my DD's great too as they always seem to make me feel more peaceful. I also get a lot more done, maybe as a distraction.

So it's a win/win situation!

Kerry x

PS. I love hearing about peoples animals on here too. I have a little border terrier called Scruffy who loves it when i do the potato hack because she gets the left overs.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #375

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Kerry, what are leftovers? Hehe!

I planned meticulously in the beginning, but then found my favorites and know all the calorie counts, so I don't really plan anymore. I'm pretty boring in my choices though, and eat pretty much the same things. I still enter everything into my calorie tracker. Everything! Talk about controlled chaos!

I like to have a light breakfast and lunch on an UD and leave about 1000 calories for dinner. I find, with that pattern, for me, I can fit in whatever I want for dinner and just adjust portions to fit my calorie allotments. It almost always leaves me room for wine or cocktails as well, which I appreciate.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #376

Kerry, I am not a great planner although in the early days, coming from carb counting to calorie counting I was more organised.

I like to keep my DDs as low as possible, which means pretty simple. I often don't eat until the evening.

My UDs tend to be high, and, like Dawn, usually include wine... so I am a little more careful during the day too leave myself more leeway in the evenings.

I have been in maintenance for a long time, although I prefer the scale to register below 126 than above it. We are never satisfied are we?

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #377
the condiment queen

Hi Kerry and welcome!

So I do plan UD and DDs. I always start with Dinner because that's my most important meal. I want to be full and go to sleep without feeling hungry. I know I can be satisfied on 250cals for dinner, but always allow 300cals for dinner.

I eat in a 6-8 hour or feeding window or less! LOL. I actually try to fast daily a minimum of 14 hours from the end of the last meal on the previous day and on DDs, as long as I can go past the 14 hours without caving. It's actually pretty easy once you get adjusted. So the remaining 200 cals, I split into one or two 100 cal snacky meals.

There are sooo many alternatives, it's hard to share here all the different things I fix.

But tonight's dinner will be a chicken tender dish and I'm hungry for Moroccan, so it will probably be...

Dinner (308)
5oz Moroccan Grilled Chicken Fingers (160)
6 oz Moroccan-spiced Yellow Squash and Onions (62)
7 oz Sliced cucumbers, red onions, grape tomatoes in ACV with 1/8 avocado (86)

Dessert (40)
1 serving SF Jell-o (10)
2 ounces FF Greek Yogurt with Vanilla Stevia Drops (30)

If I can't control hunger past 1pm today, then I will have this lunch meal:

Lunch (114)
1 Turkey Wasa Crisp n' Light Cracker with 1 tsp Hellman's (74)
4 1/2 oz Cucumber & Red Onion with ACV (20)
1/4 Granny Smith Apple (20)

Daily Totals:
461 Calories; 9g Fat (17.8% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 1024mg Sodium; 36g Net Carbs

That leaves me a whopping 38 cals for emergencies. If no emergency, then I will just be under 500 cals by 38 cals today! Woot!

UD look pretty much like DDs except I have larger meals at lunch to up my protein a tiny bit and I add more fat. So the totals are more like 1200-1400 cals. I have to average between 900-1000 cals/day in order to lose. I can maintain on more...but if I want to see achingly slow loss, I keep it at that level!

It's 8:10am here and I'm enjoying some black decaf right now and don't feel any stress about the amount of food today. In fact, it looks sorta like any normal day to me!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by pooticus; 07-24-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 07-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm a natural planner, and like to know what to expect, so I've always tried to plan ahead and know just what I'll be having that day. Recently though, I've been noticing I haven't been planning as much and just feel like what to eat. I don't know what that's about! But I still do plan my calories BEFORE I've eaten things so I don't get any nasty surprises.

Like Pooti, I plan out my drinks and dinner on UDs and build the rest of the day around that. Unless of course I have a lunch or breakfast event, then it takes priority. But that doesn't happen super often.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #379

The countdown to vacation has begun! 2 more workdays and I'm outta here!

We can board the ship in LA as early as 1:00 Friday afternoon and it's about a 4 hour drive, so we'll be leaving early(ish) Friday morning. That means I get to do laundry, get the house in order, solidify arrangements with the pet sitter, and pack Thursday night. Whew!

We'll be on the ship for just 3 days with a day in Ensenada, where we've decided to do the cooking lesson and tour of the city. That should be fun. We'll get back to LA on Monday morning and plan to stay Monday and Tuesday.

