Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Marvelous! I am so glad that I saw this today! I rarely have time to read and this is so wonderful to know. What an inspiration you are Monica! Tell your son that we are jumping for joy and he should be very proud of his accomplishments!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
He knows he has a WHOLE JUDDD forum of girls cheering for him! It makes him smile when I bring that up!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
This was such a lovely post to read. Monica what a wonderful thing to pass on to your son. And his progress is already fantastic!
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Thank you so much to all for your wonderful comments! We are all so happy for DS14 and I pray he does now have the TOOLS to avoid this again in life. One thing we stress more than anything is, SO WHAT if you have a bad DD or even an UUAD, jump right back into rotations the following day. LIFE HAPPENS! It is NOT an all or nothing deal!

As for the bullying, I can tell you, it is still VERY Present and VERY much a part of schools. The big areas to concern with are PE class, Cafeteria and the BUS! Those are 3 areas where monitoring doesn't happen. Also, like I said, JOCK mentality is ever present in PE Teachers. I have found this more of the Middle School and High School teachers. Putting down a student because he can't do XX push ups or such. THEY think they are doing well for the weak student...but by doing it IN CLASS in front of ALL, it lends to more teasing and such in other parts of the students day...AND when the PE teacher turns his back! The PE teachers at the higher grade levels are more the Coaches of the teams at the schools. They have more the JOCK vibe and tend to BOND with the JOCKS in their class. JOCKS, in my experience, PREY on the weak. Makes me SICK! I told him (the PE Teacher) when he called me, Has my son ever been sick? He rarely misses school, why would he decide NOW to "fake" an injury????

It is what it is. I tell DS14 often that these very kids that make fun of him.....will go on to do very little in their life. Most often, they make fun of others to help them feel better about themselves. My DS14 is extremely gifted. Took the ACT in 7th grade and got a score that most "JOCKS" would kill for in 12th grade. That has also set him up for teasing. Hoping that in High School, he will be separated enough from the others that his "talent of smarts" won't be something they can continue to tease him about.
I am not a big fan of the jock culture either. Love athleticism, just not the mean stuff that seems to too often go along with it. It will get better for your son, as others have said it gets better as kids get older, and sorry that it matters, but he will be slimmer, so the issues associated with being a chunky kid will vanish. But despite all he has gone through, he really has already won in the most important way for his life -- he has a wonderful, loving mom.

I am looking forward to hearing about all his future success. He sounds like a real smart kid--those others best be careful, they may need to ask your DS for a job one day
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
I am so happy for him!!! That's awesome. I keep telling my husband about this idea (high DD's) because he doesn't like the idea of Judd, but I just know if he tries it he will love it!

My DH was picked on in school for his weight... It makes me so upset!!!! But my DH is the coolest dude ever now. I hope things get better for your son, he's an inspiration for us all!
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
He knows he has a WHOLE JUDDD forum of girls cheering for him! It makes him smile when I bring that up!
Aww that's so cute!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is what it is. I tell DS14 often that these very kids that make fun of him.....will go on to do very little in their life. Most often, they make fun of others to help them feel better about themselves. My DS14 is extremely gifted. Took the ACT in 7th grade and got a score that most "JOCKS" would kill for in 12th grade. That has also set him up for teasing. Hoping that in High School, he will be separated enough from the others that his "talent of smarts" won't be something they can continue to tease him about.
YES. Things will change so much. It doesn't make it easier to deal with now but it's crazy how much things change once you're out of high school.