One of those days will be spent at Disneyland, and the other day we're hoping to go to the Museum of Tolerance. I think Keira's old enough to "get it" and not be scarred for life. The Holocaust exhibit is recommended for ages 12 and up. Keira's a very mature 8. I haven't been there, but did visit Anne Frank's "attic" in Amsterdam when I was 10. I had read her Diary before we went, and I recall the museum was pretty graphic, but I think it helped to shape me into the compassionate adult I am today. I'm still weighing whether or not to take her to the Museum of Tolerance.

Has anyone been to the Museum? Thoughts? I suppose we could go to the other exhibits and let her decide if she wants to see the Holocaust exhibit.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #380
the condiment queen

Dawn, your vaca sounds like a blast! And how thoughtful of you to go to the museum. I have never been but is sounds so ... just wow. So much sadness and heartache that humans are capable of such monstrous acts, but it's so important to know of the capability of this happening so that we ensure it never happens again and we don't fall prey to revisionist history!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

Exciting Dawn! You guys are going to have a blast. I haven't been to the museum so I can't help with whether to take Keira or not. I do think it's so important that we as individuals and a society do not forget horrific things like the holocaust. We're in too much danger of forgetting things like that can and do actually happen.

I'll look forward to hearing about your experiences!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
I went to D.C. on a school trip in junior high, and we saw the Holocaust Museum. It was graphic, and coming from a Jewish family it was particularly heart wrenching. But it was a very good experience that taught me a lot, and I would love to go again! If she's a very mature 8, I'd think it'd be ok. And if she isn't ok with it, there is plenty of other stuff to look at I'm sure. At least there was in D.C.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, Pooticus! Only 1400 on UDs? It sounds like you've got a great plan though! KUTGW!

Hope everyone is having a fab hump day!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #384
the condiment queen

Yes Cindy it sucks to be me at times, but believe or not, if I'm clean eating, it's sometimes hard to get the 1400 in. Especially since I've been doing the 8hr eating window. I only have "time" for 2 meals and if I eat too big of a meal in the afternoon, I find I don't want dinner, but then get hungry by bedtime...and then the whole idea of having a DD after that, well...you know, crazy-making! LOL.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #385
Big Yapper!!!!

Mom has lost 20 pounds on JUDDD!

I'm so proud of my sweet mom! She started JUDDDing with me in early March, so in less than 5 months she has lost this 20. She eats right up to her 500 on DDs (she's so funny, she makes sure she gets every one of those calories in!) and doesn't count at all on UDs. She's turning 80 in a couple of weeks, and I know darn well she is eating above what would be her calculated UD calories for her age. She is looking trim and looks great in her clothes. YAY JUDDD!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #386

That's awesome Carol!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #387

Carol this gives me hope. I intend to be still doing this in 14 years and hope to do it as well as your Mother. Tell her congrats from us all here.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm so proud of my sweet mom! She started JUDDDing with me in early March, so in less than 5 months she has lost this 20. She eats right up to her 500 on DDs (she's so funny, she makes sure she gets every one of those calories in!) and doesn't count at all on UDs. She's turning 80 in a couple of weeks, and I know darn well she is eating above what would be her calculated UD calories for her age. She is looking trim and looks great in her clothes. YAY JUDDD!
Wow. That is very cool.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
I went to D.C. on a school trip in junior high, and we saw the Holocaust Museum. It was graphic, and coming from a Jewish family it was particularly heart wrenching. But it was a very good experience that taught me a lot, and I would love to go again! If she's a very mature 8, I'd think it'd be ok. And if she isn't ok with it, there is plenty of other stuff to look at I'm sure. At least there was in D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Exciting Dawn! You guys are going to have a blast. I haven't been to the museum so I can't help with whether to take Keira or not. I do think it's so important that we as individuals and a society do not forget horrific things like the holocaust. We're in too much danger of forgetting things like that can and do actually happen.

I'll look forward to hearing about your experiences!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Dawn, your vaca sounds like a blast! And how thoughtful of you to go to the museum. I have never been but is sounds so ... just wow. So much sadness and heartache that humans are capable of such monstrous acts, but it's so important to know of the capability of this happening so that we ensure it never happens again and we don't fall prey to revisionist history!
My SIL is German and was an exchange student here in 1988. She said they didn't go over the holocaust very much at all in their schools and she was shocked by what she learned in our school. It's sad, but so true that each culture has its own revisionist history. I'm sure we've rewritten a bunch of our own atrocities as well.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats to your mom, LCG!! Yay for you being such a good daughter and bringing her to this wonderful WOE.

Dawn, your trip sounds exciting!! I don't know anything about the museum, but I know I would love to visit it. I'm not sure whether it would be appropriate for Kiera or not. I guess it depends on how sensitive she is, or if you think she would worry overly about it later.
Closed Thread